Lynx

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Lynx

Post by Dapper Dan »

I'm posting this from the text based browser, "Lynx", (just black screen and text with no pictures or gui).:) It's good to know you can still get around the Internet even when your X windows isn't working! Very handy for downloading files and looking up helpful information. I wonder if there is a Windows/Dos equivalant?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

There are a few different text based browsers still floating on the internet, I think.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

http://directory.google.com/Top/Compute ... ext-Based/
http://directory.google.com/Top/Compute ... ased/Lynx/
Most of them are used in Un*x environment.
Some projects haven't been updated for a long time...
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I am surprised to see that there is a Lynx for Dos! Now if I could just figure out how to configure the text based mail client "Mutt", I could survive in a non-X windows environment if I ever need to. :)
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."