Trespasser Mod Manager

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Mod Manager v0.4 (new version released 16JUN2

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Hey TI!

Yes, it's slowly become apparent that the latest version only works for me :(

Here is the last functional version: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... v0.3.1.exe
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Version 0.3.1 is giving me a "failed to execute script" error when I launch it. Do I need to install Python to run it?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Hi Nick.

No, you don’t need python. But the exe does need to be placed in the same folder as your Tres CE exe file or it will not launch.

Can you confirm that you’ve tried that?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Yes, it is in Trespasser's main folder beside tpassp6.exe.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Sorry you've been having trouble with this, Nick.

The Trespasser Mod Manager was tested primarily for use with the Trespasser 2020 distribution of the Tres engine (see my signature). While theoretically, everything except the "Launch TresCE" button should work in other installations, I did not test this.

It's possible that the application isn't working because it's looking for certain things which are present by default in Trespasser 2020 that may not be present in other installations.

For example, do you have a /mods folder in your Trespasser directory? Do you have a trespasser.ini or tp_mod.ini in your Trespasser directory? If you have a /mods folder, are there mods present in the folder?

It may also depend on where in your PC you installed Trespasser. For example, using Windows' default Programs folder seems to limit what applications can do. As a "standalone" installation of Trespasser, Trespasser 2020 allows you to run Trespasser from anywhere on your PC by default.

While many people have managed to get the app to work, some have had difficulty and I think all of them were using Trespasser 2020.

I'm looking into this a little bit more, but it has been a long time since I've actively worked on the app so I'm a little rusty on the details and on what specifically can be done to fix this in the short term.

If you're intent on trying the Mod Manager, which I use regularly and find to be a very convenient way of easily toggling mods on and off, I'd recommend downloading Trespasser 2020, if only to test the mod manager with that installation to see if it works.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

My mod folder is named FMs. Doesn't the program read tp_mod.ini to figure out where the mods are located?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Not at the moment.

Pulled up the old files and did some testing today. Managed to confirm that the current version of the app doesn't run properly without a /mods folder and the tp_mod.ini in place.

There is lots of room for improvement of this app :) It definitely needs to be less dependent on things which vary across installations to be more useful.

This app is really my first experience ever doing something like this, but I appreciate you giving it a try and your suggestion to check the tp_mod.ini, which is preferable. It would probably also benefit from some error handling so we can try to understand what is going wrong when something does.

I'm reviewing the code and considering an update.

UPDATE
Following your suggestion, I've just released a new version of the app which checks the tp_mod.ini for the name of the mods folder. The app will run no matter what you've named it as long as the fmpath in the tp_mod.ini matches the folder name and a folder exists in the directory with that name.

Trespasser Mod Manager v0.3.2

And this might be overkill, but in the spirit of having open source Trespasser utilities, I've also gone and created a GitHub repository for this app.

Thanks again for prompting me to do this, Nick. Please share any other feedback you might have. And if this also doesn't work, let me know :D
MikeTheRaptor

Re: Trespasser Mod Manager v0.3.4 (new version released 4NOV

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

New version: https://github.com/miketheraptor/Trespa ... tag/v0.3.4

This version fixes the following issues:
- No longer depends on Trespasser 2020 for the "Launch Trespasser CE" button to work
- Displays a useful error message when the app fails to locate tp_mod.ini (the most common error)

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Trespasser Mod Manager v0.3.2 (new version released 25OC

Post by Nick3069 »

Great! It's working well for me, but I have few suggestions:
It would be nice if you it would save the selected EXE and you didn't have to select the EXE every time you click Launch Trespasser CE when it doesn't detect TresCE.exe.
Currently all files and folders in the mod folder are shown in the list, only folders should be shown.
Add a refresh button so you don't have to close and re-open the mod manager if you add or remove a mod.
MikeTheRaptor

Re: Trespasser Mod Manager

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Thanks for the suggestions, Nick.

I've just released v0.3.5 which addresses the following:
  • Mod list no longer displays files in the fmpath directory
  • Added support for UseRecommendedQuality setting
  • Improved error/exception handling
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

TMM v0.3.6 released which adds the following requested feature:
  • Persistent user settings: TMM will now prompt the user to set the path for their Trespasser EXE if it is not already set or if its location has changed. Afterwards, pressing the Launch game button will launch Trespasser CE without requiring the user to find the exe file each time.
tatu

Post by tatu »

That is a great feature :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

TMM v0.3.7 released which adds the following:
  • CE Options (trespasser.ini) toggling: TMM can now be used toggle a handful of basic Trespasser CE Options using the GUI interface instead of by editing the trespasser.ini
  • Automatic backup of original trespasser.ini: If a backup does not already exist, TMM will automatically backup your trespasser.ini before making any changes. This file is saved as orig_trespasser.ini. This is important because TMM cannot see commented lines in an .ini file, so commented lines will be removed when settings are changed. Advanced users may wish to preserve commented lines, so this information will be protected in the orig_trespasser.ini file.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Oh wow, this is great! I didn't expect this.

One thing I'd like to see is adding the option to enable the cheats FLY, INVUL and TELE.

Code: Select all

[Debug]
LogDevInfo=99
Technically, anything higher than 0 enables those cheats, but I put the maximum to make sure all debug features are enabled.

Another thing I'd like is enabling experimental behaviors like jumping raptors and increasing the max number of active AI to 6:

[Game]
EnableAiActivityEx=35703007040
MaxActiveAi=6
3 is the default number of active AI, 6 is the max.
35703007040 enables all experimental behaviors, 32768 enables jumping only.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Nick3069 wrote:Another thing I'd like is enabling experimental behaviors like jumping raptors and increasing the max number of active AI to 6:

[Game]
EnableAiActivityEx=35703007040
MaxActiveAi=6
3 is the default number of active AI, 6 is the max.
35703007040 enables all experimental behaviors, 32768 enables jumping only.
You can also just put "-1" to enable all experimental behaviours.
The MaxActiveAi is quite funny. I don't have it set, but CE tends to activate 4-5 depending on area etc sometimes anyway :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."