The (un)known missing levels.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: The (un)known missing levels.

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok you told me about the verify option.. I started playing around in the ph level and here is what I got.. yes it is playable at this point.

Welcome to GeomAdd.
Please select level and file or directory to import.

Loading level for verification...
Verifying level...
Name: "ph"
SCN: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.scn"
GRF: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.grf"
PID: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.swp"
SPZ: ""
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Unknown value 'curved' found in "TPVtoniarock00-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'curved' found in "TPVjhrock01-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'curved' found in "TPVjhrock00-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'refract' found in "PGoldBarPAA00-00".
WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody".
Verifying PID...
Used 4.8MB of 6.3MB available primary texture space
Used 15 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the above errors?

I guess I learned a few things as I found out how to fix the errors..must be something tatu said.. thanks tatu

Welcome to GeomAdd.

Verifying level...
SCN: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.scn"
GRF: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.grf"
PID: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.swp"
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
WARNING: Unknown value 'Pathfinding' found in "$AnneBody". <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Found is TerrainPathfinding fix in annebody and rid of error****************************
Verifying PID...
Used 4.6MB of 6.3MB available primary texture space
Used 12 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.

Watch after fix shown..........

TerrainPathfinding correction does this...

Welcome to GeomAdd.

Verifying level...
SCN: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.scn"
GRF: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph.grf"
PID: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.pid"
SWP: "c:\users\bryan\desktop\tres_2020\tres ce\mods\trespasser\data\ph-130.swp"
Verifying instances...
Verifying meshes...
Verifying values...
Verifying PID...
Used 4.6MB of 6.3MB available primary texture space
Used 12 of 98 available palettes
Verifying SWP and SPZ...
Finished verification.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Glad you figured it out on your own. Typos are generally safe to fix in TresEd. The only typo you are required to fix outside of TresEd, inside the VALUES file is "BoundBol" to "BoundVol". Fixing it in TresEd will cause a loading freeze.

And a reminder not to double (tripple) post during the same day, edit your last post instead. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Not sure what you mean by the double (triple) posting as I edited the above post a few times and it is one post.
tatu

Post by tatu »

There was 3 posts, all on the 8th, I removed 2 of them and merged them with the one you see :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Ok thank you. I thought I edited them not new ones. So I apologize for the inconvenience to you.

I have been trying to edit versus new post so not sure why that happened but am glad you fixed it. At any rate. I was having multiple problems with the beach level so I decided to try taking on the ph level and I already got rid of the errors.

I am doing what I should have done in first place drawing out and writing up what I want to do with the separate levels to accomplish the task.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I got some ideas and drawings of how things should go. What I do not have is the working models to import in the levels I need (for example the house of cards model I found in mystery pack) to set up the puzzles I want to put in. Still fine tuning the ph one it is looking good from my standpoint.

If anyone can set the mystery models up for import or tell me how I will be grateful for the help. I thank you in advance. I already have new Dino’s in the levels.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The house of cards models are just "Pplywoodsheet1-00" and "Pplywoodsheet2-00", both which can be found in the LAB level.

You could get a trial copy of 3ds Max and just import all the Mystery Models, and extract them to a format for Trespasser, or for Gmax/Blender (as a lot of them will require custom physics etc).

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I saw a program that is freeware or purchase. Called bforartists is a fork from blender but supposed to be easier to learn we already have some blender scripts so might work that way if blender works to do the objects we are talking about and I will just deal with the terrain between tresed and guiapp and not worry about it.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

A few days and I will have ph finished and the new version of the program put out to create levels from scratch, will work really well for the plains. I have already tried it and working on it in conjunction with the in town level as they will need to both be updated to make sense. When I have them completed enough I will post the levels one by one in a new thread.

I have a problem that I cannot seem to undo. All the trees greenery and other stuff including the house buildings are at least 3 feet underground. If it moves it went underground. So am debating on starting again. The save before that is corrupted and not sure how that happened either.
tatu

Post by tatu »

That is clearly a height issue. Have you remade the terrain through 3ds Max? If you do that, the height will be different. TresEd also have issues rendering the terrain correctly in normal view. Try enabling terrain edit mode and see how it looks.

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

No. Didn’t use max. And I did figure out my own mistake. I tried to lower to surface a bunch of stuff that was too high. I used a box to mark multiple things at once and lowered it too low. Also deleted the same way without realizing what I did till it was too late.

Won’t do that again. Anyway I started almost over as I had it saved when I was half way through to that point that loaded up. So am redoing the attach to terrain again and remove excess items.

Question I have is how do you rename the dinosaurs? I have resized them slowly and carefully and they all work properly I changed some property values. But they still have the same names. Wasn’t sure how to change the files name for them. For example I am making Dino children so could call trex baby trex but do not know how.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:16 pm Question I have is how do you rename the dinosaurs? I have resized them slowly and carefully and they all work properly I changed some property values. But they still have the same names. Wasn’t sure how to change the files name for them. For example I am making Dino children so could call trex baby trex but do not know how.
It's complicated.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am making a very small level just for the Dino changes etc Dino babies I have zipped it and posted it so others can use them. If anyone would be able to change the names I would be most grateful for it. And thank you in advance if you can.
Dinosaur Repository-130.zip
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
tatu

Post by tatu »

I recommend taking a look at a retail level and figure out how it works. But you could technically have all the main AI in your basement, then have cubes that reflect the "new" AI. As the clones uses a script to use the basement AI, it will take their shape and form in TresEd as well.

One thing to take note, if you resize an AI, you will need to modify their script. The length of their biting, or tail etc are all scripted on the AI itself.

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Let me know if the Dino’s in the download work or need to be fixed. They seem to work for me and what I wanted to do so far anyway. Otherwise if someone has the time they can make the fixed changes and send back to me.

The baby ones are there more for the aesthetics than for the hunt. The walkthrough says multiple instances of families walking through and mentions a baby raptor in the ph level as well.