In town and plains coming soon

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

In town and plains coming soon

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I took the 15n files and made the terrain as a new level attempting to do both town and plains at the same time with those terrains. I like the look so far will post pictures very soon.

I am going to need certain types of assistance with these two levels from more experienced players here. I will not be able to do much in the voiceovers or music area. I have not learned enough yet for sounds. I will also like others opinions on how it goes as I release the levels unfinished and with great appreciation of any help I get.

Personally I do not care who all gets credit for them as long as it will be mentioned that I started those two levels upon release. First beginning screenshot...
Screenshot (263).png
Screenshot (263).png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 2706 times
More to follow as I progress..
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: In town and plains coming soon

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looking pretty good. Again this project'll take a while, but if you've got the patience...
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Patience I have time not so much will be working on it. And still learning a couple other programs in the meantime. Got an old copy of truspace that had some models my friend made. Not tres ones but other models for thing I work with. So doing that stuff too.
Screenshot (270).png
Screenshot (270).png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 2613 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am oddly enamored of the pine terrain for the town...
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

Having crossed the gorge, Anne is left on the final support of the monorail at the top of a ridge marking one of the foothills of Mt. Crick, just to her west. This is her first sight of the interior of the island, and it should be breathtaking - from here she can see Mt. Watson off in the distance, probably make out the plains, and get a good look at some of the terrain she is about to enter.
From the design docs, I'd like to see this too
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

This is the start of the plains not the ph which I will go back to now I am getting more experienced with. The plains right now are wider and longer than the area that was in retail. But same general area and I used the original layout of the town to enter and exit. I hope this will work.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:09 am I took the 15n files and made the terrain as a new level attempting to do both town and plains at the same time with those terrains.
Keep in mind that everythig is offset in those versions of the Town...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I started a new level with the terrain. So as it might be I don’t really see that as being a problem here thanks
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

What machf means is that the MAX PL file we have, appears that the locations of objs might be offset from where (for example) the last part of retail IT is. It's not 100% clear what the right offset is. There's some wiggle room.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:34 pm What machf means is that the MAX PL file we have, appears that the locations of objs might be offset from where (for example) the last part of retail IT is. It's not 100% clear what the right offset is. There's some wiggle room.
Actually, what machf means is that the IT stuff (like the terrain) from the 3ds Max versions (15N/15R) is offset. If you import any of the retail/build 96 objects and retain their position, it will not be placed correctly with the 15N/15R terrain. So you will manually have to move everything after import (unless you figure out the coordinate difference and set it during import).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahhh that as well yes.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have already did some math on some of those problems. This is going to take awhile. I am working on both at the same time however, the plains are my biggest priority at this point. The question I have is if I have the basic level down can some of you guys go through add the sounds and anything you think I missed. I am having difficulties on the imports and models is why I started the other thread.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'd say do what you can first, you might learn some things as you go.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:44 pm Actually, what machf means is that the IT stuff (like the terrain) from the 3ds Max versions (15N/15R) is offset. If you import any of the retail/build 96 objects and retain their position, it will not be placed correctly with the 15N/15R terrain. So you will manually have to move everything after import (unless you figure out the coordinate difference and set it during import).
Bingo.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks. Yes I am going to work on them as much as I can a few things fell advanced for me right now like the sounds and music. Does anyone have the blockhouse as a model yet as I would like to put that in by the dam? The smugglers plane and crates are giving me some problems the physics keep screwing the import up. The ground textures looked strange when first imported them but look fine now. Not sure why in any of these cases. I will post more pictures soon and you will be able to get a better idea.