Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by tatu »

The n 15 town level is not loading in tresed and not sure why the retail version is what is displayed with a lot of purple colors I know by the way the town is and that the level is complete all the way through the valley and the gate at the end. How do I fix this to peruse the n15 levels?
Do you have your vanilla levels inside your "TresCD/data" folder and have the game installed? If yes, then TresEd will load any level with the same level name from there. So any level named IT will be loaded from that folder and not "Custom Folder/IT" for example. Otherwise it seems that it isn't loading the SWP correctly.
There is a thicker version of the plank model, I forget where it is... Drac stares at Tatu in consideration that a certain cataloging project is currently stalled.
AS2 at the elevator 8-)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks I do have that way for sure so I will change it after work.

After getting home and looking at it yes I had it installed but was using the 2020 ce mods folder for it. It worked replacing the it level in the ce mods folder where I had the original installed from. I just have a probably stupid question but can we use the terrain from this level at all? Not the level just the terrain file?

I am working on the 15 n town seeing what all it has in it and why can’t use it. It looks good on the surface. I would like to start a fresh level based on that terrain and create another version of the town and go from there. Can you do like the other levels and create a new level and just put that terrain file in and have the blank canvas as that terrain or is there a problem with it?
Last edited by Bryankd2015 on Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Using the old terrain and starting fresh with it looks really good I am having less issues with this now than before I started new thread here on the progress follow it in the other thread.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sort of wish Tatu had put some of this into Isla Sorna.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Ya I suppose but I have taken some time and altered the terrain extensively for the plains level I am working in now. The town will be from the terrain I change for the plains level fresh from the start.

See my other post on the levels for screenshots I will be uploading more probably tonight.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

UPDATE:: I am still working on these levels and have found some of the physics not working properly so am having to adjust. Yes. It may take awhile longer than anticipated but will keep updating the progress here.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Good luck :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am working with some of the mystery models we got that nobody bothered with so far. One of the pistols is now working do not remember the name of it but was not set up correctly. Anne picked it up and it was facing her instead of away the magnet was way off. Now is usable.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:55 pm I am working with some of the mystery models we got that nobody bothered with so far. One of the pistols is now working do not remember the name of it but was not set up correctly. Anne picked it up and it was facing her instead of away the magnet was way off. Now is usable.
If you want to save yourself time, machf did fix all those guns. They are in the "The Armory" level: https://www.trescom.org/download/the-armory/ (along with tons of other working non-official guns).

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I did that more to see if I could. There are other models I am looking at and may be changing just to see how they come out as well.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I get you. I like to redo it all myself as well. It is great learning experience. And of course, I am unsure if machf's fixed ones contain stuff like shadow models etc :)

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Have not explored them all. But there are a few things from Jp lost world have not seen in a level yet I am working on some of those.