Signs in Trespasser

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Signs in Trespasser

Post by machf »

As you may have read, I managed to more or less find out what the sign in these images says:

http://images.pennnet.com/articles/cgw/ ... 37-108.gif
http://diehard.ath.cx/~pinevalley/pinev ... st_[1].jpg
http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~trescom/in ... ed/461.jpg

It seems to be another bilingual one, with the topmost 3 lines in English and the other 5 in Spanish. They seem to be something like

DO NOT (WALK)
OR STOP (ON)
THE (RAILWAY)

PROHIBIDO
ESTACIONAR
SOBRE LA
VIA DEL
FERROCARRIL

Apparently, it's a "railroad crossing" sign, the top left corner has the InGen logo, and the top right one, the "R X R" circle. And you can see the tracks there amidst the foliage. Someone must have had a sense of humor, placing that Hummvee right on the tracks...

I was checking Remdul's Pine Valley site, and I was confused by his comment about this sign being the same as the one in the "lagoon" images. I couldn't even notice a sign in those ones. Last night I finally saw where it was - it's so far away it's just a tiny rectangle that gets lost in the images. But I doubt it's the same one (as there aren't any rails that I can see in those images), it's more likely something like "CAUTION - TAR PIT" or somesuch...

And then there's the sign on the bridge leading to that Geothermal Plant building, which we're more or less certain about. It was something like

CAUTION
FOOT TRAFFIC
BRIDGE ONLY

ADVERTENCIA
PUENTE DE
PEATONES
SOLAMENTE

And let's not forget the "mystery sign" found at the official site:

BE ALERT!
THIS IS A KNOWN
PREDATOR AREA

ESTE ALERTA!
ZONA DE
PREDATORES

(though I'd have written it as

¡ESTÉ ALERTA!
ZONA DE
PREDADORES

instead)

So, Pine Valley seems to have been full of signs everywhere - but I don't recall seeing other such signs in the other levels. What do you think? Have you seen any?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Aside from the predator sign, and the small signs that are on the harbor doors, I can't recall any. A railroad would have been neat to see; turn up tracks, abondended (sp) station, recked cars and engines.
I suddenly have another idea for my next level.... 8)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

Maybe the mystery sighn was for the end of the ascent one or facing the end of the ascent one in the ascent 2. This is because chances are that like defiler said, a road was were the paddocks are now, and a tunnel that the road used could of ran through the mountain (but would of went up ahill you couldn't climb in the game) to the mayan ruin area and beyond.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I think there was a railroad, or they did at least plan one, from the looks of that image.

We discussed this a long time ago, you might want to check out this topic at the old die hard forum http://diehard.ath.cx/~runbots/phpbbmod ... 19&start=0, not entirely sure if it has any useful information though.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Ahh, my observant eyes struck again then too. Man I was different then.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

So was I :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Signs in Trespasser

Post by Draconisaurus »

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Let's breath some new life into this topic.

While going through the magazine scans looking for an unrelated image I fand some pieces of interest. Below I've compiled all the know signs.
Untitled (1).png
Untitled (1).png (746.18 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
"DO NOT PARK OR STOP ON RR TRACKS" one thing to note is that the newer version of sign, the predator one in the bottom left, shares its "InGen" logo design with the key card scanner on the lab door and the astronomy poster in Hammonds mansion. Unfortunately, the warnings on the images on the right are unleadable besides the tar pit its only speculation what the other one could be about.
Last edited by MinePass on Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Neat compilation!
MinePass wrote:"DO NOT PARK OR STOP ON RR TRACKS"
Are we sure it say RR tracks? Could it say "The" tracks?. In any case, an interesting this is that the containers in LAB has "RR" in their name. Railroad containers? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Sign probably says "the tracks", but it's still a railroad logo next to the InGen logo :)
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

I'm a hundred percent sure on the "RR" translation. At the top there we see the size of a three letter word, so if we were to select that profile and compare it to the RR text then it takes up a bigger profile. Those letters are the same size as the other two lettered words such as "or". And if this sign was in a rail yard area with box cars and other cargo transport the inclusion about not parking would make sense I suppose.
Also noticed that the footbridge and railroad crossing are in red while the tar pit and predator sign are in black. The stairway sign I feel is too far to tell. But do see some black and not red, but still could be a result of increasing the size for the compilation.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Great analysis MinePass. These were always too obscure for serious representation, but now I think they are clear enough that custom ones can be made in an accurate way. I still believe the Tres devs, in their earliest days, may have had a large set of these signs for story/location points throughout the island. Then, the Predator one was updated, we're not sure of the others... and then by the time early levels were being built, they were just gone. Why were they removed?
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

The signs we know about were pretty specific for their area. So when those areas got cut the sign lost it's use. Though we don't know what the sign on that stairway chunk said so it could be reused. Same goes for the walkway one, maybe . However it's likely that as development went into overtime they were simply forgotten about, a nice scenery detail that was overshadowed by bigger and more important level work.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

MinePass wrote:I'm a hundred percent sure on the "RR" translation. At the top there we see the size of a three letter word, so if we were to select that profile and compare it to the RR text then it takes up a bigger profile. Those letters are the same size as the other two lettered words such as "or". And if this sign was in a rail yard area with box cars and other cargo transport the inclusion about not parking would make sense I suppose.
Also noticed that the footbridge and railroad crossing are in red while the tar pit and predator sign are in black. The stairway sign I feel is too far to tell. But do see some black and not red, but still could be a result of increasing the size for the compilation.
Makes a lot of sense that it says "RR TRACKS", since the translation below says "VÍA DEL FERROCARRIL", which means... drums, please... "RAILROAD TRACK"
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Nice, one sign down. just noticed that the updated predator warning one looks to have a lot in common with the RR sign. That black border looks to match up with the red one. Just the colors have been heavily altered and additional wear details along with the removal of the screw holes. So far, I think the dev progression is that the original predator sign was first them the RR - details of it can be seen on the walkway one specifically the screw spot, rust down the center, and the red border. And then we get to the updated predator sign, has elements of the previous version but is significantly more weathered.