Existing versions of Trespasser

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Existing versions of Trespasser

Post by machf »

Right, you could since they've replaced the streams themsleves but kept the names. Imagine, you could release JurassicTime in Spanish, German, French...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Nooooooo!!!!!! LOL. Doing it a second time now is quite enough! LOL. Although it is a bit fun, haha. Sorry to be off topic again, but are there really only 2 Hammond voiceovers that we know of that we still don't have? Just 2? Oh, that bugs me! LOL. At least now if we find the last 2, it will only effect 2 tracks of JT, at most! :D
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Why not contact one of the people who worked with the sound for trespasser, maybe they got a manus script or the full stream somewere? Also they might have the full list of effect names etc..
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, I have talked to Austin Grossman, the writer of Trespasser, and asked if he still had the original script. He said he did somewhere but had to look for it, since he was in the process of moving. That was a looong time ago, and he still hadn't found it. I contact him every few months, but he hasn't responded in a long time. I'm sure he's busy, because even his blog hasn't been updated since May.

However, I actually wrote him an e-mail today, telling him about JT 2.0 (though I didn't say we found the beta... just said we discovered more lines of dialogue... didn't say how, lol), and my secret project I have yet to reveal. I also snuck in asking if he had any luck finding the original script. Let's hope he finally writes back, because I don't want to bug him anymore if he isn't going to.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Interesting. I compared the TPAs for retail, beta and spanish;

Code: Select all

Retail		Spannish	Beta

Steam		132 204kb	149 308 kb	127 908 kb

Effect		15 696 kb	16 764 kb	14 823 kb

Menu		        778 kb		778 kb		678 kb

Ambient		9 175 kb	9 175 kb	11 154

The spanish effect is bigger that the retail. Even if there isn't more or less sounds in it it's bigger... btw, machf, have you checked the almost 100 new sounds in ambient?
The spanish effect is dated to be last changed 24 october 98, while the retail is dated 9 october 98. Does the effect got any VO anything they would have translated?

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

scallenger wrote:However, I actually wrote him an e-mail today, telling him about JT 2.0 (though I didn't say we found the beta... just said we discovered more lines of dialogue... didn't say how, lol), and my secret project I have yet to reveal. I also snuck in asking if he had any luck finding the original script. Let's hope he finally writes back, because I don't want to bug him anymore if he isn't going to.
If his blog hasn't been updated in so long a time, I think you're right - he's just very busy. I'd say an email every 4 months or so shouldn't hurt.. Might want to mention that you don't want your emails to get lost in the spam, so your writing is to make sure that he sees it.. Idk :yum: You could also just do it twice a year or somethin, and keep an eye on his blog - if somethin new pops up, obviously it would be a good time to email again.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:Interesting. I compared the TPAs for retail, beta and spanish;

Code: Select all

Retail		Spannish	Beta

Steam		132 204kb	149 308 kb	127 908 kb

Effect		15 696 kb	16 764 kb	14 823 kb

Menu		        778 kb		778 kb		678 kb

Ambient		9 175 kb	9 175 kb	11 154

The spanish effect is bigger that the retail. Even if there isn't more or less sounds in it it's bigger... btw, machf, have you checked the almost 100 new sounds in ambient?
You mean the Beta? There are 15 unknown names vs. 9 in the Retail, and 3 vs. 2 for the stream.tpa files...
The spanish effect is dated to be last changed 24 october 98, while the retail is dated 9 october 98. Does the effect got any VO anything they would have translated?
Sure, the various Anne "gun" voiceovers are there, as well as some other ones.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

I just got confirmed that either the chinese or japanese version was created for the game. Atleast buttons and text!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Good. There's also the French one and the (Brazilian?) Portuguese one... did you manage to find any of those?
tatu

Post by tatu »

No I didn't, but I will continue to look :)

jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

What's the difference between Beta 96 and Beta 116?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

116 is the final version...
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

...I knew that.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Dumping a very old topic.

Someone at MobyGames posted pictures of the Chinese version of the Box. It appears the box got translated into local language just like in other countries. The disc also appear to look identical to the Chinese one Draco had years ago: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6204#p71713

Draco's version had English localisation but I've sent a message to the user who uploaded the images to get a proper confirm if possible. :) (Maybe we should start archiving other language like the Spanish and German version of the game, and possible French if we can find it, and Italian?).

EDIT: Game was not translated or dubbed into Chinese!

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

How odd... given that EffectsEditor has options for that.
I don't know if there's a French version of the game, but there is a Portuguese one I haven't been able to get my hands on...

EDIT: according to EffectsEditor, the following were the "official" languages:
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Japanese
  • Chinese