How to put new textures in a terrain with TresEd?

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: How to put new textures in a terrain with TresEd?

Post by Tormer »

I checked that this tree shadow looks strange in my custom map. Is there a way to fix this thing?
" Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down..."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

There's this non-trigger model called something like Directional Light or something or other. That determines the angle
at which shadows are cast. I know there's one in the demo level, but I don't think I ever bothered using it as I assume
there's a default setting built within the engine's code.

*machf generally has an eye for minor details, he may be able to elaborate further -
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess you mean the shadow's color?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

machf wrote:I guess you mean the shadow's color?
Yes! i expected to see a darker shadow. Maybe, my edits in the start fog and global clut triggers are causing this lighter shade?
" Somewhere on this island is the greatest predator there ever lived. The second greatest predator must take him down..."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The global clut most likely...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Ok, i will check the global clut.
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Hey guys! i know that this will sound a bit strange but the original SWP files of Trespasser disappeared. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again to see if SWP files returned in game directory but nothing appears now. How can i see the original SWP files again?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:Hey guys! i know that this will sound a bit strange but the original SWP files of Trespasser disappeared. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again to see if SWP files returned in game directory but nothing appears now. How can i see the original SWP files again?
Either just launch the level(s) again and the game will generate new SWP from the SPZ. Or just use SWPZ to drag and drop the SPZ and convert them into SWP, that is way easier. Then just keep a copy of the SWP files. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Tormer
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Tormer »

Worked, Thanks!
How can i get rid off the message that appears in TresEd when i load a level? It keeps saying this: "...path not found, please insert CD or cancel to load level manually"?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just ignore it. That's when it either can't find the Trespasser folder in the registry or it doesn't actually exist. And it's better to get that error, that way you can have multiple versions of a level with the same name on different folders without any conflicts. If the folder/pathname were properly set up, TresEd would load some of the level files (the .SPZ and/or .SWP, in the first place) from that location instead of the location where you're opening your level, and leave you wondering "why doesn't it look right?"...
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Tormer wrote:Worked, Thanks!
How can i get rid off the message that appears in TresEd when i load a level? It keeps saying this: "...path not found, please insert CD or cancel to load level manually"?
Uninstall the game. TresEd check for a CD installation through the registry. It is possible that the registry stuff is not deleted after an uninstall though.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."