My Trespasser VR game!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

OhlsonAnimation
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

My Trespasser VR game!

Post by OhlsonAnimation »

Hello lovely people! A while back I posted my animated trespasser concept for an upcoming project which is to make a VR game out of Trespasser.
Work is still underway and I work on this when I find myself having some spare time. This is how it looks so far :)

https://youtu.be/dDgWe0fhBrs

Much love!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: My Trespasser VR game!

Post by TheIdiot »

Those dinosaur animations remain fantastic. Looks pretty neat!

Have you tried contacting s13n1, who is also working on a Trespasser VR remake? You guys might be able to work together to get a proper Trespasser remake finished! :)
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Post by Double_G »

I would love to give this a try on my Quest 2. I assume this is running as a standalone Quest app. The size of your guardian boundary must be enormous, but i bet it completely gets rid of any motion sickness lol
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Very cool! I wish there were more walkable VR experiences like this. The fact that there is a Trespasser one is awesome. Nice job!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Very cool stuff. Considering that you're actually playing outside in an area that somewhat matches your in-game area, it's more like Augmented Reality (AR) rather than Virtual Reality (VR).
OhlsonAnimation
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

TheIdiot wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:31 pm Those dinosaur animations remain fantastic. Looks pretty neat!

Have you tried contacting s13n1, who is also working on a Trespasser VR remake? You guys might be able to work together to get a proper Trespasser remake finished! :)
Thanks man! No I haven't. Any contact info like instagram or something where I can reach him? Would be fun! :)
Double_G wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:16 pm I would love to give this a try on my Quest 2. I assume this is running as a standalone Quest app. The size of your guardian boundary must be enormous, but i bet it completely gets rid of any motion sickness lol
Yeah I turned off the guardian completely. Considering I built this game to match the exact environment I knew I didn't have to worry about bumping into stuff :) The max guardian when it's turned on is only 10x10 meters. However it means that this particular place is the only place where this game can be played of course. For future stuff I'll develop a lot of games which can be played on a standard flat tennis court or similar so that more people can enjoy.

And thank you all in this community! You guys showed me how I can rip the actual game files from the game, saving me a lot of time. Before that I was orbiting every object in game and photoscanned them by recording a video of it. It took so long to clean up and make UV maps etc.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

OhlsonAnimation wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:45 pm
TheIdiot wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:31 pm Have you tried contacting s13n1, who is also working on a Trespasser VR remake? You guys might be able to work together to get a proper Trespasser remake finished! :)
Thanks man! No I haven't. Any contact info like instagram or something where I can reach him? Would be fun! :)
Not that I know of, unfortunately, but you can PM him on this forum. :)

Also, a friendly reminder - just make sure that if you're posting multiple times in a row on the same day with nobody in-between (double-posting), just make sure you're editing your previous post using the " (edit) button in the top-right of your post instead of making new ones. I will combine your previous posts for you. :wink:
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

What engine are you developing in Ohlson?
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
OhlsonAnimation
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

codemuk3y wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:07 am What engine are you developing in Ohlson?
I am using Unreal Engine. I build the world, rig, animate and all that stuff in Autodesk Maya. Then bring it over to Unreal Engine 5 to do the build of the game.
codemuk3y
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by codemuk3y »

Neat, I'm also looking at Unreal 5 and making a VR remake, if you want to bounce ideas
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" Isaac Newton
tatu

Post by tatu »

Greetings from a fellow Swede!

This is amazing. The fact that you even photo-scanned a real area to make this makes it even more impressive. I can't wait to see more. :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
OhlsonAnimation
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

codemuk3y wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:07 pm Neat, I'm also looking at Unreal 5 and making a VR remake, if you want to bounce ideas
Absolutely! Hit me up on instagram. that's the only social media app I use. @ohlsonanimation