20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level (RELEASED pg. 25)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: 20th Anniversary of Trescom Community Level

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

claiming the level again!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

That screenshot looks great. Love the things that've been done in the harbor over time. I'll have to check out the various edits later.
gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

I might claim the level once Trespasserguy uploads the new community level.
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

gooplieslime
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by gooplieslime »

I'll be claiming the level
Profile done by Mortis.

Slime from another planet, reaching out to other communities and such. Obtaining new materials for his species.
Gathering new friends or allies.
Reaching out for the marvelous world out there
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The helicopter fly-away that you've added TresGuy makes me really think about how much we need a new helicopter model with an interior. I'd love to implement the fly-in idea that I'd had for RTJP in this level, but I'd need a model with an interior.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

What about just a new texture for the outside?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:What about just a new texture for the outside?
I doubt that would work with my idea as I would require a cockpit and interior. The idea would be to have the player actually sitting inside the helicopter as they flew over the island using an ASA of the helicopter and the player sync'd up. I've tested it and it does work (that's actually the original purpose of the little animated credits sequence in RTJP~Prologue), but could never find a suitable helicopter model. I could use the BioSyn helicopter but I always pictured something closer to a Huey, with the side door open so you can look out as you fly over the island.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Also thought it might be fun to resurrect the idea of an animated credits sequence? I can probably find some time to make titles for it. Would probably just have the camera cut to the base of the waterfall and roll the credits over it - I was able to do a fairly accurate recreation of the original JP's credits which I could use as a basis for this level. I could probably do an opening sequence as well, maybe make it like the movie with the three title cards that fade in, except have it say something like "TresCom.Org Presents/A Community-driven Project/The TresCom 20th Anniversary Level". Fade in on the helicopter flying over the ocean, then cut to first-person inside the helicopter. Play "Journey to the Island", helicopter lands, player hops out, start level. :wink: All in the level itself, no need for low-resolution videos or anything.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

I like that idea TI. The JPOG InGen heli used in JPDS Streams has an interior. I think we could use it if we either upscale the texture or give it multiple UV maps.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

TrespasserGuy wrote:I like that idea TI. The JPOG InGen heli used in JPDS Streams has an interior. I think we could use it if we either upscale the texture or give it multiple UV maps.
That's true, forgot about that one. Kind of wanted it to be a bit more detailed than that but if need be it will work.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I tried the level to see how it is moving along, but in it's current state, the level is unstable for me, it crashes as soon as I get to the other side of the first tunnel.

On the subject of helicopters: I found this free helicopter model on TurboSquid years ago which is relatively low poly, but with interior and some some nice details. I've been meaning to make it Trespasser ready, but I never got around to it.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fr ... -94/267157
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I tried the level to see how it is moving along, but in it's current state, the level is unstable for me, it crashes as soon as I get to the other side of the first tunnel.
Oooh boy. Better get that fixed before we move on. Nick, what's your framerate like? Is there anything you can think of that might be the cause of this crash? I could try reducing the draw distance or changing some .ini settings to see if that helps. At least you're able to load into the level...
On the subject of helicopters: I found this free helicopter model on TurboSquid years ago which is relatively low poly, but with interior and some some nice details. I've been meaning to make it Trespasser ready, but I never got around to it.
That could work, I'd have to look at it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The framerate was good, until 1 or 2 seconds before it crashed. I was turning around and looking at the sky, so I don't know. I'll try playing with the settings and see if that makes a difference.

I also tried skipping the crash with TNEXT, I was able to get to the train station, but it crashed as soon as I touched the first step.
morningstarring
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by morningstarring »

level looks good everyone. wish i had something to contribute.