Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Back at it…

Post by PierceHill »

Hi guys,

Not completely new here, been here before under a different name and my fan art even made it to the trescom page a few years back. I’ve been a while out of Trespasser and all but it is like an itch that can’t be scratched. So I am playing again and enjoying it, just like back in ‘98.

Not just the game is back for me, but I’m also enjoying drawing again so sketches are made, plans are being layed out. But for now just one sketch of a cover for a Trespasser story. Not sure if I can and will continue the story.

Feedback is always welcome.
Attachments
8F1103E8-3491-4C6A-9DC7-753BB828D637.jpeg
8F1103E8-3491-4C6A-9DC7-753BB828D637.jpeg (18.44 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Back at it…

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome to Site B!

That looks very nice. We haven't really had a good Tres artist around here in a long while. Is it possible for a higher resolution image?
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

No problem, higher res right here!
Attachments
6E973EFF-D6C6-45AD-9152-7C84EFDDED7F.jpeg
6E973EFF-D6C6-45AD-9152-7C84EFDDED7F.jpeg (190.94 KiB) Viewed 3571 times
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Looks pretty great! I'd like to see this cover completed if you ever get around to it.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the face model for Anne? Is that Minnie Driver?
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

TheIdiot wrote:Looks pretty great! I'd like to see this cover completed if you ever get around to it.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the face model for Anne? Is that Minnie Driver?
I did figure that Minnie would be the inspiration to me for Anne, so, yes, based on Minnie Driver… I do feel I will finish the cover, not sure how I will color this, I might go digital after sketch, or go analog all the way. Any opinions on that matter?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Looks great! Despite the concept art I can't help but see Anne with long hair for some reason.
I am glad just that the basis of the piece is in pencil. I prefer physical arts but do appreciate the transition from the one to the other, as drawing maps for Trespasser levels.
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Draconisaurus wrote:Looks great! Despite the concept art I can't help but see Anne with long hair for some reason.
I am glad just that the basis of the piece is in pencil. I prefer physical arts but do appreciate the transition from the one to the other, as drawing maps for Trespasser levels.
I just might do both, at first the classic way and later on scan and digital. Anne probably will have long hair what makes the drawing a bit easier for me as well. There are already some changes to this layout, a raptor, rex and compy are added. Mnt. Watson and some other stuff. I will keep you guys posted on the progress.

And of course, thank you all for the compliments, really appreciated.

I would love to do a full story based on the original walkthrough I've got from JurassicTime, but not sure if I can make that happen, that'll take some time.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

PierceHill wrote:I did figure that Minnie would be the inspiration to me for Anne, so, yes, based on Minnie Driver…
I could tell, very nice :) And I agree that was a good idea.
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Update on the cover, what do you guys think?
Attachments
AEF64E13-A3FA-415D-B3ED-594DE0A61E60.jpeg
AEF64E13-A3FA-415D-B3ED-594DE0A61E60.jpeg (369.15 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That is really pretty. Now I don't need to see the digi version.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Wow, didn't expect the extra details, I think it looks very nice. The "Trespasser" text on the side is a nice touch that is often forgotten about and really makes it feel like what it represents. :)

Personally, I'm totally sick of digital art being the only medium you see used often these days, so even this rough sketch is something I really like. Would love to see it coloured and finalized on paper rather than glossed over by the computer.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Draconisaurus wrote:Now I don't need to see the digi version.
TheIdiot wrote:Would love to see it coloured and finalized on paper rather than glossed over by the computer.
I'm with you guys, it looks great! :)
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

TheIdiot wrote:Wow, didn't expect the extra details, I think it looks very nice. The "Trespasser" text on the side is a nice touch that is often forgotten about and really makes it feel like what it represents. :)

Personally, I'm totally sick of digital art being the only medium you see used often these days, so even this rough sketch is something I really like. Would love to see it coloured and finalized on paper rather than glossed over by the computer.
I will be inking it over in pen and marker coloring, wich I think will keep it nice and clean, for drawing I am mostly oldskool. Digital can always be done in the future by tracing the originals, so that might be a far future thing.
PierceHill
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by PierceHill »

Proud to show you guys the final result!
Attachments
D411E53B-6D72-4613-96F5-0B9684CC59C6.jpeg
D411E53B-6D72-4613-96F5-0B9684CC59C6.jpeg (466.52 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Fairly awesome. Did someone already mention? This'd be great in the community mod somewhere, as we're working on at this time.