Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by TheIdiot »

As much as I like the TC Isle dinosaurs, I wouldn't say they necessarily match the original Trespasser dinosaurs visually. They have their own more realistic style, like the rest of TC Isle's models. Can't say I've ever seen anyone try and create a brand-new dinosaur in the same style as the original game, with the segmented textures, boxy shapes, and that very specific normal-mapped skin look.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:03 pm You forgot the Gallimimus (spelling?) as well.
Oh yeah the Gallimimus model! Somehow forgot about that one.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That's an interesting point. New Dinosaurs in the style of original Tres ones. I don't that's quite happened. There are some mods of the original Raptors in JPDS, such as the plains Raptor, if you want to look at that.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

There was someone at the Discord who recently created new dino skins and models based on the original Tres style, but I don’t think they released them. Just nice pictures.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

MikeTheRaptor wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:04 pm There was someone at the Discord who recently created new dino skins and models based on the original Tres style, but I don’t think they released them. Just nice pictures.
Yeah, they made new dinos based on the original Tres style and yeah they didnt release them for the public. Guessing it was just a personal thing for them.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Damn now I forget what those looked like.
tatu

Post by tatu »

gooplieslime wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:26 pm
MikeTheRaptor wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:04 pm There was someone at the Discord who recently created new dino skins and models based on the original Tres style, but I don’t think they released them. Just nice pictures.
Yeah, they made new dinos based on the original Tres style and yeah they didnt release them for the public. Guessing it was just a personal thing for them.
Still waiting for your public releases of all the other ones you've shown off ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Any screenshots available for the non-Discord crowd? :wink:

Forgot to say - I like that suchomimus a lot. I much prefer the original JW website designs of the dinosaurs that appeared in the later JW movies/games, especially the baryonyx in particular. They look a lot more JP-ish than the weird, rounded, Hanna-Barbera-esque dinosaurs that appear in those movies. I hope you do the JW website baryonyx as well at some point...I did a re-skin of the JPDS suchomimus as that particular baryonyx for the early version of my Return to Jurassic Park mod, but it isn't the best due to the funny UV mapping and overall shape of that model.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:25 am
Any screenshots available for the non-Discord crowd? :wink:

Forgot to say - I like that suchomimus a lot. I much prefer the original JW website designs of the dinosaurs that appeared in the later JW movies/games, especially the baryonyx in particular. They look a lot more JP-ish than the weird, rounded, Hanna-Barbera-esque dinosaurs that appear in those movies. I hope you do the JW website baryonyx as well at some point...I did a re-skin of the JPDS suchomimus as that particular baryonyx for the early version of my Return to Jurassic Park mod, but it isn't the best due to the funny UV mapping and overall shape of that model.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Cannot provide pictures at this moment right now, also thanks! I'm currently editing a Tyrannosaurus model and I do plan on making the JW website designs of the baryonyx that we never saw in film until fallen kingdom which gave us crocodile-onyx. Since they were just commissions to fill in the website, and the designs instead were only used in side media like Evolution had the Metri and Suchomimus from the website. Also great JW website baryonyx reskin of the JPDS Suchomimus!
Profile done by Mortis.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

To be clear, the Sucho in JPDS was taken from The Lagoon, by chronzerg, a level I highly recommend for anyone interested in getting lost in a wet, fetid, Dino-filled micro-environment.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:49 pm To be clear, the Sucho in JPDS was taken from The Lagoon, by chronzerg, a level I highly recommend for anyone interested in getting lost in a wet, fetid, Dino-filled micro-environment.
Forgot about that, mainly because every time I've played The Lagoon he's stayed in the water the entire time so that you can't see him! That level also has an unused, incorrectly-rigged liopleurodon in its basement which I always assumed was originally intended for the lake in the centre of the map instead.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

TheIdiot wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:25 am Any screenshots available for the non-Discord crowd? :wink:
Hopefully the member over at the Discord channel doesn't mind posting his work here, but here's the work he did on a Steve Kirk-inspired "vanilla Tres style" Corythosaurus.
Hopefully he can release this on the Discord and maybe the forums as I love his work, especially with the bumpmapping detail, and the fact that this would fit right in with the original Tres dinos.
I'd place maybe one or two of these guys in the Ascent levels to give a bit more dino variety to the latter half of the game :p

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Since credit is important, the guy's name is Jorge Gabriel. And Steve Kirk's an excellent resource for this stuff. Idk if I might ever do new Dinos in his style, that would be rather appealing.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That corythosaurus is awesome, looks right out of the game! I'm not so interested in using the older Tres models at the moment but that would fit amazingly well into any levels using a lot of retail assets.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TI, we'll convert you to the glories of Classic Tres, yet. Drac chuckles in satisfaction as the Isla Sorna mod oozes into his brain.