Hello

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Hello

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am replacing a GeForce 710 2 gig chipset with a GeForce 730 4 gig chipset. My computer is already running a lot smoother with the 32 gigs memory. The video card has not been delivered as of yet.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

A GT 730? It would have been better to buy an RX 6400 instead. They are a bit more expensive, but it's a much more recent card and it is over 6x more powerful.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Limited budget and hardware. Is a dell premade computer from 2020. It won’t allow much else. I researched it. But now is all in the computer is working much much better.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

When you get the money, you should do what I always do. Buy a new expensive PC, that can run modern, new games fairly well, but still end up mainly playing older PC games that ran fine on a 2010 mediacore PC ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have this one maxed out now I mean it can take more memory but everything else is maxed out.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

By more "memory" do you mean RAM? Tres can't even use more than 2GB of RAM, 4GB if you run the 4GB patch on it. I have a GTX 1080 4GB which is generally pretty good for most games but my PC sometimes still lags with some of the more detailed Trespasser levels (35-45FPS, usually have it capped at 60). It just isn't very well optimized for modern technology, and no amount of RAM will change that, even with CE. After upgrading from 8GB to 16GB RAM I did not notice any difference at all with Trespasser as an older game like that is unable to take advantage of all that space (most modern games won't even use that, the only game I've seen go above even 10GB of RAM is Arma 3 - I actually had 32GB in one PC and ended up taking out half of it to replace the incompatible 8GB I had in my other PC as there is simply no use for that much when gaming). I'm not sure about CPU speeds but again despite my newer PC having a fairly decent CPU, it doesn't do squat for Trespasser as I've found that game isn't even remotely CPU intensive.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:14 am Limited budget and hardware. Is a dell premade computer from 2020. It won’t allow much else. I researched it. But now is all in the computer is working much much better.
You could have used the money you used for the RAM for the to upgrade to an RX 6400 instead. I can almost guaranty that RX 6400 fits in your computer. Buying old low end cards like the GT 730 is a waste of money, unless all you need are extra HDMI/DP/DVI ports.
tatu

Post by tatu »

While I think we all agree the increasing the hardware won't effect Trespasser (except for texture work and modelling), we do not know where Bryan lives and what options they have. And maybe they spent $20 on all this ;)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Live in Missouri USA. We are on a very limited budget but doing it this way both computer got upgraded for the price of one. Little less than 200 dollars and both computers are near max capacity so was well worth it. Buying a whole new one is out of our budget so this was the best alternative and the small city I live in only allows for me to buy online for parts. There is not a computer store around me. I researched within budget and did the best I could but I like the boost it is allowing me to play games that I could not before.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Glad to hear it did improve on games for you :D

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

My. Old favorites I can finally turn all graphics on for a new experience I never had.