TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: TresCom Community Project - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Anna »

Since I first have holiday in 3-4 weeks, I'm very busy >.<. My teachers are worse than usual, so my house wouldn't be finish that quick, as I hoped.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote:Sam from electronics please come to lane 17 or call 217 for a price check please. Sam from electronics call 217 or come to lane 17 for a price check. Thank you.
Ah, working at Walmart, as your excuse for not getting real man's work done :P :lol:
Nick3069 wrote:
Draco master wrote:I have a feeling that I need to find a new spot... maybe somewhere near the dam (or where it would be unless its moved) XD I haven't been keeping pace x_X
No the dam has not been moved, but the way to get there has been enlarged by a lot.
The dam is not actually going to be a part of IT anymore - it will be a part of PL (Plains) instead. The basic terrain for PL is already set up within IT. So, I'm afraid your house can't be anywhere near the dam.
Reaper67 wrote:Thanks for the info. As for the level saves, do you mean that I should delete everything else in the level or just make the house and save it like that?
Whatever you do, do not delete everything, haha. You'll cause major errors. Not sure what you mean by "level saves"... But anyway, as we said, you can either build your house in IT itself and send me the 5 level files from that, or get an idea of how big your plot is and construct your house in a small level, like a little corner of StartLev.
Reaper's Plot....I know that this isn't the best picture but that's just what my editor looks like.

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww31 ... Myplot.jpg
Please be sure to download the level I've put up. IT is not the same as it was and your plot is currently under a huge hill - the drainpipe will not be featured in Tres: Reloaded.

As for the strange appearance of your editor, you may want to play the level again and make sure the SWP is working properly.. Also remember: you cannot open levels from locations other than the CD directory you created if that level is also present in the CD directory (a design feature of the creator(s) of TresEd). That might explain your wonky textures, there.. It may be trying to load conflicting IT files from different locations.
I don't know if it would be OK but, maybe he could be relocated in the final version. It's not a big deal if he can't.
The raptors will all be in different places, more or less.
I had an interesting idea. My house is a bit small for the chosen plot so I was wondering if I could expand a bit. I have two different expansion ideas. I could construct a hallway to a second part of my house or I could make a few cages in which I would put a couple of dinos. I wouldn't move them but I would copy them. I don't know if that would work out but if it's possible I would like to try. The first option would probably be better for now, if any.
Do whatever you want, dude. :P Though you'll need to pick an entirely new plot, and the space next to Wu's house and beside the ball court has been taken by Matt. And I will address problems when I import.. Though I should say that dinos in cages is generally not a good idea and should be avoided, so it doesn't take up "space" from the processing of the other AIs in the area.
I have been working on my house (location can still be changed if needed) and this is how it looks so far....
http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww31 ... ession.jpg

My plan is to make it a two story house.
Interesting.. but really, that TresEd issue needs to be sorted out. Also be sure to test your level ingame regularly - if it doesn't work, stop immediately until you figure out what went wrong.
Anna wrote:Since I first have holiday in 3-4 weeks, I'm very busy >.<. My teachers are worse than usual, so my house wouldn't be finish that quick, as I hoped.
Ouch, I can imagine how that goes.. That's fine anyway! We have lots of time.
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Post by Reaper67 »

I have been testing regularly and, it works fine. It's just the editor that looks weird. I'll get some in game pics soon. Where can I get the IT download? I haven't seen it and I figure it will be faster to ask rather than hunt it down. I think I know how to transfer objects between levels but, just to be sure, could you briefly describe how to do that for me? Thank you.
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

It's at the end of the first post of page one of this topic.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Have a look here for how to go about exporting/importing..
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Re: TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by Reaper67 »

Thanks guys, I am all set to export/import to the official level. I haven't finished the house yet but I can do that in the "reloaded" map. I am not going to be doing much online or offline work for a while because I just graduated high school today! I will be working on things as soon as the dust settles though.
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Congrats on your graduation. 8)

PS: Thanks I suppose to whoever made a separate TresCom Community Project forum board.. I take it to be Sam's handywork ;P When this project gets more underway, I'll probably split off topics concerning the individual levels, and aspects of development..
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Here is an update:
My house is almost complete, all that is missing are the windows and some of the textures need to be replaced.
houseface.jpg
houseface.jpg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 13517 times
Now it looks like a house and not just blocks.

Right now it has 1371 triangles, I'm a little worried that, with the windows, it might pass the max aloud triangles on a single model (2048, IIRC.)
Good thing the chimney, the rear deck, the front deck pillars and railing, and all the permanent furniture are not included in that model.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great work!
If a model does go over 2048, you can always split the mesh up. With large objects such as buildings, high-poly is not so great a concern..
trexhunter
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by trexhunter »

Guys We Want Trespasser The way it Used To Be NOW LEts Make IT WE Can't Sit Here Talking About It Forever You Might Object JUST Watch HIstory OF Trespasser And You'll Understand Its On Youtube.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

What are you mumbling about?
We're not "sitting here talking about it forever". (I'm not, at least. Also this topic has been very active lately, so there is barely any talking.)
This kind of project doesn't take just a few weeks, it can take years. Let's hope it doesn't take that long.
Why don't you help the community project by making a building or something?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I've just taken photos of the evacuation plans of the office building (they say there's going to be a fire drill later), I'll upload them later in case anyone wants to model the building...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

trexhunter wrote:Guys We Want Trespasser The way it Used To Be NOW LEts Make IT WE Can't Sit Here Talking About It Forever You Might Object JUST Watch HIstory OF Trespasser And You'll Understand Its On Youtube.
We helped him make that video, btw. He gathered most of his information from a thread in the trespasser general forum. You should also check out his "Let's Play: Trespasser" video series.

By the way you might want to reread your posts before you make them and determine what tone it comes across as. It would have been better if you said this:
"Hey guys, anyone still working on this? We want Trespasser to be what it should have been! Can someone post some updates?"
It helps since it will keep people from being annoyed or angered by your posts.
Nick3069 wrote:This kind of project doesn't take just a few weeks, it can take years. Let's hope it doesn't take that long.
It likely will. JPDS has taken a few years and they still haven't finished the first level (even with all the cuts Draco is making so he can get it out there). Also JPO has been in development since 2002 and most of the time I have spent on it has been making models and then remaking them because I learned how to make them better. If you check my update thread you can see the detail I put into the Explorer but if you look closer you can see several places where I put less detail so I could save a few polys for vegetation and other models.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

hppav wrote:(I can't use the real quote option for some reason).
I've thought that sometimes - you need to put the person's name in "quotes" :P
Sam wrote:
As for the length of this project - yes it'll take at the least a couple years, I'm sure. Especially since I am tentatively considering making JPDS~EA after all, since Rex is concerned with copyright when using a new engine (thus casting out our idea for a new Tres engine entirely). ...Oh! Rex, we could make a dino engine for an original game, then "mod" our own engine to make JPDS! XD
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:
hppav wrote:(I can't use the real quote option for some reason).
I've thought that sometimes - you need to put the person's name in "quotes" :P
Sam wrote:
I did but instead of a quote all I got was "["

Odd, now it works :? I guess it was a temporary glitch...
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos