So, I Met Seamus Blackley...

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: So, I Met Seamus Blackley...

Post by scallenger »

Yeah I know, and I actually like that game! We all make mistakes, children.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Hilwo wrote:You forgot the LEGO Jurassic game, though :wink:
It could be argued that it's not a Jurassic World game, it's a LEGO game. Plus it's not exclusively Jurassic World either, you get to play through JP, TLW, and JP3.

It's nice to have the HD trailer, much better than that bootleg recording we had before. :lol:

Interesting that the gameplay prototype was a 2D game and he had planned to turn it into a 3D game later, but he is very vague with the details here. Was the 2D prototype a top-down RTS (à la Chaos Island), a top-down action game (à la Jurassic Park SNES), or a side-scroller (à la The Chaos Continues)? Was the 3D update going to turn it into a tactical FPS like Star Wars Republic Commando?
During the part where he talks about the gameplay, there is footage of a 3D scene with a girl and a raptor standing in the jungle, what is that exactly? Just an example of the 3D assets?
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Yeah it's just some assets that I had dug up that he confirmed were for it, and honestly just used to fill in the time of the video there. You see them again in part 3 (there isn't more of them, sadly). I know it only sort of went with what he was talking about at the moment, but that's what happens when you have an audio-only interview and you are trying to figure out what to cut to since I can't just show us talking since we didn't record video of us (I wanted to, but he was in an area where his service was too low for it).
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Part 3, the final part, is now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mziQWpmig
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Billy Brennan huh? I wouldn't have guessed he's the man in the concept art. Seeing as that character was irresponsibly impulsive in JP3, I guess the game would have served as as a redemption for the character. The game would have taken place on Isla Sorna, but based on the trailer, I would have guessed it would take place on the mainland. The idea of befriending, taming, and controlling dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals sounds fun and interesting, but also unrealistic. It makes sense for Owen to have a bond with Blue because he raised her since she was a hatchling and even he doesn't have full control of her. The way Seamus describes it, it sounds like Billy would be able to tame and control adult T. Rexes and other adult apex predators to basically form an army of dinosaurs to fight an army of human soldiers. I think that's going overboard, just stick with the raptors.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

scallenger wrote:Part 3, the final part, is now up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mziQWpmig
Finally sat down for part 3, really enjoyed it :D Thanks for sticking the landing, great content!