Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

AirShip_1 (Uploaded)

Post by Rebel »

Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yl3fcnhg ... 1.zip/file

This is the initial release. Be aware that there are quirks/occasional bugs at times. It seems to be
tied into a simple wait time before you go from ascend to descend (generally the 2nd time around).

This is a complicated setup with numerous triggers as well as 2 CInstance models associated with
the airship. The undercarriage is actually two separate models (1 CEnityAttached and the other is
a box only model with transparent textures (so you can't actually see it). The latter carries all num-
erous $models that you simply can't attach to the airship (seeing that a max of 10 string models can
only be applied to an individual model). Technically, there are 19 $models and 3 attached models. I
can honestly say, I'm actually amazed that this monstrosity can actually take to flight!

Simply put, many, many models as well as triggers associated with this setup. So Yeah, as I said a-
bove, it's complicated - ALPHA

Pushing the lever towards the back of the seat is ascend; pushing the lever back towards the front
of the ship sends the ship to a descent. In my initial tests, the ship should come to a halt once the
wheels touch the ground.

*I ascended and then descended and then landed twice in a row without any issues in my final test
(addtional tweaking beforehand). I normally don't rush to release, but I'm always concerned about
either my computer dying, losing all the work done, or I just up and die myself. Afterall, I am old!
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: AirShip_1 (Uploaded)

Post by morningstarring »

Gave it a look and test flight. I'm still trying to wrap my head around variable and boolean triggers, and using FireExpression correctly. I need to look at how you connected everything. the 10 model limit made things tricky for me too. I have an my helicopter experiment in the post here https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=11910

it's pretty clunky right now. still experimenting with stuff and this is the best model I could find to work with. I think a Plane might be interesting. the speed affecting anne's arm is an issue. do you know if theres a workaround for that? I tried including "$AnneHand" in her trigger movement but it didn't work or I did something wrong
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

morningstarring wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:07 pm Gave it a look and test flight. I'm still trying to wrap my head around variable and boolean triggers, and using FireExpression correctly. I need to look at how you connected everything. the 10 model limit made things tricky for me too. I have an my helicopter experiment in the post here https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=11910

it's pretty clunky right now. still experimenting with stuff and this is the best model I could find to work with. I think a Plane might be interesting. the speed affecting anne's arm is an issue. do you know if theres a workaround for that? I tried including "$AnneHand" in her trigger movement but it didn't work or I did something wrong
Short on time (late for work), but no, I haven't found a work around for anne's arm issue. There doesn't appear to be one. About all I can suggest is move left or right at half the forward speed. That's pretty
much what I settled on (I call it more a drift for the airship). Btw, you didn't by chance choose your member name from the show 'Lucifer', did you? Off topic, I loved that show -
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Rebel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:52 pm
Short on time (late for work), but no, I haven't found a work around for anne's arm issue. There doesn't appear to be one. About all I can suggest is move left or right at half the forward speed. That's pretty
much what I settled on (I call it more a drift for the airship). Btw, you didn't by chance choose your member name from the show 'Lucifer', did you? Off topic, I loved that show -
I change the "$AnneBody+Anne" to "$AnneFoot+Anne" it made her arm behave normally even at very high speeds. her movement is pretty much restricted to the values of the trigger but there's a very small amount of give where she can move very slowly. So far it also seems to lock her position a little higher relative to the moving object each time a trigger is fired. So both arrangements have some drawbacks I suppose.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Just took a little flight. That was great! I like the simultaneous up-forward motion. And great texture work as always.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:03 pm Just took a little flight. That was great! I like the simultaneous up-forward motion. And great texture work as always.
Thanks, Drac. It was sort of fun working on it. Seeing that you can't use the pedals (as T.I. mentioned somewhere, Anne has no feet) I added a Yoke. You can drift left, then back to center, then to the right
with each contact. It was a little tricky making a single model with 3 distinct positions accommodated by switching textures. I had planned on doing a pictogram type puzzle for the door, but the damn point
triggers wouldn't work up there (I have no idea why, so I just said screw it).
morningstarring wrote:
I change the "$AnneBody+Anne" to "$AnneFoot+Anne" it made her arm behave normally even at very high speeds. her movement is pretty much restricted to the values of the trigger but there's a very small amount of give where she can move very slowly. So far it also seems to lock her position a little higher relative to the moving object each time a trigger is fired. So both arrangements have some drawbacks I suppose.
Using $AnneFoot+Anne might be a better solution for you seeing that you don't need to move around in a helicopter.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh, what do you mean by a "yoke"? I tried poking at the stick, I don't think it was moving side-to-side... my eyes might've been feeling me at one moment when it seemed the airship was rotating. What is the way to have the ship go left/right?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:37 pm Huh, what do you mean by a "yoke"? I tried poking at the stick, I don't think it was moving side-to-side... my eyes might've been feeling me at one moment when it seemed the airship was rotating. What is the way to have the ship go left/right?
I should have been a little more specific, Drac. I haven't uploaded that version of the ship yet! :lol: That's still sitting on my hard drive.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oh Lol, alright.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Here's the latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2c2kc1xq ... A.zip/file

Changes:

In spite of the finger pointing problem, I included this anyways. I think you should have to solve a puzzle
before you get to ride. You'll get a message telling you to climb down and reboard the ship to undo Anne's
finger point. (I still haven't a clue as to why the triggers won't work on the platform). I don't think the puz-
zle is too difficult.

Buttons below the Handle toggle between auto-pilot and hover while the airship is airborne. Hover does
exactly what you'd expect, the airship remains stationary. On auto-pilot, the ship flies straight ahead and
without any increase in height. (I found it easier to crouch to touch the duel-button set).

Yoke Useage: 3 positions. Left, Center, Right, and then Center again. I have float repeatperiods built in
to the triggers to avoid any trigger snafus.

I consider this an early beta version I guess, noting that there can probably be some improvements made,
but I haven't any immediate plans of doing so. Sort of getting busy again -

*Obviously, just replace the files included within the zip if you've already downloaded the intitial release a
few days back. Or, you can just place the new folder labeled AirShip_2 into the fm folder and change your
tp_mod ini from the folder AirShip_1 to AirShip_2. (the actual file names are unchanged from the first re-
lease, the level files are still labeled as AirShip_1). Anyways, hope someone has a bit of fun with this. :)
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:05 am Here's the latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2c2kc1xq ... A.zip/file

Changes:

In spite of the finger pointing problem, I included this anyways. I think you should have to solve a puzzle
before you get to ride. You'll get a message telling you to climb down and reboard the ship to undo Anne's
finger point. (I still haven't a clue as to why the triggers won't work on the platform). I don't think the puz-
zle is too difficult.

Buttons below the Handle toggle between auto-pilot and hover while the airship is airborne. Hover does
exactly what you'd expect, the airship remains stationary. On auto-pilot, the ship flies straight ahead and
without any increase in height. (I found it easier to crouch to touch the duel-button set).

Yoke Useage: 3 positions. Left, Center, Right, and then Center again. I have float repeatperiods built in
to the triggers to avoid any trigger snafus.

I consider this an early beta version I guess, noting that there can probably be some improvements made,
but I haven't any immediate plans of doing so. Sort of getting busy again -

*Obviously, just replace the files included within the zip if you've already downloaded the intitial release a
few days back. Or, you can just place the new folder labeled AirShip_2 into the fm folder and change your
tp_mod ini from the folder AirShip_1 to AirShip_2. (the actual file names are unchanged from the first re-
lease, the level files are still labeled as AirShip_1). Anyways, hope someone has a bit of fun with this. :)
Thanks for sharing your updates. they're teaching me quite a bit and much appreciated. BTW my username is just a take on my actual name. My real name is Alex Morningstar. I haven't watched the show but isn't that the name of lucifer in the show? People comment about me sharing the same name sometimes.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmmmm. Trying to figure out the entry puzzle. I must not play enough puzzle games; took me a moment to...
Spoiler: show
...realize they were shapes that make letters. I tried a few things... TPJH for "TresPasser John Hammond" was one. "JPH" ended up being too short. Hint?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

You're last guess was right, Drac.
Form JPH and then hit the open button. You probably didn't hear the denial sound, for some reason it's very low, that's why it didn't work as you were
probably not starting with a fresh 6 entries.
A quick patch for the beta if anyone is interested: https://www.mediafire.com/file/44w3chli ... s.zip/file

Just replacements of the grf/scn files for the AIRSHIP_EARLY-BETA VERSION

Fixes an oversight whereas the blade animations were still spinning during hover mode.
Since the engines are still running yet disengaged, the blades should be still. The above
files fixes that.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:52 pm Hmmmmmm. Trying to figure out the entry puzzle. I must not play enough puzzle games; took me a moment to...
...realize they were shapes that make letters. I tried a few things... TPJH for "TresPasser John Hammond" was one. "JPH" ended up being too short. Hint?
Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:16 pm You're last guess was right, Drac.
Form JPH and then hit the open button. You probably didn't hear the denial sound, for some reason it's very low, that's why it didn't work as you were
probably not starting with a fresh 6 entries.
A quick patch for the beta if anyone is interested: https://www.mediafire.com/file/44w3chli ... s.zip/file

Just replacements of the grf/scn files for the AIRSHIP_EARLY-BETA VERSION

Fixes an oversight whereas the blade animations were still spinning during hover mode.
Since the engines are still running yet disengaged, the blades should be still. The above
files fixes that.
I had to go into tresed to find the solution. So i cheated :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

...I see the problem. I didn't realize the "Open" button was part of the listen-sequence. Was waiting for a confirmation sound. But it makes perfect sense.

Went for a ride... Decided to try and see if the airship would crash into the hill to the... left... Which is port/starboard? Port. The airship continued forward and to port... it became hard to tell if it was going up, I'm pretty sure it was still moving forward... but suddenly I fell out..!
TPass000.png
TPass000.png (92.42 KiB) Viewed 491 times