Trespasser Mod Manager

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser Mod Manager

Post by Nick3069 »

tatu wrote:You can also just put "-1" to enable all experimental behaviours.
Ah, I didn't know about -1, it wasn't in the reference document. That sure is easier to remember than that 11 digit number or having to do the math to get to it.
tatu wrote:The MaxActiveAi is quite funny. I don't have it set, but CE tends to activate 4-5 depending on area etc sometimes anyway :D
In the level I'm working on, the player can run into situations where 4 or more raptors are chasing them and prior to activating this feature only 3 would be active at a time, which is strange because in the level Labyrinth for example, there were times where 4-5 dinosaurs were active at a time, so it's not consistent.
If TMM allowed us to pick and chose individual behaviors and do the math for us, that would be cool too, but personally, just enabling all of them with one click is enough for me.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Nick3069 wrote:
tatu wrote:You can also just put "-1" to enable all experimental behaviours.
Ah, I didn't know about -1, it wasn't in the reference document. That sure is easier to remember than that 11 digit number or having to do the math to get to it.
No clue why it is not in the documents. But Lee mentioned it in the topic. :)
In the level I'm working on, the player can run into situations where 4 or more raptors are chasing them and prior to activating this feature only 3 would be active at a time, which is strange because in the level Labyrinth for example, there were times where 4-5 dinosaurs were active at a time, so it's not consistent.
If TMM allowed us to pick and chose individual behaviors and do the math for us, that would be cool too, but personally, just enabling all of them with one click is enough for me.
Yeah. I guess by setting the max active dinosaur will help when more are meant to be activated as well. And I guess it might help anyway to hard set it to avoid too many getting active too!

Totally! I've told Mike that is would be great if TMM over time becomes the INI editor as well. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, Nick and tatu. This will be very helpful when I add additional CE Options toggles in the future.

TMM v0.3.8 released which adds the following:
  • Install "TMM-certified" mods from directly within the app
TMM-certified mods are mods which meet Trespasser CE's standard directory structure and which are package in a zip file.

I'm creating a small library of TMM-certified mods here.

tatu

Post by tatu »

As I said on Discord. This is a really neat feature. It will help in the future to create CE/TMM ready mods this way. :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Haven't chimed in on this, but I must say that TMM is getting better and better each time. I was having difficulty getting it to run Tres from tpassp6.exe, but now that you've added an .exe select it works. Saves me the hassle of having to keep switching mods manually! This really is a top-notch useful tool for playing with CE - tatu really ought to add a more visible link for the latest version somewhere on the main site so that casual users are more likely to find it. :)

Question: what exactly does the "UseRecommendedQuality" setting do? Does it read any .ini settings from the mod and override those of your trespasser.ini while the mod is active? If so this is very useful since CE only seems to read a handful of settings from a mod's .ini file normally. In particular CE needs to be able to at least get:

Code: Select all

[General]
DisableSimpleLevelRestart=True
EnableDualStow=True

[DisplayDX9]
UseDX9=True
ScaleModeMenus=3

[Render]
ForceNoBlendTrans=False
ForceMaxObjectDetail=False

[Memory]
MeshHeapSize=48

[Game]
EnableAiActivityEx=-1
MaxActiveAi=8
From a mod's .ini file in order to ensure that levels look and run as intended. It should be up to the modder as to whether they want these settings to override the user's settings since some of these are critical to a level's functioning.

I would also like to suggest adding a function for automatic opening of a "readme.txt" file contained in the modfolder when installing a mod, as getting people to actually check a readme contained in a file they're not even going to be opening manually anymore seems unlikely without forcing it to open before they install. I feel that this is critical as there may be some important notes that a level's creators need to tell the usre before installing, as well as so that appropriate credits can be provided clearly and easily (perhaps a seperate "credits" file could be created? Maybe a "TMM.txt" file which displays specific text, like the level name, version, release date, author(s), and so on when installing the mod?). :)
Another feature I think might be handy (not especially necessary, but useful for authors/players) would be to have a small preview image available on the side in TMM when selecting a mod from the list, to provide a preview for players since it can get very confusing trying to remember which mod is which without a preview. Maybe this preview is also visible when installing from a .zip file? This hypothetical "preview.bmp" image could be contained within the modfolder for ease of use.
Yeah. I guess by setting the max active dinosaur will help when more are meant to be activated as well. And I guess it might help anyway to hard set it to avoid too many getting active too!
Mods should come with that setting in their .ini file if required. I have no idea if CE actually reads that value from a mod's .ini, but regardless I always have it set to 7 in my .ini file (it's 8 in my mod .inis but I would always avoid having 8 AI active regardless in order to be safe - the extra one is available just in case). I've never played a level with more than 7 active at once, and after a lot of testing it seems 7 is the most the game can handle before things start bugging out (like physics turning off, some AI not waking up, etc). I have tested up to 9, which does work provided there aren't too many other objects around, but should also be considered "unsafe" as weird stuff can happen. If TMM adds the ability to change this value in the future, I have to suggest it be allowed to go up to 9, but any values above 7 should come with a warning.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:TMM-certified mods are mods which meet Trespasser CE's standard directory structure and which are package in a zip file.
This is great, I was hoping this feature could be added, but I didn't ask for it because I don't how big you want to take this app.
As tatu asked on Discord, hopefully we can get RAR and 7Z support later.
I added a few issues to the GitHub page. TMM crashes when tp_mod.ini and/or the mod folder are not found and if there are duplicate entries to the trespasser.ini.
MikeTheRaptor wrote:I'm creating a small library of TMM-certified mods here.
I've actually converted Christmas Crisis to a TMM-certified mod last week. Is there a way I can upload it to that library?
TheIdiot wrote:Question: what exactly does the "UseRecommendedQuality" setting do? Does it read any .ini settings from the mod and override those of your trespasser.ini while the mod is active?
Yes, but not just any setting. Here are the settings from trespasser.ini that get overwritten by your mod's fm.ini if UseRecommendedQuality is active:
CacheMinDist, ForceMaxObjectDetail, PixelTolAdj, DetailReductionScale, MaxShearTestDist, MaxCullDistance, MaxCullDistanceShadow, MinCullDistance, MinCullDistanceShadow, ObjectCullDistScale, ObjectCullDistScaleShadow, CachedObjectCullDistScale, MinObjectCullDist, MinObjectCullDistShadow, MinCachedObjectCullDist, MinTerrainNodeEvalDist, PersectiveError, MinSubdivison, AltPerspectiveError, AltMinSubdivision, AdaptiveMinSubdivision, MaxToDepthsort, SortDistanceScale, CullDistScale, CullShadowDistScale, FarClipScale, WaterResScale, TerrainTexelScale, TerrainDistanceScale, ResolutionScale

Basically, only things under Render and MaxQualityParams.
TheIdiot wrote:Mods should come with that setting in their .ini file if required. I have no idea if CE actually reads that value from a mod's .ini, but regardless I always have it set to 7 in my .ini file (it's 8 in my mod .inis but I would always avoid having 8 AI active regardless in order to be safe - the extra one is available just in case). I've never played a level with more than 7 active at once, and after a lot of testing it seems 7 is the most the game can handle before things start bugging out (like physics turning off, some AI not waking up, etc). I have tested up to 9, which does work provided there aren't too many other objects around, but should also be considered "unsafe" as weird stuff can happen. If TMM adds the ability to change this value in the future, I have to suggest it be allowed to go up to 9, but any values above 7 should come with a warning.
It can be set higher than 6? The reference document says 6 is the maximum. Maybe Lee meant 6 was the maximum amount of stable dinosaurs.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Basically, only things under Render and MaxQualityParams.
Perhaps Mike can add the remaining .ini settings, then, and have TMM override them manually while the game is running? I was aware of those settings and they aren't as critical as some of the others.
It can be set higher than 6? The reference document says 6 is the maximum. Maybe Lee meant 6 was the maximum amount of stable dinosaurs.
Yeah, I got it up to 9 in my AI test level. Tried 10 to 12 but no more AI will activate than 9. It was the same way with ATX, but of course ATX was a lot less stable. I seem to recall asking him about it and he told me exactly what you said.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions/discussion. Lots of great ideas and good information. I've added these requests to the GitHub so I can reference them as I continue working on TMM.
Nick3069 wrote:I've actually converted Christmas Crisis to a TMM-certified mod last week. Is there a way I can upload it to that library?
The easiest way to do this right now is to share a download link with me so that I can upload it to the library. It'd be helpful if you include a preview screenshot from the level that I can use as well.

I've created my own separate site for this because I cannot upload directly to TresCom and I am currently experimenting with this concept anyway, but I should note that I definitely cannot guarantee that my site will be around for decades like TresCom has :D Whatever the more permanent future for this will be (likely on Trescom in some form), I'll be sure to include any certified mods from the library in that.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

TMM v1.0.0 released:
  • Code has been completely rewritten
  • Redesigned User Interface
  • Added new "Settings" feature to edit Tres CE EXE path at any time
  • Added "Install Trespasser Retail from CD" function
  • Added "Install Mod from Zip" function
  • Added new Mod Description feature
  • Added additional CE Options (trespasser.ini) toggles (enable cheats, enable experimental AI behaviors, set max AI to 6)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This thing has really come along by now. Earlier versions didn't work for me; I've decided to keep this around for my Tres2020 exe.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Amazing update!

Melber
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Melber »

Lovely :o
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Thank you :) Hope everyone finds it useful.

Minor release today which fixes a bug Tatu noticed where info.txt files weren't being read.

Ty Tatu for the heads up on that.

I also rewrote the readme file for this today.

Please continue to let me know if anyone experiences issues.