TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

No Longer Active! - The first TresCom Community Project - restoring and rebuilding the original game.

Moderators: tatu, scallenger, Rebel, Wajas

enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: TresCom Community Project 1 - Trespasser: Reloaded

Post by enigma »

Is there any plans, or sort of design document outlining what is to be done with reloaded in the future, what's needed etc?

Also, nearly finished the house, just need to texture it, collisions and a little optimisation. Also the glass windows, a little problem.
Maybe a couple of glass textures might be useful that people could use,like cracked, clean, mossy etc should be available.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm. We are modding a retail level. Repopulating the SWP may not be possible (and would remove all normalmaps, which I'm trying not to do). So, do not expect to be able to put new 24-bit textures into the 'Reloaded town - doing so would stand a good chance of corrupting the muzzleflashes, not to mention that retail modding is simply a slippery business that you don't want to do anything too drastic with. There are of course ways of doing dirty-looking windows without 24-bit textures.

As for an outline of the future - I am trying to keep us all focused on mainly one level at a time (at the least for now), so that the project does not lose steam and fizzle out from "too much work load" at once. The current objective is for people to make their custom houses (or populate one that's already there). After we have at least several of those done and in place, I will do a bit more basic work around the level and release that - at which point I'll post a list of objectives that need doing around the level. Everything from building-population, to model/texture fixes, to general foliage etc. The new IT will extend out to the southeast-corner, visible from the town, where a hill goes up and has a little gap. The East road from the town will continue towards it and over the hill. After sufficient work has been done on IT (to a point where most buildings are finalized and at least half of the custom houses are in place, and everything but final tidying-up is ready), I will begin PL ("Plains") production, which includes a train station on the way to the Plains and then the entire vastness of the Plain itself, the size of which can currently be seen in the WTD of my released IT. I'll be creating the PL level from scratch, creating a new terrain palette, and all kinds of other junk.. it will be a fun level. What I'll be doing is setting up all the locations and terrain of that level, and the basic set-up for the Dam, then release it and have people take commissions for doing foliage in specified areas of the level. Then I might have someone take a commission for gun distribution (we may try to have reloadable weapons in Tres: R).. I may do most of the dino placement myself. Etc. etc...

After PL, we're either going to move to JR or PV. ;) JR will be fun because the big empty area in the end of JR connects directly (even to the coordinate) to where I've now set IT to begin, so we won't have lots of redesign to do.. I'll be looking for ways to make JR a more interesting place, since the Plantation House and Mayan plateau will removed entirely. One thing I'll be doing is taking a look at where those road terrain objects are and flattening them out - it makes no sense that they would be going over those big ridges and such. Hopefully we won't need to restart the level files for JR, but we will if need be. If I could combine BE and JR, I would, but I'm afraid there's not quite enough space in the terrain. Oh and of course, we will see the return of the "hidden valley" to ingame play...

If JR is the next one, then right after that, BE should be taken care of, since it's a fairly small level. I actually started work on that one over a year ago.. aligning various things to fit with some beta video/images. ;) Still, more work needs to be done, so that it's not quite so similar.. I'll be looking for people to suggest ideas for what's to be done. Hmm.. perhaps I'll start threads for the other levels, now, for people to suggest ideas, but we should not spend any modding time on them, yet, or too much energy thinking about them..

Anyway, then there's PV, which is technically a whole project in and of itself. :yum: Sam's piping will be a big help. Production of PV should probably go on simultaneously with production of Lab Reloaded, since they will connect in a new way. I'll again be looking for people with interest and new ideas for Lab - we're going to need to come up with some very clever scripting to get that weight puzzle to work with the capacitors. Oh and, I intend to re-include some plot elements that seem to have been removed, including Anne getting a hold of the data that's locked inside..

After PV and LAB, we'll move on to the ascent levels. By the time we get that far with this whole project, I'm betting machf's Pens level will finally be released. He's already stated that it will remain separate from this project, so what I'm anticipating is potentially some various elements "borrowed" from his level that happen to work nicely with the course of Tres: R, but we'll see anyway. The Ascent levels will all be worked on at once.. And as for Summit, it will happen at some point near the end, probably. :P Things to be done in Summit include fixing of the alarm, so that it repeats, and making something out of that fuse puzzle in the box on that radio tower...

I think I'll go ahead and start threads for each level, now. There's a lot going on..
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Post by Reaper67 »

So, a while back I posted my photo of my progress and you pointed me to where I could download the reloaded level. I did, but I've never been able to figure out the .rar files. What am I suppose to do with them? I have been working on my house and I'll just move it when I figure out how to use the files.
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

A RAR file is like a ZIP file, you have to use a decompresser. Try 7-Zip or jZip they are both 100% free. There is also WinRAR, that one isn't free, but the trial period never expires. My personal favorite is Alpha-Zip, but like WinRAR, only the trial is free.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Go with WinRAR, fosho.

Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Location: I live in a cave. I learned to speak Raptor so they don't know I'm different.

Post by Reaper67 »

Hm, I went to the site that you guys kindly put up for me, but there is two options. First option is 3.80 and the other is 3.90 beta 4. I am unsure as to which I should choose. I will get them both for now and then I will just stick with whatever you guys suggest.
I am the sole creator of the Trespasser page in MyCheats. Go check it out and tell me what you think.

~Reaper67.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Erm.. They are all pretty much to same to me.. Just stick with 3.80, no need to get into beta crap in case something is amiss.
Reaper67
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Reaper67 »

Right, will do! Thanks for the help.

~Reaper67.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Question: I'm working on a Power Plant level that occurs over the ridge that the power lines go over in PV, near the first gate. Could it be included in RE:?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Where is this exactly? Is it a completely new power plant between the dam and the start of PV, is it part of the dam or is it part of the geothermal plant? If it's it own plant then the answer is probably no.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm thinking no... There is pretty much no space between the powerline transition of PV to IJ3 over that hill, or certainly none that should be accessible on foot, and we don't want to add things like new power plants to the layout of Trespasser. You'll have a lot more freedom keeping it as your own little project. 8)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

There is a small flat area between IJ and PV, but it's REALLY small.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I uploaded an empty IT so that nobody needs to create one to upload their house/building/structure in it.
http://cid-955a2d2e26a2a077.skydrive.li ... mplate.zip

You might want to rename the level before uploading your things in it.
BTW, this is one of the 2 levels I said I was planning to release, but didn't because the status of the site was pending.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahaaaa, thanks much.
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Okay, I have a plot, don't know if it's taken, but here it is.
my house plot 2.jpg
my house plot 2.jpg (168.3 KiB) Viewed 13335 times
Sorry about the watermark, yes I am too cheap to buy the registered version. :P