Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Existing versions of Trespasser

Post by machf »

Confirmed by different persons:
  • US English version (116d)
  • UK English version (minor differences to US one)
  • (Latin American) Spanish version (117)
  • German version (117)
  • (Brazilian?) Portuguese version (117, likely?)
  • French version (117, likely)
Possible, given languages mentioned in manual:
  • Japanese
  • Chinese (there is one which is a relabeled UK version, but is there another one?)
Others:
  • Demo (117)
  • Beta 96
  • Beta 116c
The reason the Patches exist only for the US/UK English version is likely because it's the only one that is version 116d instead of 117.

If anyone can provide further information about any version, it will be most appreciated.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Existing versions of Trespasser

Post by scallenger »

Does anyone know if the other language versions feature the exact same content, except with perhaps subtitles for the appropriate language? Or was all the dialogue actually re-recorded for the language, like you would do for a film dubbing? And either way... I wonder if their level files, namely the Stream.TPA feature anything... different...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yes, the Spanish version does have Spanish voice overs.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5932&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The Spanish, German and Portuguese have both subtitles and dialogue in their language. I'm not sure of the French version, but I'm guessing it does too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

What if the TPAs from the other lang. does contain the still missing VO from the beta?

EDIT: Interesting, you can't see the spanish subtitles in TPAHack as you can with the english.

Btw, I notice that the leaked 116d and beta got register buttons on the setup, but my english 116d cd dosent got it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

My Trespasser certainly always had a register button on the setup..
tatu

Post by tatu »

I got the UK English version and my don't even got the ereg folder. In the setup the help button i placed in the center and not on the right as the other one has.

Oh btw, my setup is dated 16 October 1998 and not 6 October as the other once

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hummm. Well the original version of Tres that I used had the ereg folder etc. The CD I purchased, "Trespass_UK_116", doesn't have it.. Don't remember if it had a register button. I *thought* it did. I've actually sent two or three registration forms for Trespasser out, in the past 5+ years :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:What if the TPAs from the other lang. does contain the still missing VO from the beta?

EDIT: Interesting, you can't see the spanish subtitles in TPAHack as you can with the english.
It's been quite some time, now I think they have the dubbed audio but no subtitles, looks like they didn't have the tool that was used originally to add subtitles to the voiceovers. The subtitles that have been translated are the ones that are inside the executable, now I remember.

Btw, I notice that the leaked 116d and beta got register buttons on the setup, but my english 116d cd dosent got it.
tatu wrote:I got the UK English version and my don't even got the ereg folder. In the setup the help button i placed in the center and not on the right as the other one has.

Oh btw, my setup is dated 16 October 1998 and not 6 October as the other once
Draconisaurus wrote:Hummm. Well the original version of Tres that I used had the ereg folder etc. The CD I purchased, "Trespass_UK_116", doesn't have it.. Don't remember if it had a register button. I *thought* it did. I've actually sent two or three registration forms for Trespasser out, in the past 5+ years :lol:
I remember some time ago Remdul or someone else mentioning the lack of the ereg folder in the UK version too, that's basically the difference between the US and UK releases.

EDIT: older threads about this:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6383
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6697&p=81373
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6204&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Drac, did you take a good look at the files on that Chinese CD of yours?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well I've installed Trespasser from it a couple times now I think. I'm pretty damn sure it's the same as every other "Trespass_UK_116" version. Probably just a different multi-lingual CD decal.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Looking at the old thread, you can still download the Spanish Stream.TPA at the link below (I am right now):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BE3SY3DK

Man, how long does Megaupload keep links active?! Lol.

Anyway, I do remember reading about this before and I guess wasn't as interested since I only want to use Richard Attenburrough's interpretation of Hammond in JURASSIC TIME. But... it would be cool to find out if anything else was recorded to at least make note of it as the missing lines of dialogue. It's too bad I took 2 years of Spanish and forgot EVERYTHING, but maybe one of you guys know Spanish, or maybe I know someone that does...

Hmmm....

I guess I will first compare the number of Spanish Hammond recordings to that of the real one... if it is different, we'll go from there...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Guess who.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Buddy! LOL. Hehe. Well, that solves that problem! But yeah, let me have a looksie here in about 20 minutes and we will see if it is necessary. ;) I'll PM you from here, since I think I am making this thread go off-topic.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The VO in the spanish steam uses the names ingame as english VA1 etc..

scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Yeah... I just found that out now the hard way, with my limited knowledge of Spanish checking the voiceovers, and seeing how many blocks the TPA has. lol. So, shame, nothing new to be seen in there. Was worth a shot, though. Besides the change in language, it is basically identical to the retail TPA. It is kinda interesting to hear the different voices though! Haha. I very well could do a Spanish version of Jurassic Time with no problem, lol. But sorry... I don't think I will.