Trespasser - Shell Level Generator (Ver0.08) newest version on last page

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser - Shell Level Generator (Ver0.05b)

Post by tatu »

I don't think TresEd's issue is the scale of the terrain, but the detail. It has issues rendering IJ, and that is only 2048x2048. It has issues with Isla Sorna as it basically so detailed.

High-detailed terrains however can work fine in-game if you increase the memory settings in CE. However, they can also use all your CPU :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: Trespasser - Shell Level Generator (Ver0.08) newest version on last page

Post by Rebel »

New Version.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fwd8ndrz ... 8.zip/file

A Note: Best to place this program onto your desktop. Windows has an annoying habit of
restricting the editing of files in certain locations (ie., inside, or deep inside c drive). I've
run across this problem in Windows10 at times -

Trespasser - Shell Generator produces all game files needed to begin building a level and
provides all necessary models. Please follow the steps below. ..

Simple Steps:

1) Enter Desired Level Name:

2) Choose Swap Size (valid numbers 6 - 20) If no number is entered, or the number entered
is higher or lower than acceptable range, the pid file with be set to 6mbs by default.

3) Choose Desired Terrain (note if none selected, a default terrain of 256x256 is exported)

4) Depress 'Create Button' (level files are created in the directory in which this program re-
sides.

5) Open GeomAdd. Select your newly created level 'scn file' (found inside this program's
directory).

6) Using GeomAdd, choose Import Directory, Check Option (convert texture names to form)
and choose first .tpm file inside of the Import_Models folder. Import coordinates should be
set at 0, 0, 0 (verify this before import).

7) Once GeomAdd is done packing textures and adding models, click 'OK'. That's it, you're
done.

Version 0.08 Changes and/or Additional Info:

Removed previously necessary step (moving newly created trnplacement.values txt file into
import_models folder (program now overwrites existing file with correct values)

Increased choices for exported terrain (added most retail level terrains as options) If user
fails to choose a terrain, a generic 256 is assigned by default.

Increased choices for exported terrain (added most retail level terrains as options)

Created new folder, 'PlayerData'. This folder holds all of Anne's model data including coor-
dinates that are matched for each terrain choice. For retail terrain selections, Anne's model
data will be overwritten (inside of the Import_Models folder) so that her position and orienta-
tion matches her position to the corresponding terrain selected. Simply put, it'll be as if you
have loaded up a retail version of the level, but all models, trees, etc are missing. NO DATA
FILE should be moved or edited inside of this folder (this program relies on this information
for Anne's model import, including generic (flattened) terrain choices).

Open File/Edit Pid: I have reinitialized the code associated with these controls, but be warn-
ed that no pid file's size should be altered if it is already assigned to a functioning level. Use
only to change the existing value associated with an unpacked pid/swp pack exported.

Removed 'compiled help files' from program's folder content. They are not needed, nor do I
see any true need for them. The above instructions and changes noted should be all the gui-
dance required.

For Option 'export pid/swp file pack only', this option is used if one is 'repacking' an existing
level. Sometimes this is done to get rid of textures within a swap file that are no longer as-
signed to any model, or if you've run out of texture space and need to increase the available
swap space available to you. It is advised to hold copies of all textures you have added into
your level and place them into a separate folder (just in case you need to do the above).

Imported ground texture can be found at these coordinates: -383.436, -352.432, 0 (as you'll
only be standing on textured ground using terrain; default, 256, 512 and TestScene).
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That update looks really useful, will save a fair bit of time trying to get the terrain set up. Nice work, Reb. :)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I downloaded this new one and it seems to be a lot easier to start a new level. Thanks Reb
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just a Anne related update to the Generator (import a grf in lieu of a tpm Anne). If the issue with Anne's hand physics isn't a concern of yours, just
use the original 0.08 version.

Readme included. The most important step, is that you import Anne's grf model last. That eliminates any texture issues -
Attachments
SGen_Ver0.08b.zip
Anne GRF import Shel Generator
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Interesting, thanks for the update!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hey Rebel, neat update. I see you made a 2nd import mesh to import all Anne's textures. You can actually just put all those textures in the same folder as the GRF Anne and they should import fine, like a regular TPM model. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:38 am Hey Rebel, neat update. I see you made a 2nd import mesh to import all Anne's textures. You can actually just put all those textures in the same folder as the GRF Anne and they should import fine, like a regular TPM model. :)
I had it like that, tatu, but a few times GeomAdd's verbose stated that it couldn't find the textures and set Anne's textures to (no material).
tatu

Post by tatu »

Rebel wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:25 pm
tatu wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:38 am Hey Rebel, neat update. I see you made a 2nd import mesh to import all Anne's textures. You can actually just put all those textures in the same folder as the GRF Anne and they should import fine, like a regular TPM model. :)
I had it like that, tatu, but a few times GeomAdd's verbose stated that it couldn't find the textures and set Anne's textures to (no material).
I see. I guess I haven't used it enough than replacing it in Isla Sorna to notice, and the level files already have the textures. :)