East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

East Dock Official Walkthrough (Here be spoilers, yar)

Post by hppav »

Ok, so you've just made it through one of the longest downloads of the year (Trespasser-wise) but you can't figure out what you're supposed to do? Well this guide should help you!

The premise is simple, you're Nedry and you must get to the East Dock with the embryos before the boat leaves. Only one problem, your Jeep is stuck and you're being stalked by a dilophosaurus.

Ok, in order to get through the tunnel to the shore of Nublar alive you must kill that dilophosaurus. It's friendly now but it won't be later.

Head to the Jeep. You might be able to get up the way Nedry came down if you're good at jumping in Tres, otherwise you may need to go in the direction opposite of the tunnel until you find the road that leads up to where the Jeep is.

Now, get in the Jeep and grab the Barbasol can and gun there.

But the dilo just got mad at you for that so hurry up and kill it before it kills you.

Now that you've killed the dilo, head through the tunnel to get to the dock. Once you exit, keep an eye out to the left for a Velociraptor.

I know what you're thinking "But Sam, the raptors aren't supposed to be out yet!" well if you read the book, Raptors have been out for a long time, coming out at night and eating rats. Well, it's night and you're the rat :P.

Kill the raptor. If you run out of ammo, there's a shotgun in the supply box next to the gate.

Once the raptor is dead, use your gun (or an unextended arm) to nudge the manual override for the gate to the right until you hear a click. DO NOT GRAB IT, grabbing it doesn't work. Yell at Draco not me :P. Oh, and yes, that gate is designed like the one Nedry opens after Hammond says "Why would he shut the other ones off?" and the fence is the Perimeter fence from later on in the movie (Though you can take off the mesh that forms the \_/ pattern and use it as a T-Rex fence if you'd prefer).

Now you're through the gate and find a slight problem... There are three different ways you can go and the sign that would point the way is suspiciously the only one that is broken. Go figure.

But it's a simple puzzle because you just head straight. Of course the road ahead is full of raptors so I hope you have ammo left. If not, run and don't stop until you reach the boat.

So you've gotten to the dock, where's the boat? Straight ahead so keep to the right and go around the buildings. You'll see a shuttle van and the boat SS Anne B at the dock ahead. If you don't see the boat, it left already and now you have to survive at the dock.

If it is there, climb up the ladder and meet the BioSyn agent. He will ask about the embryos. When he does you have 3 seconds to whip out that Barbasol can or he'll shoot you.

If not there isn't a whole lot you can do, but if you want to hold out, there is a small gun like the one from the jeep on top of the small white concrete building next to the water tower and there is a shotgun in the small gated area but the gate is locked so you have to stack crates to get it.

We hope you've enjoyed our level :)

EDIT: Update, Draco made a decision without me... again... so don't go into the small fenced area to get that shotgun or you can't go out again. Yes, machf, he did that intentionally.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
UtahRaptor
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by UtahRaptor »

Sorry im probably just a moron and am clueless :? but i cant get it to work i did everything it said in the readme and cant get it to work :cry: and its been the same for all the levles iv downloaded and let me tell you this would be the best christmas gift on the net iv ever gotten this would make my year lol :lol: .
What i did was extracted the "EastDockRealise" RAR file and there was a "menu" folder and a "readme" file. i read the readme and than went into the menu folder and moved all the files from the menu file and put it into my trespasser folder 8) .
Now the problem is, i am 99% shrue that all the files are in the right spot but the levle wont load. When i do the cheat to load any levle i dont see any east dock related levle any where. I think it might be missing a file that regesters it and makes it playable.
Could you please tell me step by step with extream detail how to make this lv work starting with extracting the "eastdockrealise"file.
If you manage to solve my problem that would rock and make my year :mrgreen: .And even if you don't that you for trying :) and :mrgreen: MERRY CHRISTMAS :mrgreen: .
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Did you install the full patch? If so, just copy the .scn file from the EastDock level into the "Patch" folder, then you'll be able to load it without problems.

There's a more detailed discussion regarding how to optimize the full patch installation (overwriting files which won't be used anymore, etc.), I'll post a link later...

Mery Christmas! (going to be in about 15 minutes)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
UtahRaptor
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by UtahRaptor »

Ok what you told me started to help. by adding it to the list of levles acsessable by the load any levle cheat. but once i loaded it it just came up with an eror message. (1) So what i tried from there is add the .grf and .wtd files and now the eror message dose not show but it still dosent load. (2) So i added the new ATXconfuig file and the ATXconfuig.orig file and nothing changed. (3) So i added the MAP file and the two files in the menu folder to there respective locations and tried and i got even farther now no eror sign comes up and a backroung of rain and a sign shows up accompienied by 2 loading bars the first one loades without issue but the seceond dose not even start and then it just closes.Could you please pick up from the step preveus to the one i screw up at and pick up from it TNAK YOU :mrgreen:

P.S. I do not have a "data" folder in the trespasser directory only a menu so im lost as to what to do with the .swp and .pid files.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

First, in order to play third-party levels, you need to have performed a "HDD install" - copy *all* the files in the installation disk to a folder in your hard disk, something like C:\TresCD or whatever you want to name it, and then take the CD out of the drive and install the game from the folder you copied the files to. Have you done that?

Then, in order to play the 3rd-party levels, you must place the .scn, .grf, .wtd, .swp and .pid files in the data folder inside the C:\TresCD (or whatever you named it) folder - it's NOT inside the Trespasser folder created after the installation. And as I said, for the patch, you can simply copy the .scn to the Patch folder inside the Trespasser folder...

A similar question was posted some days ago:

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... 4658#64658

Be sure to check the links in my answer there...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

Hello I just got this level and i have a big problem, each time i turn around in the jeep it says a fatal error has acourd :o please help :(
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

another Drac? this could be confusing
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draco master wrote:Hello I just got this level and i have a big problem, each time i turn around in the jeep it says a fatal error has acourd :o please help :(
Make sure you have ATX installed, all the files in their respected folders, and draw distance to the very minimum. Anything higher would likely result in several crashes due to Draconisaurus's insane amount of vegetation in the level.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Shadow Wolf wrote:another Drac? this could be confusing
We also got a Slash last week, so we'll have to call Slash Master by his full username...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh yeah, I'm not liking the latest trend of zombie clones of doom entering the forums.. hmm.. :yum:

I'm Draco Astreus, known here as Draconisaurus but more often just as Drac. There is also Slash_Master, known more often as Slash, and a new Slash has also just joined.. Since Slash_Master and I are good friends.. this is particularly confusing and disgruntling, and seems a bit more than coincidental. :cartman:

Anyway. Something I haven't reminded people of yet - when in Trespasser equipped with ATX2 (not sure when the feature was introduced), you may hit the [ and ] keys to increase and decrease the quality settings. This will actually get rid of certain plant objects, but also force textures into lower res and ultimately make the terrain look horrible. But if you need it for playability, go ahead. :P Anyway your crash is not a direct result of vegetation, or turning your head - what happens is that the Dilophosaurus is teleported a few seconds after you enter the jeep, and the introduction of this model and its textures into the scene is sometimes a little much. It should work if you play enough times, and keep draw distance down as hppav said. It used to happen for me as well - solved by deleting a good amount of local ground foliage. Anyway hopefully sometime in January, we can release an optimized version of the level files.. (machf, could you PM me a link to that file you wanted me to import? I'm not sure exactly what page of the ED thread it's on..)
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

hppav wrote:
Make sure you have ATX installed, all the files in their respected folders, and draw distance to the very minimum. Anything higher would likely result in several crashes due to Draconisaurus's insane amount of vegetation in the level.
Ok I have looked deeper into my problem :idea: , I never thougth to reduce the draw distance, yes atx is insalled, the problem most likley is that iput it in the demo :lol: because thats the only folder with "data" in it, but my real big problem is the Dilopisarusfrill AND frillspitter :?: :!: :?: . Even in the editor it crashes every time it activates.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

machf wrote:
Shadow Wolf wrote:another Drac? this could be confusing
We also got a Slash last week, so we'll have to call Slash Master by his full username...
there was also a new "Shadow" someone or the other but he hasn't posted and there's no sign of any of the other "Shadows" so I'm ok for now
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

while i am at it i dont get the whole dino egg to a dino to another dino, i dont get it
:?:
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draco master wrote:while i am at it i dont get the whole dino egg to a dino to another dino, i dont get it
:?:
it's just a ranking system, it increases with posts made
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

oooooohhhhhhh do the ranks do anything or do theey just look cool?