Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Sound names from the .tpa files

Post by LtSten »

machf wrote:...LtSten found #436 while the forum was down, too (and I had been SO CLOSE to finding it too!).

Code: Select all

806DC7ED	SPEC-WOODEN DOOR HINGE
As machf has mentioned, I managed to find the "wood creaking" sound recently. My approach was mostly the same as usual - having "spec-phone dial tone" (or similar?) before it suggested to me it was likely to be "spec-" followed by some space-separated words.
The only novel thing this time around was that I used related words to compile my word list - I grabbed those that came up for things such as "wood", "creak", "squeak", "floorboard", etc.
Thankfully "hinge" was in that list, and "door" came from my existing "Trespasser words" list, I think.

On the ".ZDF" extension, I couldn't find any reference online, nor any mention in the Trespasser source. I'm not 100% convinced by it personally, but it's definitely the best guess for now. I did run a search last night for other ones that might be like this and I got an entirely unrelated match (I think it was something like "amb-pv-13.2sf") so it could just be a coincidence that ".zdf" happens to work. Difficult to say for sure, though.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LtSten wrote: On the ".ZDF" extension, I couldn't find any reference online, nor any mention in the Trespasser source. I'm not 100% convinced by it personally, but it's definitely the best guess for now. I did run a search last night for other ones that might be like this and I got an entirely unrelated match (I think it was something like "amb-pv-13.2sf") so it could just be a coincidence that ".zdf" happens to work. Difficult to say for sure, though.
Both this one and "terrain - metal resn" are ones that don't convince me 100% either, but being at least close to whatever is associated with them, I'm willing to keep them for the time being.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
LtSten wrote: On the ".ZDF" extension, I couldn't find any reference online, nor any mention in the Trespasser source. I'm not 100% convinced by it personally, but it's definitely the best guess for now. I did run a search last night for other ones that might be like this and I got an entirely unrelated match (I think it was something like "amb-pv-13.2sf") so it could just be a coincidence that ".zdf" happens to work. Difficult to say for sure, though.
Both this one and "terrain - metal resn" are ones that don't convince me 100% either, but being at least close to whatever is associated with them, I'm willing to keep them for the time being.
Keep them for now I'd say but have a note that they might be correct?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

Using a program to find duplicate files among all exported CAU files from the TPAs.

The program reports that unknown ID 453 (96/99/103), 446 (116) and 214 (Demo) in the Effect TPA is the same as BOULDER SMALL, but that is not mentioned in the ID files. It only notes " (horseshoe+boulder medium)".

I wonder if it could be similar to "BOULDER SMALL 2" in Build 99 that also has a duplicate with the ID "DIRT HIT".
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, we've realized that, but finding out the actual name hasn't been easy...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files