Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

HackFraud
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Is there some flavor text meant to exuse the lack of a left arm

Post by HackFraud »

I know rushed development made developing the use of the left arm not an option and that's the real reason its not in the game, however, on the JP wiki it mentions Anne's arm is fractured. Does anyone know if this stated anywhere? I couldn't find it in the manual which is the only place I would assume that such a thing would be stated.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Is there some flavor text meant to exuse the lack of a left arm

Post by Nick3069 »

That's a good question, I might be wrong, but I don't think there is any official game source that states that Anne's arm left arm was broken in the plane crash and it is most likely a theory invented by players/fans to explain why she never uses her left arm.
Have you checked the box? There is some text on back and my box could be opened like a book revealing other info, but my box in particular is long gone. Otherwise, it might be from an interview with the developers.
EDIT: I found scans of the box, nothing on there about a broken arm. https://jurassica.net/jurassic-park-trespasser/
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Is there some flavor text meant to exuse the lack of a left arm

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

while not really a reference - the game manual only mentions "Your arm/ the arm" and "your hand / the hand" - it doesn't specify that it's the left or right arm. A literalist might infer this to mean that Anne only has one arm!

but i am sure it's just the devs not wanting to bring attention to engine limitations.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7