Strange sound issue on Trespasser CE?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

RavingRaptor
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Strange sound issue on Trespasser CE?

Post by RavingRaptor »

Has anyone else had any sound problems on Trespasser CE?

Animal footsteps, attack sounds as well as object sounds can be heard too much when even very very far away from them.
The sounds are kinda boomy and echoy but that might be due to the volume of them being right up close.

Trespasser seem to be the only game affected and only the CE version, my DxWnd version of Tres Twilight does not have the sound issue nor does any other game.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Strange sound issue on Trespasser CE?

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a note the echoyness might be the "EAX" audio environments that some computers can hear. As for the too-close sound, I'd thought that was only for new sounds imported by fans... Hard to remember now, I think we had to ask the creator of CE to fix that as he made it.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Hopefully someone knows the answer. I do know the issue was reported to Lee and it is a CE specific issue.
What you could look if to see if you got OpenAl installed (or install it) and see if it is enabled in the trespasser.ini file :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I never had this problem, even using C.E. for the most part now. Even with imported dino sounds, the distance calculations are correct. When the dinos are far away, the
sound, sounds far away and quiet. About all I can think of is that is may be related to certain sound cards. I don't have EAX, so maybe that is indeed the problem -
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Try changing "UseAL=true" to "UseAL=false" in trespasser.ini. Just tested it myself and there is a definite difference with it turned off and on. If that doesn't work, you can try changing the other settings under the "[SoundOpenAL]" header