Castaway Level - Final Released (03/12/23)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Castaway Level - Final Released (03/12/23)

Post by tatu »

I would like to let you guys know that Rebel has released the final version in the main post. He's too busy with work at the moment, why the announcement was missed :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

Awsome job I couldnt do any better than this master piece if I could give a post 5 stars I would.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

HidiHo
Just a small update to castaway's final release. Notably, added a 2nd tool which can be used to gain
entrance into the buried ship's private room, some crates around the hilltop building (tres' old stack
puzzling method in lieu of using the ladder), fixed several out of place sub-objects, added a chair in-
side of the private room, lowered time for ship passing if beacon is aligned correctly.

Small download (8mbs) as it's just the grf/scn files. Note the changes made are not critical to level
play, they're just tweaks and small changes that I made after releasing the final. Bottom line, it isn't
necessary to update, it's optional.

Castaway_Final (optional update): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2bh23l30 ... e.zip/file
tatu

Post by tatu »

Neat. Busy with work and you still manage to work on this :)
I will get this up during the weekend!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I finally got around to playing the level from start to finish. It was pretty good, but frustrating. It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the church-like building and to figure out the generator sequence. I still have no idea how you're meant to go up to the top of the fort.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nick3069 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:28 am I finally got around to playing the level from start to finish. It was pretty good, but frustrating. It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the church-like building and to figure out the generator sequence. I still have no idea how you're meant to go up to the top of the fort.
I think people have trouble with the credit card hack is because everyone is used to simply slamming a
keycard against a reader (no finese involved). Once lined up, I can break into the building in about 10
seconds or so. Your other option is to break one of the large windows with either the pistol bow or the
colt then use the ladder (which is something of a bitch to set up against the wall (or if you downloaded
the final's update, you can gather some crates from the htb dock and the one on the porch and go the
old tres puzzle route to stack up the crates and gain access that way)). As far as the fort's high point,
I wasn't going to tell, but seeing that no one ever figured it out the solution is in the spoiler below.
Spoiler: show
Inside the fort where you find the sword and helmet touch the center of the archway that's walled up.
That'll teleport you to the roof. Just pull the friction pin. ;)
To get down, hop up on the wall opposite the cannon and go the backside's end (where the ocean is).
From there, hop down to the portion of wall still intact and level. Make certain Anne is in full health,
then make a running jump to the other side. You can't clear the entire span with the jump, but you'll
make it far enough that your initial contact point is high enough along the fractured wall that will al-
low you to survive (turn about, walk down the remaining portion of wall).

As far as the generator, there's a manual inside of the lighthouse (on the shelf) that has the correct
sequence for firing up the generator on the backside of the manual. Just tilt it up and bring it in into
Anne's face/camera to see it more clearly.
@Edit: Thanks, tatu. ;)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Rebel wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:04 pmYour other option is to break one of the large windows with either the pistol bow or the colt then use the ladder (which is something of a bitch to set up against the wall (or if you downloaded the final's update, you can gather some crates from the htb dock and the one on the porch and go the old tres puzzle route to stack up the crates and gain access that way)).
Ah, I was wondering why there was a ladder. I thought I had to use it to get up to fill the generator with fuel at first. I've thought about breaking a window, but it looked too high to get in so I abandoned the idea pretty quickly.
Yeah, I don't think I ever would have considered doing that to get up the fort. :lol:

I knew about the manual, but the writing was too small and pixelated to read, so I brute forced it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Ah, I was wondering why there was a ladder. I thought I had to use it to get up to fill the generator with fuel at first. I've thought about breaking a window, but it looked too high to get in so I abandoned the idea pretty quickly.
Yah, that's why I added the crates as an afterthought, Nick. I tested the ladder obviously, but it wasn't the easiest thing to use. It works yeah, but the old crate stacking is considerably easier to do.
Yeah, I don't think I ever would have considered doing that to get up the fort. :lol:
Reply:
I somewhat assumed someone would eventually stumble on the secret/easter egg, but I don't believe many people have played the level which I imagine is why no one uncovered it. T.I. requested that I
add a working cannon some where, but considering that the fort was abandoned 150+ years ago, I felt the only way of implementing the request was to make it a secret.
I knew about the manual, but the writing was too small and pixelated to read, so I brute forced it.
Spoiler Reply:
That's rather surprising. I just checked and so long as I bring it up to Anne's face/camera, I can read it. The texture does have a DDS file assigned to it as well, so it should have been clear on your end. I did
include a walkthru though, so the correct sequence for firing up the generator is there if someone else happens to get stumped.
Anyhoo, thanks for checking it out, Nick. :) Seeing that it's my last project, my hope was/is that some find it entertaining enough to play.

@Edit:
Castaway_Final_(Optional Update)#2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q6ms9uzv ... 2.zip/file

The above update includes the Final's 1st optional update as well. What is additional is a replace DDS file (genmanual3c) which is 4x larger than the original as
well as a 'zoom in' trigger when picking up the manual itself. Below, is a pic of how the writing now appears in game. If anyone else is having trouble reading
the manual the above update should eliminate that difficulty.
Attachments
manual_read.png
manual_read.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 12482 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm, when I attempt to play this level, it crashes a short ways from the end of the loading bar. I tried putting it inside the stand-alone Isla Sorna mod's folders, same problem. Ideas?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:35 pm Hmmmm, when I attempt to play this level, it crashes a short ways from the end of the loading bar. I tried putting it inside the stand-alone Isla Sorna mod's folders, same problem. Ideas?
Are you playing in CE or ATX? It's might be too graphically demanding for your CE settings. Might I suggest you try turning them down in trespasser.ini? I never had a problem with this level crashing, even in 4k (though it was quite laggy).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

CE. Huh I was using Software Mode, might fix that and try again.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Soooo I've finally started this level.
Turned the generator on behind the lighthouse, but couldn't get anything inside to work. Small hint? Saw the ruined wooden ship, quite beautiful. Would like to see it at the PH beach. Went around in the (Spanish, I assume) fortification, tried to use some items on the canon to no avail. Considered the wood stick as a melee but the knife suits me just fine... Made my way over to the mansion, but the door is locked. Unsure where to go next! But I want only vague-ish hints, I'm determined to become a better puzzle level player.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Power issue, huh? Whenever I have a power outage at my home, I check the breaker/fuse box. ;)
If you like melee weapons, check the fort again.