Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Trespasser VR on Quest 2

Post by s13n1 »

Quest 2 version being worked on. More of a port of the original, as it will look like the original and have individual levels. There will be some new stuff, but it wont be radically different.

I haven't got time to explain everything, but this Quest 2 version will kind of serve as a base for the PCVR version, as there was some big changes needed for performance that I used this Quest 2 version to prototype, and it's turned out pretty good.

I'll have a download pretty soon for any Quest 2 owners to sideload and test.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Trespasser VR on Quest 2

Post by tatu »

Looks great! Love how it actually look like Trespasser 🙂
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

As a Quest 2 user, i can't wait :)
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

I can see a male velociraptor in the second picture, thought to point it out.
Anyways, the screenshots look good and its pretty cool. Hope the project keeps going cause it looks pretty nice.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
MinePass
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by MinePass »

Looking good, don't have much experience with vr but this would definitely cause that to change. The crazy side of me wonders what it would be like to see both original and fan made levels in vr.
Bring on the jumping platforms :pirate:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Looks good...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

Oooh that's really cool.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

I really enjoy working on this simpler version, it's got a certain nostalgic familiar charm to it my PCVR version lacks. There's also great satisfaction in getting it to work on the Quest2, I love the challenge of it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

This looks really nice. I agree that something about the simplicity of a direct remake has a certain charm to it. The enhanced sky and shadows (and presumably animated leaves?) make an enormous difference.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I acquired a VR device that uses the phone for the pics. Is this the same thing or what is that?

UPDATE:: I have a Dreamvision VR headset. So I know what the difference is. However is it possible maybe that the coding could be converted at some point to include this headset? Maybe will find out eventually.
Last edited by Bryankd2015 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

It's a standalone VR headset. You can't use your phone to run dedicated Quest apps
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

The trees all have vertex wind animation, which helps make it look more alive, and I'd like to try and get some touch bending working if possible, so they'll move if you touch them or the dinos walk through them. I'm getting really good performance though, so I won't switch shaders just for touch bending if it has a hit on frames. The sky is just a placeholder for now. I did have a slowly rotating sky box which looked pretty good, but there was no sun. This one has a sun, but it shouldn't rotate with the skybox, cause that's just goofy. I wanna find a cheap solution that doesn't cost much to render. I might be able to just keep the sky box static and have a few random clouds drift by.

I've had to adjust the scale of things to make it feel better in VR. The boxes and barrels are a bit different so they're more comfortable to carry around. The big concrete construction blocks are a bit smaller cause they look enourmous in VR.

The first couple of beach physics puzzles have been tweaked a little. The first gate is actually hinged and blocked by some boxes. Teaches the player to push the gate and shift the boxes. The second gate will have a latch you need to lift to move the gate. Things will progressively get more advanced, but will always offer an alternative way to solve them.The seesaw puzzle is there and requires the player to slide a big box under it to keep it up, then the player can jump up and grab the scaffolding to reach the top. I thought about putting a key up here to open a construction trailer to get a sledgehammer which you need to break open the second gate. Not sure, don't want get too deep in the puzzles too fast.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Double_G wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 am It's a standalone VR headset. You can't use your phone to run dedicated Quest apps
Thank you. I have never tried any of the VR stuff so I did not know anything about it.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Will try and have an APK available soon for Quest 2 users to test. I just want to add a couple things if I can to make it a bit nicer, some ambient sounds and maybe footsteps.

I've tweeted at Seamus Blackley to see if he owns a Quest 2. I think it's appropriate that if he owns one, he be the first person to try it.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Man I've put in some hours this weekend, but I want another day or two to finish off a few more things. I lost a lot of time trying to get my water ripples working and just when I thought I had it, I noticed it was broken in certain circumstances. There's an old asset you can buy that could be the very thing I need, but it's about 4 years old and may not work properly with my version of Unity. I'll give it a try when payday comes round.

Footsteps are in, jumping sounds, physics based sound impacts, all trees have colliders, plants, bushes and dead palm leaves make sounds when you walk through them. Rocks are imported. The doors on the white InGen truck open and close. There's some simple buoyancy effects for swimming and for floating objects.

I just wanna add some birds and ambient sounds as well as some of Anne's voiceovers.

I've got a couple ideas for a cool Dino encounter, not sure if they'll work, but we'll see.

I want to have the test APK uploaded within a week, so get your headsets ready if you've got them.