Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Post by gooplieslime »

Hey, I am new to the forums and I wanted to share these dinosaurs with the Trescom community to use. You may have seen the Troodon and Herrarasaurus in the Trescom 20th Anniversary thread with pictures. You can use em for your mods and such. The zip file provided contains the dinosaurs along with Mediafire links to other dinosaur releases! Happy modding everyone! :D
JWE Giga https://www.mediafire.com/file/cl1cf0br ... a.zip/file
JWD Rex & JWD Giga https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5peprcx ... a.zip/file

UPDATE;
Heres a pack with some dinosaurs I previously released in this thread with newer ones as well
such as the Operation Genesis Acrocanthosaurus to Evolutions Proceratosaurus.
Hope you enjoy this release!
Dino Pack 1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/eymeo56q ... 1.zip/file
Dino Pack 2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/vb5btopm ... 2.zip/file
Low Poly Saurs https://www.mediafire.com/file/hxkrr3wh ... s.zip/file
Attachments
HERRAR&TROODON.rar
Contains JPTG Herrar & Troodon
(278.93 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Last edited by gooplieslime on Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: 2 Dinosaur release.

Post by tatu »

As said on the Discord, it is amazing to see new dinosaurs being added to Trespasser :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

tatu wrote:As said on the Discord, it is amazing to see new dinosaurs being added to Trespasser :)
thank youu. :)
I have shown other dinosaurs in the Trescom Discord. I recently released on there some Carnivores dinosaurs for Trespasser.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Good work.
I've personally never been a fan of the cartoony looking Troodon from JPTG, but your model looks more believable.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Nick3069 wrote:Good work.
I've personally never been a fan of the cartoony looking Troodon from JPTG, but your model looks more believable.
The head was very very iffy, I chose the Primal Prey's Troodon model for creating the Troodon, added the feathers, big eyes and the texture to it and made it the JPTG one, also thank you.
Profile done by Mortis.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

These and your others are great to see in Tres. I think sometimes we get caught up with general Tres things and forget to give the Dinos their due.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Draconisaurus wrote:These and your others are great to see in Tres. I think sometimes we get caught up with general Tres things and forget to give the Dinos their due.
I mean ATX patch and other applications and programs to help create custom trespasser levels been made and worked on mostly than new dinosaurs for the community. Like we get small sprinkles of new dinos and pounds of content for programs,applications and patches for Trespasser. Dinosaurs mostly stop the repetitive appearances of the retail dinos like Trex's, Velociraptors and Albertosaurs, which I can feel which is dealing with the same creature over and over and over again and just being repackaged.
Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Late but welcome to the site! :)

Your creatures are quite nice, I'm exceptionally happy to see someone bringing Telltale dinosaurs into the game - I'd wanted to do the same for my Return to Jurassic Park mod. I do miss the look of Telltale's troodon, though...it's a bit goofy-looking but I honestly believe that they look very befitting of antagonistic dinosaurs. Troodon was once believed to have very large eyes like that so it fits the 90s perception of dinosaurs. In fact I don't think it's that much of a stretch past the JP3 Raptors which look almost comically evil.
You say you took the troodon from Primal Prey? I'd like to see some of the Primal Prey dinosaurs converted for Trespasser, even if they're very low-poly as they're some of my favourites of all-time. I hear you've done some Carnivores dinosaurs as well which is exciting (although I absolutely despise the look of the Carnivores dinosaurs for the most part, with the exception of some of the later ones from the remake like dilophosaurus and iguanodon, I'd been wanting to use them regardless for a Carnivores-inspired hunting level :wink: ).

My one suggestion is perhaps to take a bit of a closer look at your UV-mapping on the models as there are a lot of visible seams and blurry portions to the textures, which will be more noticable with the newer rendering options of CE.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote:Late but welcome to the site! :)

Your creatures are quite nice, I'm exceptionally happy to see someone bringing Telltale dinosaurs into the game - I'd wanted to do the same for my Return to Jurassic Park mod. I do miss the look of Telltale's troodon, though...it's a bit goofy-looking but I honestly believe that they look very befitting of antagonistic dinosaurs. Troodon was once believed to have very large eyes like that so it fits the 90s perception of dinosaurs. In fact I don't think it's that much of a stretch past the JP3 Raptors which look almost comically evil.
You say you took the troodon from Primal Prey? I'd like to see some of the Primal Prey dinosaurs converted for Trespasser, even if they're very low-poly as they're some of my favourites of all-time. I hear you've done some Carnivores dinosaurs as well which is exciting (although I absolutely despise the look of the Carnivores dinosaurs for the most part, with the exception of some of the later ones from the remake like dilophosaurus and iguanodon, I'd been wanting to use them regardless for a Carnivores-inspired hunting level :wink: ).

My one suggestion is perhaps to take a bit of a closer look at your UV-mapping on the models as there are a lot of visible seams and blurry portions to the textures, which will be more noticable with the newer rendering options of CE.
Yeah I been having trouble with the UV-mapping with seams and the texture looking pretty blurry. but I recently managed to actually fix the jptg models so now they can no longer have seams on their polygons along with their UV when I lower their polygon count. Also Yeah I took the troodon from Primal Prey, the model looks pretty nice along with every other dinosaur model in that game, along with the carnivores franchise from the og Carnivores 1 to ice age along with the mobile ports ` definitely original designed ` dinosaurs which the new canon style update made them look a bit more close to the carnivores art-style but still have the modern animal proportions.
Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

but I recently managed to actually fix the jptg models so now they can no longer have seams on their polygons along with their UV when I lower their polygon count.
That's great! I'd love to have the Telltale dinosaurs in Trespasser. Have you tried the same process with the dinosaurs from the Jurassic World games as well? I've tried converting them to Tres but I found they lost so much detail they looked terrible.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote:
but I recently managed to actually fix the jptg models so now they can no longer have seams on their polygons along with their UV when I lower their polygon count.
That's great! I'd love to have the Telltale dinosaurs in Trespasser. Have you tried the same process with the dinosaurs from the Jurassic World games as well? I've tried converting them to Tres but I found they lost so much detail they looked terrible.
I haven't yet, but I will do that as soon as I get home, cause currently I'm at school. I will do the same process on the Jurassic World's evolution Giga and Jurassic World Alives Oviraptor. Jurassic World Alive doesn't have every dinosaur in my phone cause how it works, it downloads dinosaurs when you encounter them, like their assets and models and such. I managed to get a glimpse of the Gen 2 Oviraptor on my map and managed to extract the model and its texture.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

I got real evidence I totally ported a Jurassic World model to a lower poly model

real..
Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gooplieslime wrote:I got real evidence I totally ported a Jurassic World model to a lower poly model
Not too bad, did you completely replace the model with a new one? And what's the face count like? You might be able to go a bit higher with your detail as CE seems to support models up to 3071 faces.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote:
gooplieslime wrote:I got real evidence I totally ported a Jurassic World model to a lower poly model
Not too bad, did you completely replace the model with a new one? And what's the face count like? You might be able to go a bit higher with your detail as CE seems to support models up to 3071 faces.

The model is basically the same one from the game, but I lowered its face count, and now it has 966 Faces.
Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gooplieslime wrote:
TheIdiot wrote:

The model is basically the same one from the game, but I lowered its face count, and now it has 966 Faces.
You might be able to squeeze in more detail as it looks rather basic right now. Maybe try something closer to 2000 faces with your next creation? This one fits well in with retail Tres, but a lot of custom maps use higher-poly dinosaurs, like the JPOG ones, so the low-poly look of this one would be a bit jarring. I especially like this giganotosaur model so I'd be happy to be able to use it in a future level.