Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by gooplieslime »

Anyways! I have created an original Spinosaurus model for Trespasser. Finished the model and its textures!

Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That looks pretty good, man. The biggest snafu when dealing with adding new dinosaurs is how the mesh matches up to the existing skeletons. How well it rigs. ;)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks pretty cool! A lot chunkier than the skinny little JPOG spino we usually use, which is a good thing. The joints look a lot better on this model than your older ones as well. The only thing I would suggest is creating a seperate texture for the back/belly of the spino where the texture is stretched in order to prevent it from stretching, or extending the textures upward a bit and adjusting the UV map of the back/belly to be a bit wider in order to correct the stretching. :)
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:49 am Looks pretty cool! A lot chunkier than the skinny little JPOG spino we usually use, which is a good thing. The joints look a lot better on this model than your older ones as well. The only thing I would suggest is creating a seperate texture for the back/belly of the spino where the texture is stretched in order to prevent it from stretching, or extending the textures upward a bit and adjusting the UV map of the back/belly to be a bit wider in order to correct the stretching. :)
Yeah, the torsos texture and the streched uv maps are the only issues the model has. I mainly need to remove the arm and leg for the dinosaurs torso underside. I only have GIMP to edit like smudge it which will ruin the texture quality a bit since I really don't know how to add those details back in once I do that-

Anyways hope I do success on this dinosaur. :)
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

I like the Spino. It does seem slightly on the chunky side, tho I think that's accurate to the CGI. I have noticed that the physical animatronic was different; leaner perhaps? I note that its snout was more narrow, and a bit better-look to my senses.

Do you have a tool in GIMP which is a soft-edged eraser? You could copy pieces of the texture and put them next to each other on different layers. The smooth-edge erase would help the pieces blend.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Draconisaurus wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:50 pm I like the Spino. It does seem slightly on the chunky side, tho I think that's accurate to the CGI. I have noticed that the physical animatronic was different; leaner perhaps? I note that its snout was more narrow, and a bit better-look to my senses.

Do you have a tool in GIMP which is a soft-edged eraser? You could copy pieces of the texture and put them next to each other on different layers. The smooth-edge erase would help the pieces blend.
I think I have the soft-edged eraser. I can try to do that technique of copying pieces of the texture and placing them next to each other on different layers. One thing I need to like do is creating completely original textures without the use of screenshots of dinosaur art, maquette's or animatronics to help me with it. My only issue is creating details on my textures like bumpmaps.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Managed to properly make the Spinosaurus texture look a bit better and made an underside texture for the torso. Also I was thinking of applying a bumpmap texture to my Spinosaurus model, I already tested with with the Dryosaurus so yippie....
Spoiler: show
Thinking of using the bumpmap feature for a small mod.... Although I want to learn a bit more stuff on Trespasser modding-.
and behold, the spinosaurus model currently!
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Currently thinking of making an original skin, specifically making a novel Dilophosaurus texture for the Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter scrapped Dilophosaurus model.
I have a color reference for the skin, which is Steve Kirks Dilophosaurus whose illustrations had some influence in the Jurassic Park franchise.
I think one example is pretty obvious, Trespasser's dinosaurs skins and the Gallimimus textures for the first movie.
The only texture work I done is assembling and editing some dinosaur textures. I want to go a little more advanced with this model.
Profile done by Mortis.

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That coloration is also just how they describe the Dilo in the JP novel. Would be nice to have around.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Draconisaurus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:21 pm That coloration is also just how they describe the Dilo in the JP novel. Would be nice to have around.
Yeah, think they also inspired the Kenner Ceratosaurus mini figurine. Don't have the illustration to show rn.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Ported the Primal Prey Lambeosaurus to Trespasser, currently need to fix and edit the model a bit before releasing it.

Profile done by Mortis.

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

So many new AI models :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Heres the Lambeosaurus release, enjoy!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gwe6koa1 ... o.zip/file
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

gooplieslime wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:11 pm Currently thinking of making an original skin, specifically making a novel Dilophosaurus texture for the Carnivores Dinosaur Hunter scrapped Dilophosaurus model.
I have a color reference for the skin, which is Steve Kirks Dilophosaurus whose illustrations had some influence in the Jurassic Park franchise.
I think one example is pretty obvious, Trespasser's dinosaurs skins and the Gallimimus textures for the first movie.
The only texture work I done is assembling and editing some dinosaur textures. I want to go a little more advanced with this model.
Uhhhh.... How do I properly create retextures? Tried to create one but it looked very ugly, any advice on how I can create retexture properly?
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Found the full body illustration of the TLW PS1 Concept art Staurikosaurus, can only show a small quality image at the moment. So once I get home I can provide a closeup of the illustration from a larger scale image. I might use it for a texture for a future Staurikosaurus CAnimal.

Profile done by Mortis.