Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by TheIdiot »

A younger animal would have a somewhat "cute" look to it, with bigger eyes relative to the head and possibly stumpier limbs. The colouration might be different as well, perhaps a bit brighter or with stripes which fade away over time - something common in reptiles. Since a tyrannosaur is related to birds to some degree, you might take characteristics from young birds as well, though they tend to quickly start to look adult once they exit the chick phase. Most notable is the change in plumage, so stripes present on a young dinosaur might be gone or faded as an adult.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
I think the TLW designers did a good job with their young T. Rex, so I would imagine a juvenille to be somewhere between the TLW baby Rex and the adult. Presumably the colouration for all young Rexes might be similar but the colour could fade over time to that brownish/grey shade of the adult female in Jurassic Park
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Taking some info on that, also I noticed buck rex has brighter colors than the other trex in Jurassic park 3 which had its colors more faded. Although its smaller and maybe some dwarfed trex? Since theres nothing stated on its age. The only thing I can guess about it is being an elder trex that has dwarfism?? Please correct me on that please.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gooplieslime wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:23 am Taking some info on that, also I noticed buck rex has brighter colors than the other trex in Jurassic park 3 which had its colors more faded. Although its smaller and maybe some dwarfed trex? Since theres nothing stated on its age. The only thing I can guess about it is being an elder trex that has dwarfism?? Please correct me on that please.
The JP3 Rex's animatronic is the same as the green Rex in JP3, so it's the same size. They repainted it for JP3 - the faded colours are probably just a result of them doing something different in that movie (none of the dinosaurs in JP3 look like the versions in the previous movies, after all). You can tell as it has the same scratch marks on its face as the Lost World version. Not sure about the CGI model.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:33 pm The JP3 Rex's animatronic is the same as the green Rex in JP3, so it's the same size. They repainted it for JP3 - the faded colours are probably just a result of them doing something different in that movie (none of the dinosaurs in JP3 look like the versions in the previous movies, after all). You can tell as it has the same scratch marks on its face as the Lost World version. Not sure about the CGI model.
I know they did do that, but the Rex looks barely different from all of the dinos featured in JP3 aside from the stego which only had the young stegosaurs have a different shapes for their plates.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Been attempting to make the Tyrannosaurs Textures color accurate to this maquette. Have no idea how to make the colors be specifically light or dark colors since I'm still trying to figure GIMP out-

Profile done by Mortis.

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

That T. Rex is looking very good.
In GIMP, go to the Colors menu at the top and select Hue-Saturation and mess with those sliders. I downloaded your picture and set the Hue to -5, Lightness to -40, and the Saturation to -20 and I think it's pretty close to your reference image.
Attachments
image2.png
image2.png (299.54 KiB) Viewed 5769 times
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Nick3069 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:20 am That T. Rex is looking very good.
In GIMP, go to the Colors menu at the top and select Hue-Saturation and mess with those sliders. I downloaded your picture and set the Hue to -5, Lightness to -40, and the Saturation to -20 and I think it's pretty close to your reference image.
I think that could work. Although the white underbelly I can't get really create cause of how GIMP makes lighter colors only black and white. Maybe a secondary program I need to use to create the white underbelly? Don't know what program can allow lighter colors to be created.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Just recently created a Spinoraptor and ported it to Trespasser. Gonna set up the dds high quality textures for it.

Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase

Post by gooplieslime »

Heres a pack of CAnimals I have released!
This file groups up the old dinosaur releases I made and group them up with newer dinosaurs I havent released in Trescom.
Hope you all enjoy the new dinos.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eymeo56q ... 1.zip/file
Profile done by Mortis.

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Amazing, I will put this up on TresCom!

As we got an email on an earlier dinosaur release, is there any dinosaurs in here that was taken from another mod/game etc that we should give credits to? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

tatu wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:33 am Amazing, I will put this up on TresCom!

As we got an email on an earlier dinosaur release, is there any dinosaurs in here that was taken from another mod/game etc that we should give credits to? :)
Most of the dinosaurs are from other games and only 1 originated from a TresCom asset
Spinoraptor is an edit of the TresCom Ops raptor.
Acro & Carchar originate from Operation Genesis.
Cityscape Giga & Nano originate from Carnivores Cityscape.
Herrar and Troodon's textures originate from Telltales Jurassic Park Game.
JPTrike and Web Sucho are primarily original but use edited images from Universal such as concept art Trike and the JW Sucho.
Mammoth originates from Carnivores Ice Age.
JWD Giga & JWD Rex originate from Jurassic World Alive.
JWE Giga & Proceratosaurus originates from JWE.
Geosternberia's model & Therizinosaurus & The Steve Kirk Dilo which is an edit of the Dino King Dilophosaurus originate from Dinosaur King DS.
Lambeo originates from Primal Prey.

Those are all the dinosaurs and the media they originate from.
Profile done by Mortis.

tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Awesome, thanks!

We should make a list of dinosaurs from various games and have a checklist of everything that has been converted to the game :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

gooplieslime wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:44 am Been attempting to make the Tyrannosaurs Textures color accurate to this maquette. Have no idea how to make the colors be specifically light or dark colors since I'm still trying to figure GIMP out-

Awsome tyrannosaurus that would be a delightful piece to trespasser
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

update;
So, I been showing a bit more dinos on the discord than here. So, I recently started making a spinosaur for Trespasser. An original model so yippie.
I actually managed to change my method of `coloring ` textures. So I can make the maquette tyrannosaurs colors now.
Forgot to mention, I made a stegosaur as well. I just havent shown it yet to the discord or here. The Tyrannosaur got changes to its texture and I feel confident to continuing it, but I need to do something for a friend that I can't put on hold for long. So hope I get their request done. I'll upload images of those dinos later, hope you all have a wonderful day.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Heres the picture of the Stegosaur, Tyrannosaur and Spinosaur
Attachments
Dinosars.PNG
Dinosars.PNG (446.93 KiB) Viewed 5366 times
Profile done by Mortis.