Official JPDS2 Thread

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Official JPDS2 Thread

Post by Draconisaurus »

So like... I've decided to start a thread specifically for discussion of anything in JPDS2 (or 3, if it comes up), since that is the next level to be made but is in no way being worked on until completion of JPDS1. So, this thread can serve as a sort of idea outlet for anything concerning stuff to be done or put in JPDS2.

Some time ago.. I believe Slugger and I were discussing something random about Tres physics, and he suggested that a working bowling alley could be created within the engine. I liked the idea so much that I went ahead and said "You know, this means that now I'm going to put a bowling alley in the JPDS2 town" (he replied with something like "haha, nice" :P). So.. I consider it official. The layout planned for the worker village was big enough that not all areas were accounted for in terms of what was going to be put in the town, so this is another thing to be put in. I'll go ahead and draw up a quick list now:
  • Ops Center, Geo Plant, Church, & all buildings from TLW concept art of mainstreet
  • Fire department (didn't you ever wonder what all those fire hydrants were for?)
  • Hammond's new mansion, Southern Colonial style
  • Worker Dormatories (where our personal apartments will be)
  • InGen Garage (where lots o' vehicles are kept, possibly including the firetruck?)
  • Destructible Observation Outposts
Anyways.. on with any JPDS2 discussion anyone has. Other topics in JPDS2 include the entire HSP (Hazardous Species Paddock), first Spinosaurus encounter, RF experiment dinos, FOCC (Fence Operations Control Center), and the Aviary.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Official JPDS2 Thread

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just thought of something else - you remember all those dumpsters around? We're going to need an InGen dumptruck in the town. :yum: That will be interesting!
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Dude, a bowling alley would be awesome! X3 I can imagine spending hours in there playing with it... seriously.
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, nice. :yum: I'll let you all know that machf got wind of my bowling alley idea and let me know that he was already planning for it and some other physics games in Tres. He's got some bowling models ready to be used.. I told him we don't need them yet since it's not until JPDS2, though. That will be fun when we get to it, for sure!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

K new JPDS2 idea... as you can see if you look in the Concept Art thread, I've planned since the beginning to have "Herbivore Observation Outposts", basically dino watch towers, in various places of the HSP. Originally, the Sorna Fence Complex was half-occupied by herbivores, and that half had these outposts every here and there in the same manner as ranger watch-towers in forests. In our discussion of my latest JPDS~testing video, someone suggested destructible outhouses, a la JP1... this gave me the idea to make the outposts destructible by large dinosaurs. 8) I think it may just be awesome!! They are totally even more suitable for the event, lol, too bad there's nothing like this in JPDS1 as far as I can think. So anyway.. I'm posting it here so we won't forget. :P
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

It would be great if it would be some kind of tavern in the worker village:) Where the worker that just stayed for a short time lived:) And a small food shop were the workers buyed food:) or milk x) Just a small one:)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well for your outpost idea...I would say have maybe one or two of them destructable due to being ravaged by weather or something...at least have some excuse because realistically anything that was supposed to be in contact with the dinos would have been built sturdy I would think to avoid being destroyed by a dinosaur.

Are you planning a sewer system for the worker village? I would imagine they had plumbing...

Also I still have my aviary level, if you wanted to use that for some testing and possibly release it as a demo prior to the release of jpds2
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:Well for your outpost idea...I would say have maybe one or two of them destructable due to being ravaged by weather or something...at least have some excuse because realistically anything that was supposed to be in contact with the dinos would have been built sturdy I would think to avoid being destroyed by a dinosaur.
Honestly.. I don't think these things were meant to be dino-proof. You don't remember them?
TBH, if a giant herbivore hits the side of any structure with sufficient force, you should pretty much kiss it goodbye. They probably had other things to ward them off, such as noise-makers when needed (these towers was not in the vicinity of any carnivores when originally used, btw). I can imagine a Rex could easily knock one down, and perhaps an Alberta-sized dino after a few hits...
Are you planning a sewer system for the worker village? I would imagine they had plumbing...
You're aware that JPDS1 has one? (MACHF don't read this :P ) It's exceedingly extensive, it's mentioned in at least the to-do list, if no other topics.. it goes through most of JPDS1 and is accessible from certain hard-to-get-into spots. Mike put some special design work into it which I'll eventually be completing.. I haven't worked any further on it because it's one of those things that can be worked on near the end while totally different things are going on.
Also I still have my aviary level, if you wanted to use that for some testing and possibly release it as a demo prior to the release of jpds2
Yep well, I think you should definitely release that at some point.. before JPDS2 is fine as long as it doesn't have any actual models that JPDS2 will be using. :yum: We'll see. As for me using it for tests, I suppose that's possible, depends on a few things. We'll get to that when it comes along, thanks for the offer. 8)

lol tatu, as for your ideas, I don't think you're aware of what our worker village looks like. It's not anything like the Trespasser town; all the buildings are jammed in next to each other with narrow streets. There's no longer a plan to have any large dinosaurs in that area of the game; we may still have some parts of buildings that break-away but I won't be having any destructible buildings like the types I've been working on. :)