Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Intruder VR: Isla Sorna

Post by Deagles4life »

I have decided to make my old trespasser inspired project into a vr game,
I am making quite good progress and potentially will have a playable tech demo soon!

I think I want to at least try to make a test area similar to the level you can access by glitching over the right side of town as a physics and gameplay sandbox.

If anyone wants to lend a hand with resource gathering it would be much appreciated,
I found a great archive of sfx but its lacking some things such as Anne's death scream and certain pain sfx I really want to add.

Here is a short gameplay test showing the new mechanics and a first look at the custom desert eagles.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdSXSjK1Ko[/youtube]

FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/IntruderIslaSorna

Here is an early image of the Island I a building:

Island update2.jpg
Island update2.jpg (600.89 KiB) Viewed 3317 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Intruder VR: Isla Sorna

Post by tatu »

Neat. Good luck on the project.

As for SFX, you could use TPA Player and extract the audio used in Trespasser. It has a function to export them to WAV with the known sound ID (If we know it). :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

sweet I'll have to look into that as so far I only have 4 pain sfx and one death sfx that is for fall damage deaths,
I'm in the middle of trial and error with code to get stuff working repeatably, if only I was good with texturing cause I would love to make a tribe B raptor skin for the raptors.

Hahahaha its 3 in the morning and the player health system is working, repeatably with no bugs I can find whatsoever.

It feels like its 2015 again and I'm pulling all-nighters to fix bugs or implement new features into my old Intruder versions,
though I am making so much more progress than I used to back then, I don't feel as stuck when it comes to fixing bugs where
it used to take me a whole night to solve one thing I can do so much more with my time now.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Cool :)

I get the feeling with textures. I wish I was good at it. Not that I have spent much time learning it either. It was years before I even bothered to try learning some modelling, and man am I happy I did!

That is in a way a great feeling. I remember the times where I spend modding Trespasser for hours in the evening, into the night. It still happens, but rarely. But back then I also did it as we used MSN and the night was a good time as Draco was awake (living in different time zones). And all the hours just exploring the levels in TresEd. Great memories!

(PS, reminder to edit your last post instead of double-posting ;) )

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

Progress report 1:
fleshing out the testing sandbox level
testing a apk of the old test level directly on the Quest (its working!)
messing around with the limits of what I can fit into the test level while still remaining playable on the Quest

Progress report 2:
I have added a lot of Trespasser models into the test level along with more dinosaurs and a basic terrain.
sideloaded the new APK to my quest and so far so good, I just need to change the colliders of the stairs
so it isn't so bumpy going up them haha, also need to apply a health system to the newly added herbivores
such as stegosaurs, Gallimimus and Brachiosaur (perhaps the brachiosaur will be nigh unkillable with the amount of shots it would take)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:14 am Cool :)

I get the feeling with textures. I wish I was good at it. Not that I have spent much time learning it either. It was years before I even bothered to try learning some modelling, and man am I happy I did!

That is in a way a great feeling. I remember the times where I spend modding Trespasser for hours in the evening, into the night. It still happens, but rarely. But back then I also did it as we used MSN and the night was a good time as Draco was awake (living in different time zones). And all the hours just exploring the levels in TresEd. Great memories!

(PS, reminder to edit your last post instead of double-posting ;) )
Aw thanks Tatu. Those are great memories for me too. Sometimes I still want to mod late into the night again, might get back to it.
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

First release of test level!

Post by Deagles4life »

Its been way too long :o hahaha :lol: I always disappear for ages only to come back like nothing happened!

I have an APK for people to download and load onto their Quest 2 now.

A lot has been added and it will be interesting to see what you guys think of it, perhaps ill make a video playthrough of it and post screenshots so those of us without vr can play

This is the link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/10jussqy ... R.zip/file

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Can't play VR, but sounds fun...

Image link is broken, but leads to this page. What did you put this together out of? Looks great.
https://imgur.com/a/70jGAtM
tatu

Post by tatu »

I totally missed this. I'll make sure to include this in the next news post to bring more attention to it :D

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh! Looking at the image, I know I've seen videos of the level on the Discord. Do we have links? Can't find any on youtube..
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:51 pm Huh! Looking at the image, I know I've seen videos of the level on the Discord. Do we have links? Can't find any on youtube..
There is a link in the first post :lol:
And it is possible they didn't post YouTube videos on Discord, but clips.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah I meant newer versions of the project, with the big area and things to do.