BE - Research

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

BE - Research

Post by tatu »

As I told in the update topic, I was going to post an example on one part of the research I did a few years back.
This one I want to show now comes from the build 96's Beach level. I'm just going to post an example right now, which apply to all levels and all objects.

First of all, get this text file:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?w21j61k7y937g5x

You will see every single object in the beach level (build 96) and it's location. The location is not important (it just takes to much time removing that from the text file).

Now take a look at some instances like:

Code: Select all

SConcretePile02-00
SConcretePile02-03
SConcretePile03-00
SConcretePile03-02

SConcretePile04-00
SConcretePile04-02
SConcretePile04-04
SConcretePile04-05
To me, this tells me that "SConcretePile02-01", "SConcretePile02-02", "SConcretePile04-01" and "SConcretePile04-03" is missing. I would suggest that this shows that there was more instances of these at some point, but they where removed.

There are example of this in every levels. Terrain objects etc. I remember I found out that the town had at some point around 200 more barrels than in build 96's IT level. I think this could help us in some cases, know how much they had placed in some locations, like here in the beach, suggesting there was 4 more concrete piles at some point.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: BE - Research

Post by awesome24712 »

Does this mean that the model/script is in the .grf but it's not actually implemented in the level?

And, how did you compile the massive list?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:Does this mean that the model/script is in the .grf but it's not actually implemented in the level?

And, how did you compile the massive list?
No, it just shows every instances placed in the level.

I used GUIApp for it, saved the level in Text.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I've been going through this level some with the help of this info.

There are really large numbers of monorail pieces that are missing. Among other things missing is large numbers are crates, concrete stuff, fence, barrels, bridge piles (many of the movables), and a lot of foliage.

According to the walkthrough, the beach level was really short and Jungle Road got an construction site. I'm pretty sure most of the construction stuff in the beach level actually comes from the construction site in Jungle Road, judging from how much is missing.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Just getting some images for TO and found this one again:

Screen4_[2].jpg, The gun range was in JR just after the fences and before the InGen sign, I think this should be how we handle the level, BE can be short and JR needs that extra length due to PH taking a considerable amount of the other half of JR lol.

Screen5.jpg, Here's the sign, we can see the trail to the right as we are used to it, I'll give the image some further analysis later.

Screen6.jpg, so there is no ordering here, or at least, none that I can see.

Here's the final fence of BE in the distance, no sign of the sign (no pun here), perhaps the earlier image IS in BE, but was actually located after the first fence or even before it? This image is Screen7.jpg the other is Screen4_[2].jpg, so ordering may be important.

EDIT: rimg tags dont work in here for some reason tatu, did you disable them by chance?
Last edited by Mickey on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

"RIMG" isn't working for me, either. . .
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu

Post by tatu »

RexHunter99 wrote:EDIT: rimg tags dont work in here for some reason tatu, did you disable them by chance?
I'm not an admin anymore so I can't do stuff like that.

You forgot this image:

You can see that there is much more foliage on the left side on the image, far out in the non-playable area. There isn't that newer ground texture either where you start.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Wired the Image function is bugged out... for some odd reason :? *looking in to it*
tatu

Post by tatu »

Mickey wrote:Wired the Image function is bugged out... for some odd reason :? *looking in to it*
Worked fine for me. Guess only Rex have that problem :P
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Mickey wrote:Wired the Image function is bugged out... for some odd reason :? *looking in to it*
I figured it out, the BBCode parser here doesnt like you using the square brackets for anything but bbCode, poor programming if you ask me. I had to make a tinyurl of the link to get it to work.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

p.s: Tatu just added you as moderator for this section :) being (Trespasser Reloaded)
tatu

Post by tatu »

Mickey wrote:p.s: Tatu just added you as moderator for this section :) being (Trespasser Reloaded)
Thank you very much. :D