Gooples Dinosaur releases & Showcase !New pack!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: 2 Dinosaur release + New Dinosaur/ New Model uploads

Post by TheIdiot »

These dinosaurs are all pretty neat! The giganotosaur's rough normal maps look fairly similar to those of the original game, and I definitely appreciate you picking a design other than whatever the heck they were doing in the new JW movie.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:40 am These dinosaurs are all pretty neat! The giganotosaur's rough normal maps look fairly similar to those of the original game, and I definitely appreciate you picking a design other than whatever the heck they were doing in the new JW movie.
Nanmu Giga statue feels more Jurassic Park than big Concavenator that acts nothing like an antagonistic animal it was said to be but it actually acts like an animal that isn't another big search and kill creature, along with its design being evil animal or something like that.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

no questions
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Neat! One of these days, you'll release all these models ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Heres ingame screenshot of the Novel Dilo. In a new Undergrowth level-
Its looking pretty good now. Just need to apply some HD textures and maybe some bone editing.
Profile done by Mortis.

tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Those colours looks really nice and it fits very well into the game from that image. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Looking good although it isnt as accurate as the telltale game but I understand you had to lower the poly count:)
gooplieslime wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:13 am Heres ingame screenshot of the Novel Dilo. In a new Undergrowth level-
Its looking pretty good now. Just need to apply some HD textures and maybe some bone editing.
Pretty neat i will try doing a novel dino myself.
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: 2 Dinosaur release.

Post by spinaxoraptor »

gooplieslime wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:31 am I got real evidence I totally ported a Jurassic World model to a lower poly model

real..
Cool giganotosaurus I tried doing a trex myself but trespasser couldnt help its verts. :no:
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Retextured the JPOG spino and well, this a great start?
Profile done by Mortis.

spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

gooplieslime wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:59 am Retextured the JPOG spino and well, this a great start?
What software did you use for the reskin?
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

spinaxoraptor wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:59 am
gooplieslime wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:59 am Retextured the JPOG spino and well, this a great start?
What software did you use for the reskin?
I used Gimp
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Been focusing on making low poly JP accurate models, made a Triceratops model and currently working on a Tyrannosaurus Rex model.
Profile done by Mortis.

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

gooplieslime wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 am Retextured the JPOG spino and well, this a great start?
Not half bad, is that your first time using GIMP for a re-skin? One thing I still find rather tricky to this day is getting rid of patterns that are already pre-baked into the skin (such as the white stripe down the spinosaur's torso). You should be able to cover those by manually patching over them and then adding your own pattern to the skin. Another useful method is to take elements of a different texture, whether it be from a photograph, artwork, or another skin, and overlay them using layers on top of the old skin, and then blend them together to create a new texture. There is a great example of this in action in the "Barrel Full O' Raptors" pack available on the main forum, which includes the GIMP .xcf files and allows you to tweak the way they blend to give a number of variations.
I used to know a pretty good tutorial that demonstrated how to do new texture shapes from scratch which I used all the time, but I haven't seen it forever. Basically it involves using a lot of burning and patching to create depth and texture. It's a time-consuming process but can also be used to add to or modify another skin.
gooplieslime wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:49 am Been focusing on making low poly JP accurate models, made a Triceratops model and currently working on a Tyrannosaurus Rex model.
How's this going? Would love to see screenshots! I've recently been working on new JP1 skins for some of our older meshes myself.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say, that novel-style dilophosaurus looks badass. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a level in the future at all.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

TheIdiot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 am Not half bad, is that your first time using GIMP for a re-skin? One thing I still find rather tricky to this day is getting rid of patterns that are already pre-baked into the skin (such as the white stripe down the spinosaur's torso). You should be able to cover those by manually patching over them and then adding your own pattern to the skin. Another useful method is to take elements of a different texture, whether it be from a photograph, artwork, or another skin, and overlay them using layers on top of the old skin, and then blend them together to create a new texture. There is a great example of this in action in the "Barrel Full O' Raptors" pack available on the main forum, which includes the GIMP .xcf files and allows you to tweak the way they blend to give a number of variations.
I used to know a pretty good tutorial that demonstrated how to do new texture shapes from scratch which I used all the time, but I haven't seen it forever. Basically it involves using a lot of burning and patching to create depth and texture. It's a time-consuming process but can also be used to add to or modify another skin.
I think I done the patch process before with the other Spinosaurus model I was working on. I'll take that as a thought when I'm doing new reskins for JPOG Dinos. Along with looking into Tutorials and the .xcf files the "Barrel Full O' Raptors" have.
TheIdiot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 am How's this going? Would love to see screenshots! I've recently been working on new JP1 skins for some of our older meshes myself.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say, that novel-style dilophosaurus looks badass. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a level in the future at all.
It went great, I have a screenshot of the Triceratops. The screenshot had the Triceratops with a glowing RGB tail texture and some rigging errors I fixed. I'll update this post to include a new image of the Triceratops and the first screenshot once I get home from school, and the Tyrannosaurus Rex has most of its body done except the arms that I need to work on. I have a tough time with the texture for the model. I'm using the maquette the Tyrannosaurus Rex used which is this one I provided an image with;

I just need to make the texture use high quality images with their original colors since some of the images have a color tint to them.

EDIT//
Heres the Triceratops model in Trespasser in its first export to Trespasser, and the model in blender before
Along with the Tyrannosaurus Rex model.
Profile done by Mortis.

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

Has anyone have any ideas to make a young trex different from an adult?
Like physical appearance & colors.
Taking some inspiration from Blue's drawing of the Young & Juvenile Trex's, specifically their head shapes for the young trex.
Profile done by Mortis.