JPDS~testing - Version 3 released for Week of Tres!!

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

Very fun level indeed. The CrazyEagle is mucho fun, especially when used against an Albertosaur. I found it entertaining to hide on the Monorail Station and use the CrazyEagle to pull things towards me and in effect slam into the Albertosaur futilely trying to attack me from below. I found that Jeeps did the job very nicely when hurled at an Albertosaur. One good shot more often than not proves fatal :lol: The destroyed building also serves as good ammunition. The roof pieces turn into Giant Ninja Stars of Death which do some pretty heavy damage. The rocks from the rock slide also work when hurled at high speeds. Basically any large object in sight when perched on the Monorail Station can be used as a projectile when pulled towards you. The one unfortunate setback is when you actually pull the item directly at you. Without invulnerability my little scenario is more dangerous than actually avoiding the Albertosaur on foot :wink: It's also very irritating when a direct hit from the item you're pulling knocks the gun from your hand entirely. The Pikompy reminds me of when I attached an ActStayNear assigned to Anne to a pack of Raptors in one of my own levels. They followed me like my own personal bodyguards. Although as mentioned, getting them to attack other dinosaurs is tricky since in my own experience, you need to remove any hostile scripting to keep them from attacking Anne first. JPDS can't come too soon, I can't wait :mrgreen:
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:Yes, I have tried "walking the plank" (I tought that the sniper was non-stationary but still have the tripod, but instead it's completly stationary.), but then the albertosaurus came, killed the green raptor (which just spawned) and tipped the "plank" over the edge. :lol:
LOL the Alberta tipped the plank? Hahaha never seen that happen XD
Chupacabra wrote:The roof pieces turn into Giant Ninja Stars of Death which do some pretty heavy damage.
XDDD That's awesome haha.. hadn't quite tried that myself. That would look awesome but.. I would caution that all destructible building elements actually give hitpoints to a dino (and presumably Anne) on impact, since they have negative damage values. This is the only reason the Alberta doesn't die when crashing the maze walls.
Lol I should totally make a real ninja star model and put it in a level.....
The Pikompy reminds me of when I attached an ActStayNear assigned to Anne to a pack of Raptors in one of my own levels. They followed me like my own personal bodyguards. Although as mentioned, getting them to attack other dinosaurs is tricky since in my own experience, you need to remove any hostile scripting to keep them from attacking Anne first.
Lol!! Bodyguards, nice idea... heh yeah too bad there is that little stitch. I still think there must be a way to get them to attack other dinos, it just must be rather complicated... or require some specific combination of things that we're missing. That non-human carnivore archetype has to be good for something...

Hehe and yeah, I'll have JPDS1 out as soon as I can. 8) Probably late September. Seeing machf's greenhouse level gives me hope for getting the foliage crisis of JPDS1 out of the way much faster... so there's definately much hope. Oh and well, I will be releasing another major level this week in conjunction with someone else ;) (not Nem heh), so look out for that.

Again, I'm quite glad people are enjoying this! :D I do wonder if anyone has tried the "working" drawer yet... it's quite funny sometimes.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Cool level, I especialy like the dead guy and ray gun :o
ImageImage
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

Draconisaurus wrote:I would caution that all destructible building elements actually give hitpoints to a dino (and presumably Anne) on impact, since they have negative damage values.
Well that does explain a lot, lol, I was wondering why I was launching stone walls at the thing and it was still hobbling around tripping over the other projectiles I'd tossed at it, but then I launch a rock presumably half the weight of a wall and it could knock it out cold. As for negative damage for Anne, I can assure you, a stone wall flying at her that connects indeed does kill her, lol, found that one out when in my haste to replay the level, didn't enter the codes in the beginning.
Draconisaurus wrote:That non-human carnivore archetype has to be good for something...
That's what I figured, but it made no difference when I did it, however, at that point in time every dinosaur in game, even herbivores, seemed to want me dead. Idk what caused this glitch but I'm assuming it was an isolated incident on my machine since no matter what I changed the archetype to, all living things would try to kill me, even Brachiosaurs...it wasn't a pretty sight when that happened...one tried following me up a mountain to get me...maybe you'll have better luck :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Chupacabra wrote:I found that Jeeps did the job very nicely when hurled at an Albertosaur.
Have you tried juggling cars?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

machf wrote: Have you tried juggling cars?
:lol: No I haven't, but I'd like to see a video of you doing it, it sounds funny as hell and I would assume really cool to watch
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol@all dinos attacking....

Hmmm, I wonder how you would juggle cars... maybe with the crazyeagle2...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Sure. With both, actually, and the "woo" cheat. But I couldn't do it as I wanted, since by accident I lost the second gun and couldn't recover it. BTW, water acts as a shield against the effects of both guns (actually, it acts as a shield against ANY gun, so don't waste ammo on dinos that have gone underwater).

So instead, I used the first gun on the dead Alberto and used it to demolish that maze as much of possible. Ragdoll physics? More like "Sledgehammer physics"!

Incidentally, at one time, after hitting so many collapsing walls, the Alberto came back to life... luckily it didn't last too much.

Also used the first gun and the trailer to crush the last remaining Compy alive... oh, and if you use the Jedi Mind Trick to get the weapon lying inside the trailer, you're safe. BTW, it looks weird with all the trailer's supports removed and the trailer still standing in mid-air...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
salvosuper
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by salvosuper »

the yellow compy is soooo cute!!!
Mankind is overrated.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

salvosuper wrote:the yellow compy is soooo cute!!!
:lol: :lol:
machf wrote:So instead, I used the first gun on the dead Alberto and used it to demolish that maze as much of possible. Ragdoll physics? More like "Sledgehammer physics"!
LMFAO!! I want screens :lol:
Incidentally, at one time, after hitting so many collapsing walls, the Alberto came back to life... luckily it didn't last too much.
omg hahahahaa
Also used the first gun and the trailer to crush the last remaining Compy alive... oh, and if you use the Jedi Mind Trick to get the weapon lying inside the trailer, you're safe.
Oh wow... that's awesome haha, I get it. Dude someone needs to make a video of their adventures in this level lol.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
machf wrote:So instead, I used the first gun on the dead Alberto and used it to demolish that maze as much of possible. Ragdoll physics? More like "Sledgehammer physics"!
LMFAO!! I want screens :lol:
I've got something better: a savegame.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:mrgreen: lol well feel free to upload it any time. :P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

http://rapidshare.com/files/50463742/SAVEGAME.632

Good luck getting it to work... remember, savegames made in a Trespasser installation using a different folder are a bit troublesome to load.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

And here's a little video I made while playing with the JPDS test level...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Frak.... my video players are all still displaying movies as super-dark ever since I installed the graphics card drivers on this computer, have yet to fix it.... (youtube works fine though)