Remaing models to beta:

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bingo. That's precisely what we needed. :)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I'm almost done with the Parasaur and Dilophosaur:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/para_ingame.jpg
http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom ... ingame.jpg

I found a few bugs and added some features to TPDC along the way.

Btw, those values you mentioned in your one of your previous posts didn't get the dinos real active, they where standing around, looking but not walking.

But I copied some from one of the original levels, one of these (or a combination of these) values seems to be required to really get a dino to walk around.

bool ActWander = true
bool ActFlee = true
bool ActCower = true
bool ActRearBack = true
bool ActGetOut = true
float Bravery = 1.000000
bool MoveAway = true

I'll get onto the ssventure bridge interior now, so I won't hold you up, Rebel. :)
Last edited by Remdul on Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Glad to see your creatures acquired the ability to stalk. :D Look good, man. I really like the fact that your dinos actually have arms! :)

Yup, just a few (models) left, Remdul. Keep 'em coming. :yes:

*btw, did you ever take notice to the value 'clawreach' in a raptor's tscript? Very few have it, but at one point I think the designers planned on having the raptor's arms move. Don't know if it is just another omission on their part, or it's simply something that wasn't rigged to work (due to time constrictions)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Yeah, that's interesting. I've never seen any dino move its arms. But none of the dinos I've checked have vertices assigned to the arm bones, in fact I did the same thing with the new dinos because I assumed the arms wheren't animated. But I think I'll try it, who knows. They might be animated afterall... :cartman:

Done modeling, texturing the pilot house:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/bridge.jpg

So you want me to attach all of the models to the bridge section? If I do so, I'll try not to move the pivot so you can import it, copy and paste the rotation, position, scale and delete the old model.

So you want the only the radio LCD screens seperate?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nice work. Err, no. Don't attach the interior to the exterior, I'll do that by way of scripts. I don't like to replace meshes once inside tc_isle as once in a while something goes wrong and I wind up with bad level files.

I'll use centityattached to make the interior/exterior one. ;)

*Dinos: It's possible that there's 2 joints missing, Remdul. Maybe, they just never added them into the rigging.

LEDs separate, yes.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got it here:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/pilothouse.zip

Includes a few new textures, no new palettes. Two models, the entire interior and one LCD screen. I assume one will be enough (the rest could be broken) but if you'd like to use the other as well let me know.

There's one empty frame for the LCD screen, if you need specific textures showing stuff lemme know. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Got it. I'll let you know, my friend. 8)

Unless OJ Simpson, this time the glove fits. :D Like it.

LED Display: A few simple textures, Rem. Say backlit green with white lettering (numbers (whatever color scheme you think would look best) to signify different frequencies. I think 6 or so would be plenty. Like suggested, nothing fancy....

*Erased some shit here, had to do with texture sizes. NOt important; current radio lcd texture dimensions are good to go.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Took me some time to dig up that LCD font, got the textures here:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom ... isplay.zip

Went for the green led style you suggested. Inludes a blank display, no signal and some frequencies. Even managed to put an tiny little easteregg in there. You spot it. :)

* Btw, I realised I forgot to list the Pachycephalosaurus in my recent todo lists, but that one will go for the final version though.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Got it. 'Bout the only other thing here is the ship's horn. T'was thinking perhaps that you could model one something on the order of the radio alert button in the Summit Level. (We could place it on the wall near entrance along with a fake mike (non-moveable - button/mike one model). That, would be that, as they say.

*I still need to dig up 4 more radio clips (preferably below 100kbs, perhaps one in spanish). If you have anything lying about, don't be shy. ;)

**Pachagahoo? lol. I just love scientific terms for animals. It'd be better if we could watch Pres. Bush attempt to pronounce them. :D

***EasterEgg: Got Milk? Can't eat pi (e) without it. 8)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Sure, I can do that horn, mike, no problem.
Pachagahoo? lol. I just love scientific terms for animals. It'd be better if we could watch Pres. Bush attempt to pronounce them.
Lol! :lol:

We'll just refer to this dino with "Pachy". They say it's almost impossible to learn people dinosaur names when they get older than 10 years. :)

Ha you got it. 8) I prefer Pi.

* Don't have any sound files that I know of. If you found a game, a file or whatever that may contain a sound, you can try extracting it using WavRipper (on my site apps page).

Ps; if you have some clips of which the quality is to 'clean' then you can try re-saving them in Sound Recorder with the lowest compression. That usually works. Alternatively, you can open up an random binary file as Wave, which results in just noise, lower the volume and mix it with your voice sound to get that background noise.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

V.Clips. I think I have several more on my other harddrive. I may switch later, take a peek.

Horn/Mike will finish this up. Will be all done with it.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got that alarm button:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/alarm.jpg

Zip:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/alarm.zip

Couldn't find an appropriate palette so I created a new one.

Not sure this is what you meant, but I think it has all the elements you need. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sure, that fits the bill, Rem. ;)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, I have another little modelling job for you. (oh joy, right?). Deals with the end level. Pic might explain it better than words.

http://www.geocities.com/lastrebel41/exitstuff.zip

*Just to clarify, the back face and new entry would be separate model than the actual cavern model itself. Also, skip the transparent texture for the original face as that would screw up the textures (the model wouldn't look natural, right?)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Could, you please check on that file Rebel. Winzip complains about an extra 1 byte when extracting.
Tried it after removing the last byte of the file (the header seemed ok) but it didn't work either...