Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by tatu »

You should post your GeomAdd log, it might be errors that are easily fixed. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I knew that would not be necessary as the errors pointed what I did wrong. I went through the level and clicked all the vegetation and exported it and when import went to me new level it blew up the errors. Next time I put each type of vegetation in and clone it removing errors. I did the same with the rocks etc so now I know better. Was a learning experience.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:21 pm I knew that would not be necessary as the errors pointed what I did wrong. I went through the level and clicked all the vegetation and exported it and when import went to me new level it blew up the errors. Next time I put each type of vegetation in and clone it removing errors. I did the same with the rocks etc so now I know better. Was a learning experience.
It sounds like you mainly forgot to import the $physics for the base models. So all you have to do really is to reimport the base (-00) mesh along with all the $physics and it should be fixed. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Well that’s ok I already trashed it and started over. Going to import the vegetation one by one in the basement then use clone to fill in the level. Same with the rocks etc. but can you do that with the Dino’s?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yes, you can clone dinos, but if you do, they will all have the same AI. If you want dinos with varying AI behaviors, you'll have to do a "Copy Mesh" instead and add the Physics and Mesh strings pointing to the original.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Say a pack of gallimimus should be pretty much the same. And it sounds easier and to let someone else change it when level is actually finished. Trying to stay more basic to get it all done and going to put very few Dino’s in and not worried to much about the behavior of them.

Just out of curiosity, could someone create a terrain file from a .tpm file if you had it? and how would you go about it? I can provide the tpm if someone can do it. Here is a preview of it.
Screenshot (258).png
Screenshot (258).png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

Well you can kinda create a terrain from a TPM. Import it into 3ds Max, or Gmax, then use machf's TRR exporter:
3ds Max: https://www.trescom.org/download/trr-export-maxscript/
Gmax: https://www.trescom.org/download/trr-ex ... -for-gmax/

Use that to export the terrain to a TRR file, then use GUIApp to convert it to a WTD for your level. I really should update my guide with this :)

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am having a problem with guiapp it is not opening at all double click, nothing, not closing to desktop, but actually not openeing.. what do I need to do to get it to work? I happen to like guiapp
tatu

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:36 pm I am having a problem with guiapp it is not opening at all double click, nothing, not closing to desktop, but actually not openeing.. what do I need to do to get it to work? I happen to like guiapp
Make sure you're using the CE release. And you need to place your "D3DX9_43.dll" and "trepsasser.ini" file in the same folder. :)

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks. I forgot the directs file thinking that should fix it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yes, I believe you are meant to place the GUIApp inside the folder where the game is, but there isn't really any explanation anywhere on how to actually run it :)

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

One of the things that need to be mentioned I think. I like guiapp because if you look for it it has a lot of information on how to use it. Ok I took the guiapp and placed it in the 2020 ce folder and it seems to be working just fine. The level I created not so much. Is Anne with a sky and all white below her. In tresed is the terrain and all same file so not sure what’s that yet.

Tresed on the other hand does not. You guys got used to it and know the keys by hand but someone just starts using it and it really has no information about it. I previously had to ask how do do some things and I got replies yes but should be available without asking.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

If you search the forums you'll probably find the information about TresEd that you need and if not you can always ask for help and we'll be happy to guide you in the right direction. The in-app help menu (F1) tells you what most of the keys do.

One thing to keep in mind is that TresEd is a fan made modding tool made by one guy which started out as level viewer, while GUIApp is an actual dev tool that was created by a team of developers.
Some of Trespasser's developers have said that TresEd is a much better tool than what they had at the time.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Still learning here. Just was pointing out that is much easier to learn by doing and knowing the controls instead of spending half the time asking here about something you can’t figure out. I used the guiapp way back in 2015 when there was still a bunch of questions with tresed. I got pretty used to it. That’s not a problem here. The tresed now does work way better than guiapp however when you get used to one is harder to move on and hence I am using both.

I am having some issues but not sure if it is me or something else will tell you one thing when use tresed and import is not going where expected. Is either going to the all zero cords however under the basement or is underground at the cords strange no? The same terrain used everything but the imports. Forget about any invisibles like sound etc because those import way off.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Well GUIApp is only really useful for creating proper SCN files, debug a level and convert terrains. Modifying a level isn't good as you can only move objects around, you can't change their properties. And all changes are saved to the SCN file, so the next time you open it in TresEd, it won't load them, as TresEd loads from the GRF.

When you export, make sure the first option isn't checked, as that will place the object(s) at 0,0,0. And when you import, make sure the X, Y and Z sections are all "0".
Remember that the BE terrain is not at the same coordinates as the IJ one for example. And the one generated by Shell Generator is in another.