NedryLand

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

NedryLand

Post by Draconisaurus »

K so... I think it's been too long since the last new level was released (happens to be RJ from me..), so I'm releasing a level that's been sitting around on my comp for a bit, with a few upgrades and special stuff.
When machf helped bring Dennis Nedry to life in Trespasser for East Dock, he used the Khaled level template to create NedryLand, the testing zone for making Dennis work and use all the hand-hold magnets correctly. I went ahead and used this level to test certain new models before they were put into East Dock, including the gas jeep and Nublar fencing. I have not messed with the Jeep, and I should note that some modifications were made to the subobjects and invisible instances after it was all imported into ED, so just take note if you want to take the jeep out of this level for use elsewhere.. (changes were things like scales, fine-tuned positions, sound materials, and even the removal of an object (many more were originally used for the jeep that made up the seats' physics)).
The fence has undergone an upgrade that everyone should be happy with. ;) I've modified both of the perimeter wire models to use the optimum number of faces, a major crit of East Dock after its release. Even just in this test level, framerate has increased considerably when viewing the fence. 8) Thanks of course goes to machf for suggesting the fix (the actual fixing was done from scratch in Max this evening). This level is probably the best way to export and use the Nublar fence objects (note that the gate was turned 180 after being imported to ED, due to the way it had to point and the end of the gate we had to be looking at; the gate it's based on opened into the dilophosaur paddock, rather than exiting a paddock, thus the inconsistency). Of course to anyone who wants to use it, note that the PerimWire models should be removed unless the fence is on the perimeter of your enclosure.

Note that the Dennis model in this level is the prototype that uses the original health meter, so I wouldn't recommend exporting him out of here...

At any rate, here is the level, such as it is. Hopefully we'll have more new ones soon. Enjoy!

-> http://www.box.net/shared/kygely1s0o
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: NedryLand

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

Cool, gonna check it out ASAP, as soon as I'm done writing Accounting, my last subject... :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: Note that the Dennis model in this level is the prototype that uses the original health meter, so I wouldn't recommend exporting him out of here...
I wouldn't recommend exporting it at all... remember what happened when you first sent me the mesh inside a level and I exported it? Better make the .tpm file available if they want to use him in further levels...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

haha, nice little level. :yum: Dude, for some reason it's just inspired me! :P
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually machf, I was going to do that, but as a test I exported him and imorted him to another level and had none of those problems. It seems to be a max import issue.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:I have not messed with the Jeep, and I should note that some modifications were made to the subobjects and invisible instances after it was all imported into ED, so just take note if you want to take the jeep out of this level for use elsewhere.. (changes were things like scales, fine-tuned positions, sound materials, and even the removal of an object (many more were originally used for the jeep that made up the seats' physics)).
So... Do you recommend exporting the jeep from of this level or from of ED?

What's with the toxic rifle? It looks different...

EDIT:
Draconisaurus wrote:K so... I think it's been too long since the last new level was released
That may be because Week of Trespasser is in a month...
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Nick3069 wrote:That may be because Week of Trespasser is in a month...
What?! A month! *faints*
ImageImage
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

TheGuy wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:That may be because Week of Trespasser is in a month...
What?! A month! *faints*
seconded... I see no way DP will be ready by then... the toxin rifle looks normal to me...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Errr, I see no reason to believe that WoT is in a month, nor why distressed reactions are called for if the announcement was not official. :yum: It's not until October 1st. There's still over 3 months before then.

As for the jeep, I recommend deciding for yourself by testing it out in NedryLand. Modify the darn thing however you want. :P I'm mobile atm but I think the sound material mod was for the top canvas. Other mods should be tailored to the level(s) you put it in. I suppose I could release the other numbers for the jeep... let me know if you're interested.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:I'm mobile atm...
Haha, awesome dude! Are you using your "personal communicator" then? :yum: At work? :P
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:I'm mobile atm...
Haha, awesome dude! Are you using your "personal communicator" then? :yum: At work? :P
Yeah I was :yum: the earlier post was from work, the later from the downtown bus interchange.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Shadow Wolf wrote:the toxin rifle looks normal to me...
You didn't notice that there is a hook-like thing at the end of the stock?
Draconisaurus wrote:Errr, I see no reason to believe that WoT is in a month.
sorry, two months. Last WoT started August 20.
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... f=6&t=5579
by Slugger on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:23 pm

Draconisaurus wrote:As for the jeep, I recommend deciding for yourself by testing it out in NedryLand. Modify the darn thing however you want. :P
OK, not the answer I was looking for, but good enough. I find it easier to export things on flat surfaces instead of in an angle anyways.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Nick3069 wrote:
whoops... sorry I'm used to the new one... you must be used to the retail one...?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
Haha, yeah forgot to mention, that is the TestScene toxin rifle. I was also originally surprised by it, which surprised me especially because I'm more or less familiar with every corner of the retail levels...
This one was modified for the retail level for obvious reasons. The thing sticking out of the stock seems designed for arm bracing, and it doesn't fit the way the player holds it at all.. I am considering trying to modify the way she holds it some time, we'll see if that part fits in with it any better.
Draconisaurus wrote:Errr, I see no reason to believe that WoT is in a month.
sorry, two months. Last WoT started August 20.
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... f=6&t=5579
Yeah, but October is 3 months away. :yum: July, August, and September come before then.
Draconisaurus wrote:As for the jeep, I recommend deciding for yourself by testing it out in NedryLand. Modify the darn thing however you want. :P
OK, not the answer I was looking for, but good enough. I find it easier to export things on flat surfaces instead of in an angle anyways.
Lol, same. It's also nicer to have all the jointed objects (doors, lights) start out in their default positions. Again I think the biggest changes were that I scaled down a number of phyiscs objects so the player could fit inside better, so go ahead and do that if and where you think it could help...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:that is the TestScene toxin rifle.
TestScene? But my TestScene rifle looks like the one from all the other levels...
Draconisaurus wrote:Yeah, but October is 3 months away. :yum: July, August, and September come before then.
Whoa! I'm confused. Didn't you read what I wrote? That tread is dated 20th of August, not October...