Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I have a question here. Can you shrink the Dino’s down and get same behavior or do they change when shrink down. I want to make families of different species and have the behavior the same.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Bryankd2015 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:51 pm I have a question here. Can you shrink the Dino’s down and get same behavior or do they change when shrink down. I want to make families of different species and have the behavior the same.
Shrinking a dinosaur down will only change the size and the scripting will not change, the hitboxes will be messed up if your doing this to a duplicated dinosaur where the original hitbox doesnt fit the scaled down duplicate.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Shrinking a dinosaur down will only change the size and the scripting will not change, the hitboxes will be messed up if your doing this to a duplicated dinosaur where the original hitbox doesnt fit the scaled down duplicate.
If I make the hit boxes visible when shrink and all them shrink with it that might work. I just wasn’t sure if it would change the dinosaur any or not so thank you for the input.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Changing the scale of a dinosaur can have weird results. If you looks at Redwood Road by morningstarring, there is a young T. Rex with 2 adults, the young one is a shrunken clone and unlike the other 2, it runs around like crazy., holds its head up high, and its hit box is too big.
To properly rescale a dino, I think you also need to change the dinosaur's Width, Height, HeadReach, and TailReach values.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Thanks Nick
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Basically, you need to make a new "base" model with new parameters.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I got a couple of them done. I am going to export them and post when I get a chance they seem to work fine as long as the hidden areas are resized at the same time.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Geosternbergia Model
Possible CAnimal & Static Flying model.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Looks amazing!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

gooplieslime wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:24 pm Geosternbergia Model
Possible CAnimal & Static Flying model.
Nice. Just what I needed for one of my projects.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

This is something we've needed for far too long in Trespasser, I'm very glad to see it being worked on.

Isn't this based on the concept art for the Lost World pteranodon, though? The design that didn't make it into the film? Never heard of geosternbergia. I suppose this could be adjusted to match the final TLW pteranodon's crest with a bit of editing.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:33 am This is something we've needed for far too long in Trespasser, I'm very glad to see it being worked on.

Isn't this based on the concept art for the Lost World pteranodon, though? The design that didn't make it into the film? Never heard of geosternbergia. I suppose this could be adjusted to match the final TLW pteranodon's crest with a bit of editing.
Yeah Its supposed to be the Lost World pteranodon, specifically a male variant but its technically geosternbergia but its referred to as pteranodon during film production. Its a complex confusion with this animal since its design is referred to as pteranodon in merchandise for the movie and even now still. Theres a female pteranodon animatronic that was scrapped which looks similar to geosternbergia which hammers in that geosternbergia is a male pteranodon variant, or its stan winston reusing a design and editing it and I'm going a bit too far about it.

Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Huh, I didn't know they did an animatronic pteranodon, they must have gotten further with that original "pteranodon attack" ending than I'd thought. That animatronic looks fairly similar to the CGI version that appears at the end of the film, though the one in the movie doesn't seem to have fur and has a different shape to the head. I've looked up geosternbergia and it seems at one point it was classified as a subspecies of pteranodon, which would explain why the concept art shows both animals as variants of pteranodon. It looks like the "geosternbergia" version never made it past the drawing-board (to clarify, the "pteranodon" version of the concept art is the one that made it into merchandise - the "geosternbergia" one only exists as concept art from what I can tell) as the animatronic seems to be based on this variation of the concept art:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
CGI version:
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

I dont have much to say other than this

Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Been doing some stuff with recreating the 3DS max velociraptor models and the infamous Green Trex and putting them into Trespasser with new textures. They have new skins, the Green Rex uses some of the reference material it was created it, mainly the face. The velociraptor are currently using the original JP velociraptor skin. Need to create the lost world males and female textures. The dinosaurs use the dds texture method which the texture will be low quality in TresEd and ingame but when I include dds files the dinosaurs textures will look high quality. The velociraptor & tyrannosaur textures are basically only 1 texture or 2 so they'll look pretty low quality if you play Trespasser CE without the using the dds feature. Also I think I will make a segmented part version of the textures since other modders prob don't use the dds method and prefer having non-bump mapped dinos.
Profile done by Mortis.