Dino STuff

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Dino STuff

Post by Rebel »

Was anyone aware that you can give raptors, feet?

string LeftFoot = "$Foot" (named dummy $model)
string Foot = "$Foot2" (named dummy $model)

(string foot is rightfoot default, so string rightfoot = nothing)

Doing so don't help 'em jump, but I did find it interesting. If you turn on bones, there appears to be boxes already assigned to each foot, though if you notice how often a raptor's foot gets stuck and disappears into an object, I tend to believe that the default feet are not truly tangible even though the bones cheat renders them to be.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

so what does this mean for us? is it possible to make the raptors NOT get stuck in boxes anymore?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nah, the idiots still get stuck. Without being able to jump, they still attempt to walk thru an object instead of up n' over it. Other than being able to shoot them in the foot and cause blood and damage, there doesn't appear to be any benefit at all. :?
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

Interesting. When investigating the SCN I discovered that there were "LFoot+RaptorB" and "RFoot+RaptorB" objects, it didn't occur to me that you could set them in the script. I guess "LFoot" is a built-in (default) model for LeftFoot, used if you don't set LeftFoot in the TScript.

Rebel, what did you mean about RightFoot? That you can't set it, but must set Foot instead?

(The .exe contains the following strings: "Anne-Foot", "RightRearFoot", "LeftRearFoot", "RightFoot", "LeftFoot", "Foot", "LFoot", "RFoot")
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Andres wrote:IRebel, what did you mean about RightFoot? That you can't set it, but must set Foot instead?

(The .exe contains the following strings: "Anne-Foot", "RightRearFoot", "LeftRearFoot", "RightFoot", "LeftFoot", "Foot", "LFoot", "RFoot")
Precisely. By default 'Foot' = RFoot, or so it seems. 'LFoot' is valid, though using RFoot, the $Model was abandoned by the raptor, staying at it's static position while the raptor moved along. I still don't quite understand why these values are there, why they weren't used and other than giving the raptor's a bloody foot, is there any other benefit?

*Enlighten me a little here, please. Where are the raptor's feet ($models) that you see with the bones cheat on coming from? How are they being assigned...?
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

Well I assume that when you set LeftFoot = "$Foot", then $Foot was used as the raptor's foot (see with bones cheat). And so because I noticed a "LFoot" object in the SCN, even though there is none in the grf, I am assuming that the .exe has default foot objects built in. (I'm not sure how the position of those default feet is set.)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I'm going to assume that although a trifle interesting, adding additional $models as feet has little benefit. When I first stumbled upon it, I dared hope it would have solved the 'I can't jump' 'cause I'm a gravity-challenged raptor, but that didn't happen....

:(