Hello

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Hello

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have already done some extensive things to the ph level it looks a lot better than it did. It has like 3 puzzles completed now on it and much more sound. Better Dino’s. I will probably release next week when get the wrinkles out.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That sounds cool. TresCom has only had PH for a short time compared to the other levels. It's good to see it modded etc.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Am having the most trouble doing the exit script on ph. Since it didn’t have one going to post it without and see if someone else can put that part in for me. If possible next few days.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Are you talking about the end of level trigger that loads the next level? If so it's pretty simple, it's just a location trigger with action type 16 and then you tell it which level to load:

Code: Select all

group Trig_LevelPH-00 = {
    string Class = "CLocationTrigger"
    int FireCount = 1
    bool PlayerEnterTrigger = true
    int ActionType = 16
    string LevelName = "ij.scn"
}
If the level doesn't exist, then the loading screen will flash for a fraction of a second and nothing happens, you'll be able to keep exploring beyond the end of the level.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thank you.. I couldnt figure out how to do that..

Although I don’t need it yet I was curious on something. Is there a way to have different sounds trigger around the same time and maybe more than once? I tell you why I ask, I was thinking of have sounds of spinosaurus and the winged Dino’s without actually having them in the level. More like a fear factor idea.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

That is possible, see: https://www.trescom.org/files/docs/tscr ... l#Triggers and the general script with the FireCount etc on what is useful. And it is always helpful to check fan levels with triggers if you know what they have etc.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks tatu
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have a problem maybe someone here can answer. I have the 3ds max 2010 full version registered and all. I installed the 32 bit one in and it keeps loading the 64 bit. However I can only find the one place to put the scripts and I already put them there but the 64 bit does not see them. What can I do?

NEVERMIND :: I got it going.. thanks.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Glad you figured it out.Those you plan on using often, you can place in the startup folder, so you don't have to manual run them each time :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

tatu wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:24 pm Glad you figured it out.Those you plan on using often, you can place in the startup folder, so you don't have to manual run them each time :)
That was not the issue. I found it installed in 2 locations and I put the scripts in th 32 bit version but not the 64 bit version so I put them in both. Solved problem.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am currently upgrading my computer so I have nothing to report on any end except to say am going from 24 gigs memory to 40 gigs memory and 2 gig nvidia GeForce to a 4 gig nvidia GeForce card. Hoping for some improvements on the graphics and speed more or less.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Dude, 24 GB is more than enough RAM for what you're doing, 40 GB is overkill and won't increase the speed or graphics. I only have 16 GB of RAM and my computer is very fast. The graphics card upgrade will probably help, but that depends on the model and if you're being bottlenecked by your CPU. If you're using a hard drive, consider upgrading to an SSD, that will increase your computer's speed for sure.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Already using ssd the 32 gig chip is for other applications that require more memory. And both video cards were nvidia chipset just double memory. From 2 to 4 gigs. I play other newer games that just aren’t running smoothly. One of them was the Jedi Fallen Order. SWTOR slows me down quite a bit as well so hoping for the boost for those.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The GPU upgrade will probably help a bit. It also comes down to your CPU. The RAM might be good for the future, or if you run a lot of programs at the same time, but you rarely go even up to 16GB RAM unless you work with photos and videos (from my understanding). I can't remember I've ever really reached 100% on 16GB RAM unless I was encoding a video or unpacking bigger archives (or packing).
As for Trespasser. The only place this may help is when working with 3d models, if they are detailed. But it won't really help with editing levels. It may allow you increase settings in-game, but I am unsure how much you can push it anyway due to the way Trespasser is programmed.
Hope the GPU upgrade allows you to run Jedi Fallen Order more smoothly :)

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:59 pm Already using ssd the 32 gig chip is for other applications that require more memory. And both video cards were nvidia chipset just double memory. From 2 to 4 gigs. I play other newer games that just aren’t running smoothly. One of them was the Jedi Fallen Order. SWTOR slows me down quite a bit as well so hoping for the boost for those.
Most modern games don't go over 16GB of RAM, pretty much the only applications that do are video editing software, 3d rendering software, AI software, and Chrome if you have hundreds of tabs open. Trespasser is a 32-bit program, so it can't even go over 4GB of RAM.
Saying it's an Nvidia chipset doesn't really tell me anything. For example, if you're going from a GeForce GTX 770 to a GeForce GTX 760, then that is a downgrade, even if the latter has more memory.