Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Raphaelsauros
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

New Level

Post by Raphaelsauros »

Hi everyone, I created a new level, I hope you like it. I struggled a bit to understand how trespasser works, but the program is wonderful. One of a kind. I write the link here to download and see it. You can modify it however you want. I thank everyone who helped me understand this program. I hope the link works. Let me know. thank you all.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/visglpg0 ... l.zip/file
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: New Level

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey Raphaelsauros! Welcome to the site! :) I've moved this topic to our "Levels and Design" subforum for you as this is where we usually post new levels.

Just checked this level out and...wow. This is pretty awesome, especially for a first level. I happen to be a huge fan of classic horror like this and I did not at all expect to see Castle Dracula in a Trespasser level, let alone to have the whole thing explorable and full of custom assets. If only we had a custom player model for Abraham van Helsing or Mina Harker! All those cool new objects and horror imagery is really just so much fun to see - I like the big image of Van Helsing Dracula with the brides in the foyer, I watched that movie constantly as a kid. The crocodiles in the moat are a nice touch as well, as was an unexpected en-Count-er (sorry) with Dracula himself, as well as some other creatures that are only glimpsed. I would be thrilled to see this level with night lighting, would do well as a Halloween level.
My only suggestion is to maybe add some ambient sound, maybe some custom music and sounds for some of the scripted events. Still, this is a very impressive first level! Hope to see more from you in the future. :D
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Glad you manage how to release this on your own. I think it is pretty amazing for a first level, most people don't tackle to use their own models!

While I haven't checked out this latest version, I do see animation files in the download. That is something only very few here have used, so that is very impressive :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Raphaelsauros
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Raphaelsauros »

TheIdiot wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:40 am Hey Raphaelsauros! Welcome to the site! :) I've moved this topic to our "Levels and Design" subforum for you as this is where we usually post new levels.

Just checked this level out and...wow. This is pretty awesome, especially for a first level. I happen to be a huge fan of classic horror like this and I did not at all expect to see Castle Dracula in a Trespasser level, let alone to have the whole thing explorable and full of custom assets. If only we had a custom player model for Abraham van Helsing or Mina Harker! All those cool new objects and horror imagery is really just so much fun to see - I like the big image of Van Helsing Dracula with the brides in the foyer, I watched that movie constantly as a kid. The crocodiles in the moat are a nice touch as well, as was an unexpected en-Count-er (sorry) with Dracula himself, as well as some other creatures that are only glimpsed. I would be thrilled to see this level with night lighting, would do well as a Halloween level.
My only suggestion is to maybe add some ambient sound, maybe some custom music and sounds for some of the scripted events. Still, this is a very impressive first level! Hope to see more from you in the future. :D
Thank you for the compliments, and I'm already planning a new, improved castle, with more definitions, more rooms, more faithfulness to Bram Stoker's book, which I'm rereading. I also still have to figure out the sounds and put them into practice. Then in the next level there will be sounds, music and maybe even human voices.
Thank you for your compliments. Also if you find new other types of animation, let me know, I'm very interested. Especially mesh animation. Thank you.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Glad to see this released. It's really impressive for a first go. And, the first castle released in a fan level. Congrats. I'll play this latest version soon.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

neat stuff here. could imagine myself living off carnotaurus jerky and fine wine in a gothic castle during autumn. I wish I could figure out(or find the patience) how to make custom stuff like this. I felt like i saw some animations(ghouls) but they were really fast maybe slow them down a bit if possible. spooky Xmas vibes going on. cool stuff
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Indeed very impressive for a first level! I don't want to spoil anything, but I was really surprised at all the details and little effects/animations you added :) Also, welcome to the forums!
Raphaelsauros
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Raphaelsauros »

Draconisaurus wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:10 pmGlad to see this released. It's really impressive for a first go. And, the first castle released in a fan level. Congrats. I'll play this latest version soon.
Thanks, Draconisaurus, it's thanks to you too. For helping me understand how trespasser works. I hope to be able to create a new, more complete castle, more accurate in detail, and with sounds, and perhaps new mesh animations. A thousand thanks.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Oh, it is out! Nice little level, it has a lot of little issues (the statues and other object not having collision) but it is very impressive for a first level. Nice little details, nice use of animations, creative use of new and existing assets.
Man, those jump scares really got me. What were those? A cat and rock golems?
Would be nice if the crocs in the moat could move around and kill you. Goop released a sarcosuchus in his latest release, you could use that. (You would need to create a invisible platform under the water for the crocs to walk on, because that moat is deep.)
I look forward to your next version, keep it up. 👍
Raphaelsauros
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Raphaelsauros »

Hilwo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:05 amIndeed very impressive for a first level! I don't want to spoil anything, but I was really surprised at all the details and little effects/animations you added :) Also, welcome to the forums!
Thanks
Raphaelsauros
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Raphaelsauros »

Nick3069 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:57 amOh, it is out! Nice little level, it has a lot of little issues (the statues and other object not having collision) but it is very impressive for a first level. Nice little details, nice use of animations, creative use of new and existing assets.
Man, those jump scares really got me. What were those? A cat and rock golems?
Would be nice if the crocs in the moat could move around and kill you. Goop released a sarcosuchus in his latest release, you could use that. (You would need to create a invisible platform under the water for the crocs to walk on, because that moat is deep.)
I look forward to your next version, keep it up. 👍
Thanks. In the next release, the castle will be bigger, and therefore, more room to place monsters. I hope to find appropriate animation for the monsters.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Neat idea, Raphaelsauros. Slightly different from what you have here, but I always thought a medieval setting would be a great
environment for a trespasser level as well. I do hope that you expand upon this initial release. Makes me want to watch Hotel
Transylvania again. . .