Hello

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Hello

Post by Nick3069 »

GUIApp is a very limited tool, I don't personally use it, but from what I've heard, it is mostly used for creating SCN files when a level is ready for release. SCN files created by TresEd are basically blank and just point to the GRF file, that's why when you die and try to restart a level nothing happens.
I think GUIApp can also be used to generate terrain files (WTD) which TresEd also has issues with.
Here is the link to the CE version of GUIApp:
https://www.trescom.org/download/trespasser-ce-tools/
I think you have to place it in your Trespasser folder, not the TresEd folder.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

that would explain it then. I used to use guiapp all the time back in 2018. then it no longer worked.. you just told me why.. I have to put the file and corresponging files in the trespasser folder.. thank you very much.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I believe TI meant to use Shell Generator to create new level files and not GUIApp. GUIApp is, as Nick said mainly used to make SCN files, and to convert terrains from 3ds Max to WTD. Or WTD to 3ds Max (as long as it has not been modified from retail).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I used to use guiapp in 2018 to do certain types of modifications (detail) work on the levels, is a little more precise on some things and I like the tool a lot is easier for me to grasp. I just forgot to put in same folder I was working on.. thats all. I posted pics on my other thread.. is a little updated.. and I am set up almost to say town finished this is plains.. but not quite.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Sure, you can use GUIApp to move things around, but I find that TresEd is much more precise. In TresEd, you can use the 1, 2, and 3 keys to move objects along a specific axis and likewise use the keys 4, 5 and 6 to rotate around the respective axis. You can also open the instance property menu (xyz) and enter the exact numerical value you want for the object's position, rotation, and scale. But hey, if you prefer GUIApp and have a good workflow with it, then keep doing your thing.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Nick3069 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 am Sure, you can use GUIApp to move things around, but I find that TresEd is much more precise. In TresEd, you can use the 1, 2, and 3 keys to move objects along a specific axis and likewise use the keys 4, 5 and 6 to rotate around the respective axis. You can also open the instance property menu (xyz) and enter the exact numerical value you want for the object's position, rotation, and scale.
I did not know anything about the1,2,3 or 4,5,6 keys. The keys have been guesswork. Is why asked if some kind of book or manual or maybe a keychart even if someone can make a new one that knows the keys. It would be a lot easier to learn if you know what to press and how to use the editor in the first place.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

There is a "Help" key on TresEd which will show you all that on screen. F1, IIRC.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

"V" opens the value table window. CTRL+W "warps" a selected object to wherever you are looking. In Terrain Edit Mode, CTRL+V splits a quad into higher detail, while right-click-drag combines smaller quads into bigger ones.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thank you both. I will work on it more. Have had only a few issues and most of them in regards to the terrain objects and things that work with the terrain. I have made slight adjustments to multiple levels as it is and planning on a lot more. The puzzles were not really a big issue so far. Multiple new puzzles are already in play on my retail version and inplimenting new ones for the rest. Outside of the ph I am in the plains and finishing rest after I finish there.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

After all the issues am trying to start a new level. Will work on the puzzles etc thereto learn how everything works.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

After perusing the original docs and scripts I did find that more Dino’s were supposed to in game and never used or created probably. The gallimimus was one of them. I am having troubles getting one. I know there used to be a couple of levels people made with different Dino layer out in the basement. I found one but it only has the basic Dino’s in it. Can anyone point me to the rest?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:25 pm After perusing the original docs and scripts I did find that more Dino’s were supposed to in game and never used or created probably. The gallimimus was one of them. I am having troubles getting one. I know there used to be a couple of levels people made with different Dino layer out in the basement. I found one but it only has the basic Dino’s in it. Can anyone point me to the rest?
I'm not certain as to which dinos you are referring to. If it's the galliminmus (spelling?), that can be found in tc-isle. I'm not sure if anyone ever ported it into another level (bad memory these days).
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Do you know what version and where I can get the guiapp? The isle level you are referring to I only had a demo and cannot get the level to open on tresed but I will be downloading the new one and try that way.

Gmax is my other problem. Nothing will open in it and I have it all set up as shown. I don’t know what is wrong with it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

You can download GUIApp CE here:
https://www.trescom.org/download/trespasser-ce-tools/

The link to the TC Isle download is in Rebel's signature. You can also download the level anthology on TresCom here:
https://www.trescom.org/download/tresco ... -act-i-iv/
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thank you.. thats what I needed