Trespasser: Legacy (Part I RELEASED! pg 8)

Nem's mega-level trilogy.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Dr. Grant wrote:That can be a stupid question, but how do I make the level work? Does it require to make a full instalation, or a harddrive installation?
Um, what's the difference? :P You need to install the game to play it, and you need to copy the CD contents onto your HD first to play new levels. :) I think ATX would be a good idea, too, but I don't think TL1 requires it explicitly.
By full instalation I meant one of the three instalation options (minimal, standard and full); by hardrive instalation I meant the one decribed to play TC_Ops. I've tried both and couldn't make it work.
I've never tried ATX, and I don't mean to. Should I?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, you can't just try both, you NEED to copy the CD files onto your computer, THEN install Trespasser from there in order to do it. If you've already installed Tres, just install it again (overwriting the old one) from the copied files on your HD. I don't believe you technically need ATX, since lowest draw distance should be used...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Phew, I managed to finish it at last... too bad it keeps crashing. I had estimated 50 savegames, in the end I used 57 to finish it. Only died once (and that doesn't count - that damn tree didn't have physics objects all the way!), every other time I've needed to reload was because of a crash.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, nice. We should have everyone post when they've managed to finish the level, so we can talk about it and forget about maybe spoiling things.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Hey Nem,

I can't really play this version of Legacy because it keeps crashing
on me. But I just wanted to say that you can be proud of what I'd
like to call your first serious level. I know you can because at first I
worked with you and played several early versions of it, I even re-
member we first used a section of IJ. Too bad it was canned, it was
a nice tie-in to the original retail level. Maybe you'll be able to use
it some other time.

I remember the first level I would occassionally help you out with.
Look at how much you've learned since then! I can't wait for Legacy
Part 2 ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

^_^ Hey you know, it's been long enough, we should all start posting screenshots.. Perhaps I'll make a screenshot thread for this level, later.. or just submit them all to one of those Tres screenshot websites. 8)
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I love the level a lot, but yes I keeps crashing. Another thing is that none of my saves load, and I don't have enough time to finish it in one game play. To tell you the truth, only my first two saves load. Anything after that crashes.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

As I believe was described in the README, making successful savegames in TL1 is difficult, but quite possible. Many locations in TL1 will created unloadable savegames for most computers - you have to pick the right locations to save. For example, down in the foundation area. The starting area works well for savegames because there's only foliage in one direction. Find places like that for saving. It may also help to be looking down or away from trees when you save. Another good area would be inside and around the cave.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

thanks for that info
UtahRaptor
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by UtahRaptor »

How do you work filefront? Every time i try to download something from it it just redirects me to the main page?

Can someone please either re upload it on some outher site, or tell me how to work, filefront or a more direct link please?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If it's redirecting you, it's because the file no longer exists.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
UtahRaptor
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by UtahRaptor »

Well if its not to much truble can you please re upload it on a different site
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, it IS too much trouble. Try TheGuy's mirror, I think he may have uploaded it:

http://www.geocities.com/theguymjp/index.html
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

machf did removing the fog billboards reduce crashes?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

A bit... I also reimported the textures for that raptor, but there are still some crashes. Do you happen to have the original ones, BTW? Because even though I was able to derivate a common 256-color palette for them, I don't know if it's the original... I've been thinking of uploading my modified version of the level somewhere in case anyone wants to try and see if it runs better that way.