Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser Reloaded - Recoded

Post by Second Illiteration »

I'm also a huge fan of trespasser (obviously or I wouldn't have been involved in a trespasser community for the better part of 10 years), but there are absolutely things that I could see having improvements and I've mentioned those; more detailed dinosaurs, visually and A.I., thicker jungle-like foliage etc. The physics aspect of the game is something you'd have to keep, being able to interact with the entire environment, and it sounds like Rex intends to do just that. But no there's the possibility to have lots of other cool things, and I'm glad that Rex has the initiative, time, and know how to make an attempt at this.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Second Illiteration wrote:I'm also a huge fan of trespasser (obviously or I wouldn't have been involved in a trespasser community for the better part of 10 years), but there are absolutely things that I could see having improvements and I've mentioned those; more detailed dinosaurs, visually and A.I., thicker jungle-like foliage etc. The physics aspect of the game is something you'd have to keep, being able to interact with the entire environment, and it sounds like Rex intends to do just that. But no there's the possibility to have lots of other cool things, and I'm glad that Rex has the initiative, time, and know how to make an attempt at this.
Thanks SI, that really does mean a lot to me. :)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Post by TheGuy »

Here's another request: It would be fantastic to have other animals, not only dinosaurs. Things like birds would be cool, especially if they could fly about and land on trees, only to fly off again when you shoot your gun.

Also, atmosphere played a huge part in the 'feel' of Trespasser, I think, and weather would help that along quite nicely. So, some realistic weather would be fantastic. :) Just imagine going down into a valley full of thick mist, and sounds echo around from the various creatures lurking inside. Or walking through the blistering hot sun of JR, heatwaves causing marriages in the distance.
ImageImage
Velociraptor Alfa
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Velociraptor Alfa »

I would like to see (heard) original dinosaur sounds from JP and TLW.
"To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art." - Grand Admiral Thrawn
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Original sounds from the movies can be done in the engine now easily enough...my rexes and raptors use sounds from the movies. Pretty neat actually.

Has this been mentioned for the game; different times of day?
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Second Illiteration wrote:Original sounds from the movies can be done in the engine now easily enough...my rexes and raptors use sounds from the movies. Pretty neat actually.

Has this been mentioned for the game; different times of day?
I think what Velociraptor Alfa means is the lack of distance calculation in the new dinosaur vocals we make :( which can be rectified just that no one has gotten around to making a full TPA editor (as it requires a Foley Table editor as well)

As for Day/Night cycles, Draco mentioned it IIRC and I do plan to make transitional sky boxes/spheres.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Good planning so far Rex! Best of luck with working on it and implementing the features here.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Did anybody mention walking animation for the player yet? That should definitely be added in "Reloaded."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

RexHunter99 wrote: I think what Velociraptor Alfa means is the lack of distance calculation in the new dinosaur vocals we make :( which can be rectified just that no one has gotten around to making a full TPA editor (as it requires a Foley Table editor as well)

As for Day/Night cycles, Draco mentioned it IIRC and I do plan to make transitional sky boxes/spheres.
Just adding the attenuation & distance values to the new dino vocals works ok, Rex (wasn't it you who originally hex edited those values for Drac?). The last caption reader released does have an option to import sounds as an effect (ie. dino vocal), although it's a default value I set internally based upon the most common value and not something that can be set by the user as Machf desires.

Anyhoo, looks like you're moving along here. .. best of luck with this project.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Oh, wow Drac. That's.. awesome! I don't even know what to say to that. :P Didn't know it existed, seeing it like that is pretty cool. Sounds like what the TresDevs were trying to do.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yeah, that's what they used in Grand Theft Auto IV which I was talking about earlier. It's amazing!
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Oh, and absolutely the ability to make zombie mods, multiplayer and single player.
CarnivoreHunter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by CarnivoreHunter »

if any one hasnt posted this yet

a stable game engine that wont crash or less crash's please :nerd:
spino audio Startlvl Tpa additive download here >>> http://www.box.net/shared/vyh7jlypj9
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

A few features I'd like to see in this new Trespasser would be...

-Raptors in packs - reacting intelligently to Anne and attempting to outflank you. The raptors in Trespasser now are usually on their own and will charge blindly for you, allowing you to dodge them by stepping to the left or right.

- An option to play in either "Day", "Evening", or "Night", similar to the Carnivores trilogy.

- More dinosaurs (Site B has more than Trespasser showed, I swear.) such as the Stego, Spitter, and Pteranodons if it's possible to code it to attack mid-air like the Pterasaurs in Jurassic: The Hunted, and to land and attack you like in Jurassic Park 3.

- Less disappointing physics. (I'd rather play the beta/pre-release shown in the Pre-release screenshots on TresCom that play the actual Trespasser. Those flimsy chairs would actually smash if you threw them in the pre-release, something DW clearly thought wasn't needed, God knows why.)

- And last but not least, an explanation as to why Anne is only able to use ONE arm. A full model of her would be nice, too, to able to do third person like in Half-Life... Yeah...
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov