Sad news about Charles Hughes, TSOrd

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Thanks binto1985, for posting, and it is very sad indeed. However, I think many of us in some way expected something like this had happened. :?

Like most of you I only knew him by his forum posts and his site.

At least this clears up some things (I think it is save to assume that TSOrd was this Charles).

Like Rebel already stated, I don't see any reason to further investigate, or contact his family, so please refrain from that.

May he rest in peace. :oops:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Perhaps we can do something nice Remdul, create a tribute page to him on TresCom, consider his accomplishments, his contributions and post up some personal messages in remembrance of him. I'm certain you and MadPpiper can come up with something to that affect.

My opinion, of course....
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Rebel wrote:Perhaps we can do something nice Remdul, create a tribute page to him on TresCom, consider his accomplishments, his contributions and post up some personal messages in remembrance of him. I'm certain you and MadPpiper can come up with something to that affect.

yep lets do that :oops:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I'd like to do my part, but I think we all do. I'm more than willing to help... I think it's a great idea.
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

If this true, then this is a very sad day for the community.

I wasn't around when TSOrd was still active, but as it was already noted, his name does come around often, and it is obvious he has done much for Trespasser and it's fans, so i thank him.

:(
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Rebel wrote:Perhaps we can do something nice Remdul, create a tribute page to him on TresCom, consider his accomplishments, his contributions and post up some personal messages in remembrance of him. I'm certain you and MadPpiper can come up with something to that affect.

Had something in mind like that as well. I think we can arrange that.

The least thing we can do is gather all stuff TSOrd has ever shared with us and make sure it will not be lost forever.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The least thing we can do is gather all stuff TSOrd has ever shared with us and make sure it will not be lost forever.
.... the sum of a man's worth is what he leaves behind and the amount of lives' that he had touched. I think we all aspire to be remembered in some way, that's the least we could do --
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

I never knew the man, but he did sure accomplish a lot for trespasser. without him, this community might not even be here.

may he rest in peace.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Well, this puts me in an akward position. His site is what led me to find the rest of the community. It inspired me to do a search for "Geothermal Plant Level" which returned a discussion about the level on the old Diehard forum and from there I clicked on Remdul's sig to go to his site where I gave him my two cents before joining this community. Thank you TSOrd and may you rest in peace.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Truthfully, hppav, within TSOrd were the roots of this community. TresCom started with the remnants of Trespasser Secrets.

I've never even spoken to TSOrd, he had already passed away when I joined... but it is so sad to think for 4 years we wondered. I even wrote about him and the whole time... ahh.

I only wish we'd known sooner so our sympathies weren't painfully late for his family. TresCom is really the only forum I've registered on and stayed at for years and years, and I've devoted a lot of time to it. TSOrd, although I never knew him personally, was sort of like a close friend and someone I think we all looked up to as being responsible for all the great things we have here now.

Like someone already said, we miss TSOrd, always have, and apparently always will. May he rest in peace.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:TresCom started with the remnants of Trespasser Secrets.
Do any of you guys remember TrespasserNet?

I just found out that I've been around Trespasser forums since early 2000, rather than halfway 2001 as I thought. TrespasserNet was last updated August 18th, 2000, and I remember being there for about half a year before that update.

It's really too bad that the TrespasserNet forum is down. A couple of months ago I could still access it, but it's no longer archived now. Though I don't remember any specific posts by TSord, I have been around for some time while he was still with us.

And I remember all too well that he was working on voiceovers for the Pine Valley (back then still referred to as the Geothermal Planet level) level he was reconstructing. We could listen to three different girls and then we could vote for one of them. I guess back then he didn't think of using unused voiceovers...
don vercetti
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by don vercetti »

Awwww :cry:

I don't really have anything to say. Everything I want to say is already said.

I hope he's fine, wherever he is now. :cry:

Rest in peace....

//D
binto1985
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by binto1985 »

hilwo wrote: Do any of you guys remember TrespasserNet?

I just found out that I've been around Trespasser forums since early 2000, rather than halfway 2001 as I thought. TrespasserNet was last updated August 18th, 2000, and I remember being there for about half a year before that update.

It's really too bad that the TrespasserNet forum is down. A couple of months ago I could still access it, but it's no longer archived now. Though I don't remember any specific posts by TSord, I have been around for some time while he was still with us.
I assume that these are the forums that you're referring to http://web.archive.org/web/200305150251 ... ernetforum Thanks to the internet archive, you can still see posts, such as this one http://web.archive.org/web/200305301945 ... =142.topic by TSOrd about his forming of trespasser secrets.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Remdul and I will most likely work on a memory page for him...

At this point, I'd like to see the community to respect his family and their wishes. It must be hard for them as is, so we will not send any letters....
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Yes, it was the first Trespasser forum I joined. I knew the forum itself could still be accessed, but the last time I checked I could no longer access its topics.