The (un)known missing levels.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by Nick3069 »

The compy and gallimimus are fine, but the raptor is unable to walk, the T. Rex trips at every step, the trike's belly rubs against the ground, and the Steg doesn't move much. (The latter might just be because it has little to no AI behaviors.)
If you want to rename them, export them to TPM, use a program like Notepad++ to replace every instance of their name with what you want in both the TPM itself and the .values.txt.
For example, open Gallimimus.tpm and Gallimimus.values.txt in Notepad++, go to Search -> Replace, enter Gallimimus in the "Find what" field, enter GallimimusBaby in the "Replace with" field, click Replace All, and save.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Can anyone help me with this? I will shortly edit and attach the files.. but it is not playable with this report. Sorry I could not attach the swp file as it is 60mb and this forum does not support that much. Note : This level is not finished yet. I put some extra ammo in guns found near Anne to be sure I could test everything without getting killed.

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "ph"
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
Verifying PID...
Used 4.8MB of 6.3MB available primary texture space
Used 22 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.
ph-130.zip
(6.73 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

GeomAdd are not able to tell all errors in a level. When it crash would be helpful in this case (if it does during loading, at around what % does it crash/freeze?).

As for bigger file-sizes. I would suggest getting something like a https://mediafire.com/ account to upload bigger files. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

It crashes on loading screen. I am working on getting the whole file on on of the other servers to repost it but am going to take a closer look at it after work this afternoon.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The SWP file is required, we can't open the level in TresEd without it. The .orig files are not required, they are backups of the GRF and SCN files. Same with ph_008.trr and ph_008.wtd, those are not used by the level as your level uses ph_014.wtd.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I will be reposting the level with mediafire when I get back on the computer. It will have the swap file attached as well this time.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zkhirmi8 ... 0.zip/file

I hope that one works, let me know if it doesnt.

UPDATE:: I took all the Dino’s out of the level and it still does not want to play in game the report still shows no errors. I am about to start over.Question. Would it be easier to export the terrain and redo this level completely or keep trying to work on it this way?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I'm able to play the level just fine. What's the problem?
Also, that zip contains all the unnecessary files again and also included duplicates.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Ok then something is strange on my end. Thanks

On mine it goes to load then kicks to desktop when try to play it.could that be the extra files you mentioned causing problems or could it be something else?

Hey thanks nick I deleted those other files and it does seem to run just fine however Anne is not holding the guns properly wasn’t able to play it through but did notice the tiny Dino’s do not work right
tatu

Post by tatu »

Loads fine for me. But it is unclear which version is the right one, so I went with the one in the "PH-130" folder, as it has later dates.

The issue with Anne not holding a gun correctly (or objects like a keycard) is an issue where the instance is loading before the basement (-00) instance and the magnet. Simple solution is to select all guns, press delete (to delete all instances), save, then just undo your action (CTRL+Z) and to undelete them and resave.

The extra files do not effect the loading of the level no.

The tiny dinosaurs AI is not working properly, very likely due to being too many AI in one place at once. It could also be that they are too small, so their physics and bones are too small.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, several of the "LOD"s for the foliage appears to be missing textures. So some LODs appears as plain colours. The tree LODs are even transparent. No clue what happen as exporting them includes the correct textures. You may want to reimport them (with replacing mesh and say yes to replace textures).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks tatu. I will look at this further as soon as I can I work weekends and have little time to go through it but will be working on this more.

After a lot of thought. Yes I am going to continue working on that level but do we have any script keyword list or anything like that to guide using said scripts. I thought I saw something once but do not remember where I saw it.

How would you work with the old town level that has the different gates and exit than the other levels. Thinking of using the terrain and starting fresh on that one and it will lead to my plains level I am almost finished with. Right now due to circumstances I am only able to work on these an hour or two a day.
Last edited by Bryankd2015 on Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

There is an offline script reference in Trespasser Millennium, but it might not be up to date.
There is also the online version here:
https://www.trescom.org/files/docs/tscript.html
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks for that nick it really helps a lot. I have the plains level near complete I used a town level terrain to make the plains and it is working well.

As a matter of fact I should be posting new levels soon. The ph level is from the original and I think I need to start fresh with it and do what I did for the plains. Stay posted here and I will let you all know when I am ready to share it.

I almost forgot to ask where is the best place for different terrain textures? I am having some troubles with texture here so wasn’t sure where to get them.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The House of Cards puzzle is partly set-up in one of the pre-release builds of JR. I forget which one, but it uses those very think wood planks. One of the issues they ran into was that the physics was too thin, as it seems. There is a thicker version of the plank model, I forget where it is... Drac stares at Tatu in consideration that a certain cataloging project is currently stalled.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I found the thicker boards for that already. Thank you drac. I am still in search of the town level that had you leave where the mountain is now and the gate on other side had a path but I can’t find it. Not sure why

The n 15 town level is not loading in tresed and not sure why the retail version is what is displayed with a lot of purple colors I know by the way the town is and that the level is complete all the way through the valley and the gate at the end. How do I fix this to peruse the n15 levels?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

So I have tested the House of Cards puzzle's feasability, as well as some other early walkthrough ideas, such as building a bridge using two rebar poles and wooden planks and the Lincoln Logs, using the original objects. Doesn't work as intended, unfortunately - the thin physics for these objects tend to cause them to interpolate with objects stacked on-top of them when you try to stand on them, which results in a physics explosion, typically killing Anne. Stacking crates works a lot better as it seems the thicker physics tend to prevent the objects from clipping through other objects that they are stacked on. The rebar bridge does work sometimes but jumping onto it is always sketchy.