Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by tatu »

Neat. Glad to hear about using the HD override feature. I think that is worth it. Can't wait to see more. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Heres progress on the 3Dsmax, currently working on its textures.
Making the male tiger stripe velociraptor texture for this one. I made a JP Velociraptor texture, but around that time that texture was made. The models arm looked a hideous so, I'm editing the model to be a bit more accurate to the 3Dsmax model we had renders of. So hope you'll all enjoy these 3Dsmax accuracy CAnimals.

Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
tatu

Post by tatu »

Looking good. I really like the eye(s) and the neck area, looks really high quality in this image. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Hello you did a terrific job on this although I want to make a custom dinosaur on Tpdc and you had masters it I have a model with textures although I'm confused because I don't know how to set multiple textures like other custom dinosaur and to set up the animal to work with ai and body structure please give out helpful tips.(especially half transparent textures teeth, spikes, etc) really the only thing I do much is roblox games.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Poor velociraptor... Was a victim of having too much vertices in its model..

Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

spinaxoraptor wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:10 am Hello you did a terrific job on this although I want to make a custom dinosaur on Tpdc and you had masters it I have a model with textures although I'm confused because I don't know how to set multiple textures like other custom dinosaur and to set up the animal to work with ai and body structure please give out helpful tips.(especially half transparent textures teeth, spikes, etc) really the only thing I do much is roblox games.
Here's an old tutorial I wrote (which isn't too visible for some reason):

https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... 536#p50536

EDIT: oh, and this one, too!

https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=4431
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Still trying to solve the verticies joint issue, I'm confused with why this low poly model is causing problems with the joints.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Alright, think I'm giving up on this replica of the 3Dsmax Velociraptor model. It barely works, I cant find the source of the error. The higher poly velociraptor in the second screenshot has no errors with the amount of vertices its joints has. I don't know how to solve this error. The model is low poly enough to not have any of these problems, but it has. I dont really know how to solve it.

ImageImage
Profile done by Mortis.

tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:03 pm
spinaxoraptor wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:10 am Hello you did a terrific job on this although I want to make a custom dinosaur on Tpdc and you had masters it I have a model with textures although I'm confused because I don't know how to set multiple textures like other custom dinosaur and to set up the animal to work with ai and body structure please give out helpful tips.(especially half transparent textures teeth, spikes, etc) really the only thing I do much is roblox games.

I think maybe we should move these two to the tutorial section instead? Should be easier to find than in the FAQ section :)
Alright, think I'm giving up on this replica of the 3Dsmax Velociraptor model. It barely works, I cant find the source of the error. The higher poly velociraptor in the second screenshot has no errors with the amount of vertices its joints has. I don't know how to solve this error. The model is low poly enough to not have any of these problems, but it has. I dont really know how to solve it.
It would suck to abandon it. It looks so great. Maybe machf has some clues? (as he is the only one here who otherwise really knows rigging of AI).

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:05 am
machf wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:03 pm

I think maybe we should move these two to the tutorial section instead? Should be easier to find than in the FAQ section :)
Yeah, it didn't exist back then...
It would suck to abandon it. It looks so great. Maybe machf has some clues? (as he is the only one here who otherwise really knows rigging of AI).
My guess is that the vertices need to be merged in MAX first before exporting to a .tpm file...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Message Machf for help with the Velociraptor joints issue. Seems like the CAnimals vertices are working properly. Although the billboard teeth and jaw muscle can be only seen from one side, which you can't see them from angles on the mouth.

Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

This is pretty good looking! The head in particular looks pretty realistic. Hopefully you get your problems fixed with this one - the transparency issue with the teeth and jaw can be fixed by duplicating the vertices for those parts and flipping their normals as Trespasser doesn't render backfaces. :)
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:03 pm This is pretty good looking! The head in particular looks pretty realistic. Hopefully you get your problems fixed with this one - the transparency issue with the teeth and jaw can be fixed by duplicating the vertices for those parts and flipping their normals as Trespasser doesn't render backfaces. :)
I would but since the joints worked after only having the billboard teeth and the jaw muscle be only seen from like outside view. I cant really do that although I have higher poly raptors that never had issues with the joints handling a somewhat medium amount of vertices
Profile done by Mortis.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

TheIdiot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:03 pm This is pretty good looking! The head in particular looks pretty realistic. Hopefully you get your problems fixed with this one - the transparency issue with the teeth and jaw can be fixed by duplicating the vertices for those parts and flipping their normals as Trespasser doesn't render backfaces. :)
You mean, duplicate the triangles, rather than the vertices...
gooplieslime wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 pm I would but since the joints worked after only having the billboard teeth and the jaw muscle be only seen from like outside view. I cant really do that although I have higher poly raptors that never had issues with the joints handling a somewhat medium amount of vertices
TPDC allows you to save the rigging data to a file and then load it back. SO what I'd do in the same situation (happened to me when I rigged the JPOG T-Rex) was save the data from the current rigged dinosaur, duplicate the triangles and flip their normals in MAX, export it again, load it into TPDC, and load the saved data from the other version... since the vertices are still the same and in the same place, it should work fine.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Just ported Giganotosaurus into Trespasser. Which is meant to match with the low poly Velociraptor & Tyrannosaurus rex CAnimals I shown off in this topic earlier.
Profile done by Mortis.