EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

The first completed Nublar mod, by Draco and hppav!

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: EastDock ~ Released, pg. 3

Post by RickRex »

This is one of the Most Interesting levels I have ever seen.
So nice to be Dennis Nedry. Just as soon I get my new laptop, I´ll download it.
Nice work, Draconisaurus!
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
Chris Roupé
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Chris Roupé »

nice man, you must have spend much time on this one :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

RickRex wrote:This is one of the Most Interesting levels I have ever seen.
So nice to be Dennis Nedry. Just as soon I get my new laptop, I´ll download it.
Nice work, Draconisaurus!
Thanks! :D Let me know if you have any trouble running or installing. Also, the instructions for a retail install are not entirely accurate for the currently released version - the data folder goes into the CD directory and all others go in the installation directory.
Chris Roupé wrote:nice man, you must have spend much time on this one :D
You don't wanna know....
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

Sure thing, Draconisaurus.
But first I have to wait for my new laptop.
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re:

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:I made a few modifications to the level, if anybody wants to try them it's only 3.5MB...

http://rapidshare.com/files/75749409/EDmod.zip

I won't describe them, try to find out what they are...
Hahahahaha, machf you little bugger. :yum: You made all the cameras AlwaysFace! :lol:
A little note.. for some reason all the instance clones of the fence you fixed are rotated incorrectly. As far as I know, they were not like this before.. Basically they are straight up-and-down (except for the -00 instance) instead of at an angle.. odd. This could be an oversight on my part from before and if it is, I appologize.. (you skipped fixing the FencePerimWire01-00 model, btw ;))

*checks* Okay I've just analyzed it a bit more, it was actually that the original model exists at the appropriate angle when at a 0 rotation on that axis, meaning that your model fix didn't take the starting rotation into account. So I'm afraid for now, I won't be using it...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Re:

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: Hahahahaha, machf you little bugger. :yum: You made all the cameras AlwaysFace! :lol:
Took you long to realize it...
A little note.. for some reason all the instance clones of the fence you fixed are rotated incorrectly. As far as I know, they were not like this before.. Basically they are straight up-and-down (except for the -00 instance) instead of at an angle.. odd. This could be an oversight on my part from before and if it is, I appologize.. (you skipped fixing the FencePerimWire01-00 model, btw ;))

*checks* Okay I've just analyzed it a bit more, it was actually that the original model exists at the appropriate angle when at a 0 rotation on that axis, meaning that your model fix didn't take the starting rotation into account. So I'm afraid for now, I won't be using it...
That's easy to fix, actually. It's just a matter of re-exporting the mesh from MAX after having aligned the axes with the original's...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just a little fun thing for everyone.. which might have made a good file to release with NedryLand.. here is the voiceover listing I used for EastDock. It does not include the player sound effects or other sounds used in the level.
==Nedry Voiceovers==
VN01: *laughs* I am totally unappreciated in my time.
VN02: You know anybody you can network eight connection machines and debug two million lines of code for what I bid for this job? Cause if you can, I'd love to see 'em try. (Hammond: I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am, but they are your problems.) Nedry: Oh, your right, John. You're absolutely right, you know. Everything's my problem.
VN03: Shouldda been there by now. That ain't good.
VN04: There's the road.
VN05: You got time, you got time. You can do it. You can do it! Com'on, Dennis!
VN06: Hello...
VN07: *laughs* Yeah... yeah, that's nice...
VN08: Hi, nice boy.. *panic* Nice boy! Nice dinosaur.. ohhh... *Dilo chirps*
VN09: See the stick? See the stick? Yeah! Yeah, look, look look, stick! Look stick! Stick, stupid!
VN10: Fetch the stick, boy! Go get the sti--- yes! ...You don't like the stick? *Dilo chirps* You don't like that? Ahh, no wonder you're extinct. *chirps again* I'm gonna run you over when I come back down.
VN11: My glasses!
VN12: I can afford more glasses. *ufff*
VN13: Uhhh.... uhh, you know, I was gonna debu-- so I did.. uhh, you know, you told me, so - it's nothing to worry about, it's just a simple thing.

==Hammond X Voiceovers==
VHX01: Dennis... Our lives are in your hands, and you have butterfingers?!
VHX02: I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am, but they are your problems... are your problems... are your problems... are your problems...
VHX03: I will not get drawn into another financial debate with you, Dennis, I really will not. (Nedry: 'Been hardly any debate at all...)
VHX04: I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them. (Nedry: Thanks, dad.)
VHX05: *hits cane on floor* DAMN! (Nedry: *laughs*)

==Dodgosn Voiceovers==
VDOD1: Seven fifty; on delivery, fifty thousand more for each viable embryo. That's one point five million if you get all fifteen species off the island. (Nedry: *laughs* Oh, I'll get 'em all.)
VDOD2: Remember, viable embryos. They're no use to us if they don't survive.
VDOD3: How are you planning to beat security? (Nedry: Oh, I've got an eightteen-minute window. Eightteen minutes, and your company catches up on ten years of research.)

==Other==
NEDRYSLIP

==Seinfeld==
SF1: Hello, Jerry.
SF2: Hello, Newman. *audience laughs*

==Phone Clips==
VN02: You know anybody you can network eight connection machines and debug two million lines of code for what I bid for this job? Cause if you can, I'd love to see 'em try. (Hammond: I'm sorry about your financial problems, Dennis, I really am, but they are your problems.) Nedry: Oh, your right, John. You're absolutely right, you know. Everything's my problem.
VHX01: Dennis... Our lives are in your hands, and you have butterfingers?!
VHX03: I will not get drawn into another financial debate with you, Dennis, I really will not. (Nedry: 'Been hardly any debate at all...)
VHX05: *hits cane on floor* DAMN! (Nedry: *laughs*)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

:lol: I didn't know there was Seinfeld quotes. Where do we hear them in EastDock?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hehe, they were a special request from Slugger. I'll give you a hint - it's in the Jeep. ;) But in fact you can hear them in one of my EastDock gameplay videos.. I'm surprised you haven't all watched them. :yum:
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Draconisaurus wrote:Just a little fun thing for everyone.. which might have made a good file to release with NedryLand.. here is the voiceover listing I used for EastDock. It does not include the player sound effects or other sounds used in the level.
==Other==
NEDRYSLIP
That sound in the movie never sounded serious, like a sort of cartooney sound. A bit like that bouncy thing in terminator 3 as well when they are in a chase with the van and crane. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, I don't remember it in T3, but yeah those things are always funny :lol: I couldn't help but stick it in the level somewhere.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Good work draco!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks! Still one of the highest quality levels I've worked on. hppav's models were a main showcase.