Nitpicking

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I just found an ancient map of the Las Cinco Muertes archipielago, hanging on the wall in one of the rooms of the second floor of the abandoned mansion in the Jungle Road level. Did anyone notice that one before?
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I think I saw the map, but didn't know what it was of. The one that puzzles me is the big thing on the wall of the mansion, right at the top of the stairs. :?
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

The one of the stars is there to help you with the keycard puzzle. The rocks in Hammond's backyard are arranged in the same order as the stars, and underneath the rock that represents the brightest star (or something like that) is the key.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I never knew that. OK embarrasment time. I just found out tonight that you had to punch in a number to open the gate that leads to the port! The number as all the rest of you know is written on the back of the sign. I think the first time I played to that point, I didn't see it and didn't know what the correct number to punch in was, so I just strolled right through the gate. So everytime I have played since then, I just walked right through that gate! Well tonight I got to thinking about it when I was there, how surely they wouldn't have given you a gate and a keypad unless there was a number somewhere, so I started doing a little more investigation and found the number on the back of the sign. :oops:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:The one of the stars is there to help you with the keycard puzzle. The rocks in Hammond's backyard are arranged in the same order as the stars, and underneath the rock that represents the brightest star (or something like that) is the key.
Hmmm... the Big Dipper constellation. But I think the star that is marked doesn't belong to it... I'll take another look.

OK, I just realized you actually see the rocks from the window near the star chart. I think I noticed once that the rocks arrangement resembled the Big Dipper, but then forgot where I had seen them.
And as I mentioned, that star isn't part of it. It's position rather matches Lambda Draconis... I wonder, why arrange the rocks in that pattern, and why choose that one particular rock? Anyway, who'd hide a security card behind a rock *outside*?

As for the diskette... is it really of any use? The computer plays the diary even without it.
Last edited by machf on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Dapper Dan wrote:I never knew that. OK embarrasment time. I just found out tonight that you had to punch in a number to open the gate that leads to the port! The number as all the rest of you know is written on the back of the sign. I think the first time I played to that point, I didn't see it and didn't know what the correct number to punch in was, so I just strolled right through the gate. So everytime I have played since then, I just walked right through that gate! Well tonight I got to thinking about it when I was there, how surely they wouldn't have given you a gate and a keypad unless there was a number somewhere, so I started doing a little more investigation and found the number on the back of the sign. :oops:
I suppose that's the Lab level? Where you find a bus alongside some gas pumps in front of the gate? The first time I played it I just typed the code as I read it and it opened the gate. It seems that only if you climb into the bus you have to type it backwards...
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Dapper Dan wrote:I never knew that. OK embarrasment time. I just found out tonight that you had to punch in a number to open the gate that leads to the port! The number as all the rest of you know is written on the back of the sign. I think the first time I played to that point, I didn't see it and didn't know what the correct number to punch in was, so I just strolled right through the gate. So everytime I have played since then, I just walked right through that gate! Well tonight I got to thinking about it when I was there, how surely they wouldn't have given you a gate and a keypad unless there was a number somewhere, so I started doing a little more investigation and found the number on the back of the sign. :oops:
Same here lol.. Now I always walk right through though, because it takes less time.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

What do you mean walk through it? Do you mean just squeezing through the gaps at the side, or is there a simpiler way that I have just missed?
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Christopher wrote:What do you mean walk through it? Do you mean just squeezing through the gaps at the side, or is there a simpiler way that I have just missed?
there is a 2 inch gap between the doors... the first gate in the lab level.. try it yourself ;)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

It's so easy to get through that way, that I thought that is the way you were supposed to do it! :)
MikeTheRaptor
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Wow.. me?? I never knew you could fit through there! Thought the only way was to use the code.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

When you're like me, and don't have enough since to play pc games the way they are supposed to be played, you find out all kinds of things you're not supposed to know! :?

I can get into Hammond's office and get through the gate that leads to the dam without keycards too! :P
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Dapper Dan wrote:It's so easy to get through that way, that I thought that is the way you were supposed to do it! :)
lol me too!!
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

machf wrote:I just found an ancient map of the Las Cinco Muertes archipielago, hanging on the wall in one of the rooms of the second floor of the abandoned mansion in the Jungle Road level. Did anyone notice that one before?
Yeah, I used that map in my Jungle level.

-Tomi
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Speaking of levels, I just rode off in the helicopter last night, playing my first entire game under Linux. I will now attempt to get the newly created fan levels to run. Would anyone recommend a particular order to run them in? Which one should I begin with? Troodon's?