Back at it…

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: Back at it…

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:Fairly awesome. Did someone already mention? This'd be great in the community mod somewhere, as we're working on at this time.
Thank you, this one is so much better than the ones I’ve did before. Actually loved making this and really starting to think about a comic type of thing, telling the Trespasser story as the walkthrough describes it. That might be a bit of a big undertaking.

If I can help in any kind of way with my drawings on anything, I’ll be honored to help out, if I can…
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

PierceHill wrote:Proud to show you guys the final result!
And rightly so, looks great! :D
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Hilwo wrote:
PierceHill wrote:Proud to show you guys the final result!
And rightly so, looks great! :D
Thank you!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I really like this. Looks good to see a new fan-art that feels like a cover to the game. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

tatu wrote:I really like this. Looks good to see a new fan-art that feels like a cover to the game. :)
Thank you very much, great compliment to get!
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

I am wondering, if I may start a graphic novel on Trespasser, what would be the best way to go? Do I take the original '97 script? Do I follow the game as is? Will I put Anne's travel switching with Hammond's memoir? Or will I make the two stories seperate? One survival story, one memoir story.

Than there is the problem, do i take Tres' Site B, or the movie one? Will I merge the two in one story? If I do this I will go all analog drawing on this, digital is not really my thing, I came to that conclusion trying to do the cover digital, even with a drawing tablet, it doesn't have "the feel" for it...

So many decisions....

Not unimportant to say the least, is anyone interested in a Trespasser graphic novel style?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm hearing a lot of ideas, and things that take a ton of time. Maybe consider what resources you have to do the artwork.
tatu

Post by tatu »

PierceHill wrote:I am wondering, if I may start a graphic novel on Trespasser, what would be the best way to go? Do I take the original '97 script? Do I follow the game as is? Will I put Anne's travel switching with Hammond's memoir? Or will I make the two stories seperate? One survival story, one memoir story.

Than there is the problem, do i take Tres' Site B, or the movie one? Will I merge the two in one story? If I do this I will go all analog drawing on this, digital is not really my thing, I came to that conclusion trying to do the cover digital, even with a drawing tablet, it doesn't have "the feel" for it...

So many decisions....

Not unimportant to say the least, is anyone interested in a Trespasser graphic novel style?
A graphic novel would me amazing.
My suggestion is to go with whatever will work for you, and you find fun. Mix stuff if you want, you don't have to make it exactly like the game. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:I'm hearing a lot of ideas, and things that take a ton of time. Maybe consider what resources you have to do the artwork.
No lack of ideas, maybe I’ll just start and see where it’ll end up, I do want to bring movie and game more together, for example the town, the hunters camp as described in the ‘97 tutorial. I’m having the official games guide on it’s way and of course all the books, the making of, anniversary book, so plenty of resources to go from…
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

tatu wrote:
PierceHill wrote:I am wondering, if I may start a graphic novel on Trespasser, what would be the best way to go? Do I take the original '97 script? Do I follow the game as is? Will I put Anne's travel switching with Hammond's memoir? Or will I make the two stories seperate? One survival story, one memoir story.

So many decisions....

A graphic novel would me amazing.
My suggestion is to go with whatever will work for you, and you find fun. Mix stuff if you want, you don't have to make it exactly like the game. :)

Maybe just some points of recognition, and fill in the rest in creativity…
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Which Tres versions are you familiar with already?
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:Which Tres versions are you familiar with already?
Mainly just the game and did a read on the original walkthrough, that’s about it, how many versions are there?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

There are a few, not all agreeing with each other, some only evidenced by photos. What parts are you interested in?
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:There are a few, not all agreeing with each other, some only evidenced by photos. What parts are you interested in?
Actually all of them, I never knew there was so much, I thought the original walkthrough and script were the basics of the storyline…

I will be using the Plains and Pine Valley of course, the Geothermal, is there somekind of encyclopedia to search through? That would make it a lot more easy.. :lol:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, not exactly. My blog might give an idea of what's out there. https://thetrespasserfrontier.tumblr.com/